RandomLemming

Thefts at Empuriabrava

All,

This is just a quick warning to try and spare someone the very expensive lesson I have just learned. There have been a number of break-ins to cars at Empuriabrava over the past couple of weeks. Yesterday it happened to me and one other group there. We both lost everything we had with us.

Most hotels and especially the apartments do not allow you to check in before quite late in the day, so we had all of our stuff including my camera gear and laptop in the boot of our rental car. Just the excess on the car was E600 for the damage caused while breaking in, and lord only knows at this point what the total loss will be.

The police were completely uninterested in helping and were quite abusive towards me over my lack of Spanish.

If you're going to Empuriabrava and cannot check into your hotel, please try and make other arrangements for your stuff. Park it in the hanger or try and get the office to hold it for you, but don't leave it in your car!