gearless_chris

Summerfest 2010

Anyone else going?

I have seen the aircraft listed on skydive chicago's site... 2 Twin otters, skyvan and DC3. Have any of you Chicago natives heard word on specialty jumps like balloons, biplanes, or choppers?

We seem to have had a heli at SDC most weekends this year, so I certainly expect one.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ill be getting in tonite for a couple days...hopefully the weather holds out. Sunday looks great though.

Should be fun! Can't wait to jump the skyvan for my first time.

If anyone wants to jump with me and my newbie friend (~45 jumps each!) come say hi. My name Kevin is on my black/white/red mirage rig!

By chance is anyone out there flying in to Milwaukee on Tuesday? It was like $300 cheaper to fly in there than Chicago so thought I'd rent a car & drive the extra hour to Summerfest but it turns out cars are like $600 to rent there! >:( Sadly it's a deal breaker for me so if anyone wants to split a car or has any suggestions I'd appreciate it!

Kristen

Anyone else going?

I have seen the aircraft listed on skydive chicago's site... 2 Twin otters, skyvan and DC3. Have any of you Chicago natives heard word on specialty jumps like balloons, biplanes, or choppers?

Both otters and the skyvan were busy today. The chopper arrived tonight and will be doing jumps starting tomorrow.

By chance is anyone out there flying in to Milwaukee on Tuesday? It was like $300 cheaper to fly in there than Chicago so thought I'd rent a car & drive the extra hour to Summerfest but it turns out cars are like $600 to rent there! >:( Sadly it's a deal breaker for me so if anyone wants to split a car or has any suggestions I'd appreciate it!

Kristen

use priceline and bid on a car, can get a good deal. Though half the problem is taxes. You can also catch a bus from the airport here to ohare for like, $30 or something. You can also take the train into the city of chicago if that helps somehow, but the train station is about 10 blocks from the airport, don't know if there is a shuttle.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Me and a few guys are headin down tomorrow morn. Can't wait to eat, sleep, and skydive (in no particular order) for three days straight at least. :)

E F S - sleeping is overrated
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

SUMMERFEST 2010

(A short poem by me.)

"FUCK, IT'S HOT".

Thank you, thank you verrrrry much.

What?

It's over?

NEVERMIND.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)