NWFlyer

June 24-27, American Boogie 2010 at SkyDance Skydiving (Davis, CA)

Time to get a list going for the hottest (and yes, we mean that literally) boogie in the west, SkyDance Skydiving's American Boogie. Four days of fun in the sun with two PACs, a Skyvan, most likely a helicopter and balloon, and fantastic organizing for all skill levels.

Belly organizers include Roger Ponce and Collin Bruce, as well as members of Team Kaliedoscope. Freefly organizing will be provided by Axis Flight Group. Sean "Monkeyboy" Horton will be out with demo wingsuits, First Flight Courses, and wingsuit organizing. Sunday is the traditional "inflatable day," so if you can blow it up, bring it out and take it out of the tailgate.

Organizing starts Thursday, with a RW bigway on Friday. Night jumps Friday starting after sunset and going till midnight if there's interest.

Registration includes organizing, t-shirt, raffle, boogie bag, beer, and a catered BBQ Saturday night.

Thursday June 24-Sunday June 27 2010. C'mon out! For those coming in from out of town, Sacramento airport is less than 30 minutes from the dropzone. Oakland and San Francisco are a bit farther, but still an easy drive. There are showers on the dropzone and plenty of space to set up a tent or park an RV (no hookups, though). Hotels in Woodland or Davis would be closest.

http://skydanceskydiving.com/
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Time to get a list going for the hottest (and yes, we mean that literally) boogie in the west, SkyDance Skydiving's American Boogie. Four days of fun in the sun with two PACs, a Skyvan, most likely a helicopter and balloon, and fantastic organizing for all skill levels...

Hope to be there. As you know I'm in the process of interviewing / moving for a new job. It seems likely to happen--and will give me a lot more $$$ for skydiving (eg finally buying gear, etc)--but I may not be quite settled by late June. But I'm going to do my best to be there.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Will now that I live closer, I should head out, but it depends if I'm working or not.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hope to be there. As you know I'm in the process of interviewing / moving for a new job... But I'm going to do my best to be there.

I expect to be there. I am settling into my new job in Seattle but expect to come down to N.Ca. for all four days. I may have some errands to run in the Bay Area on Thursday but expect to arrive at the DZ by late Thursday and stay for the rest of the boogie.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Booked my flight today! I can hardly wait. B|B|

I just booked my ticket and also registered for the boogie this week. I should arrive mid to late afternoon Thursday. Looks like I'll finally be able to get some serious jumping in 2010 in!

Booked my flight today! I can hardly wait. B|B|

I just booked my ticket and also registered for the boogie this week. I should arrive mid to late afternoon Thursday. Looks like I'll finally be able to get some serious jumping in 2010 in!

I'm looking forward to jumping in some warmer air. It's been pretty icky here so far this year, not that it's slowed down my jumping. lol
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

I'm looking forward to jumping in some warmer air. It's been pretty icky here so far this year, not that it's slowed down my jumping. lol

Current forecast is for double-digits, which will be a nice switch after the last few years where this boogie has been over 100 degrees. Hell, it didn't even break 80 yesterday.

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/davis/95616/forecast-weekends.asp
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Bad weather seems to be following me around this year. It was cloudy and rainy later in the spring in N.Ca than usual this year--and now that I've moved north, the dry, sunny season is again slow to make its appearance.

I haven't really had the money to do much jumping anyways, but that is about to change.

Bad weather seems to be following me around this year. It was cloudy and rainy later in the spring in N.Ca than usual this year--and now that I've moved north, the dry, sunny season is again slow to make its appearance.

reply]

Hmmmmmm... You're in the Seattle are now, aren't you? Who told you they have a dry, sunny season?
:)
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Hmmmmmm... You're in the Seattle are now, aren't you? Who told you they have a dry, sunny season?

1. Someone in email who shall go nameless :)
2. My own experience--I lived in Victoria, Canada for a summer many years ago, and also spent part of another summer there--and the weather was definitely very dry and very sunny.

I'll be there with my jello shots again, but this time I won't be gimpy! :)

Just means you lost your excuse for stumbling around the DZ after eating too many jello shots.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I'll be there with my jello shots again, but this time I won't be gimpy! :)

Just means you lost your excuse for stumbling around the DZ after eating too many jello shots.

Hey, there's a difference between limping and stumbling! :P
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

1. Someone in email who shall go nameless :)
2. My own experience--I lived in Victoria, Canada for a summer many years ago, and also spent part of another summer there--and the weather was definitely very dry and very sunny.

Summer in Seattle starts on July 5th. :P

For those wanting to take a hit of the nylon crack, I'll have some demo wingsuits available for experienced birds and my own student suits for those qualified and wanting a first flight course. I'll have my tent in the main packing area. If I'm not training a student, I'll be organizing flocks.

We will have the Skyvan starting Friday, so those that want to play out of the tailgate, here's your chance. Might just be able to get some high speed passes.B|

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity