tcituk

New England weekday dropzones?

Does anyone know what the closest dropzone to New Haven, CT that has weekday hours and fun jumpers?

I recently moved to New Haven and come to find out my closest dropzone SkydiveCT only has weekend hours:( "I work most weekends"
but have most weekdays off to jump, I just need a place to go.

Thanks,
Ted

I would have to agree with a couple on this thread ... the ranch and skydive new england in lebanon maine...

perks -- skydive new england has a great crew and a good after jumping vibe (in which nakedness and singing christmas carrols is an average evening after a couple drinks around the bonfire) .... and often times they organize a group to go to the tunnel in new hampshire at night or bad weather days ... so u could really hone in on some skills

THE RANCH --- I am biased because this was (and still is) my DZ but unfortunately i moved five hours away ... but its perks -- amazing staff, amazing planes (3 super otters less one is being worked on), russians, pond, always a party, always people of all skill levels to jump with, 3 otters, awesome facilities (new hanger with porches, a bar (not sure if its up and running as a true bar yet or not), 3 otters, sweet camping, lots of shit talking and lying around the fire, 3 otters, a great staff in the pro shop (great riggers, sonic is awesome and donna is even better (i still love you sonic but ur wifey is cool shit)), and did i mention that they have 3 otters ....

the best thing to do as most skydivers would tell you pick a couple or a few DZ's and visit them all and make your own decision ... when it all comes down to it -- its what makes you happy

blues skies!!!
good luck!!!

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

Sussex isnt much further, we are also open 7 days per week, alot of AFF right now on weekdays, a few tandems, and on some weekdays in the afternoon the local fun jumpers are out, its only a 182 right now on weekdays though, Kingair on weekends. If your around Tuesday come down, one of our AFF students is getting married at t he dropzone, doing a jump with his fiance right before, and we will run the Kingair90 for the load, so def worth coming out for a jump if you want to be part of all that Tue, they come in at 10am, we will be up in the air by noon, then getting married soon after.

The Ranch is also good advice, always something going on there.

Thanks for all the help guys and gals.
I guess I'm just going to have to make the time this summer and come visit a bunch of these places, as none seem to far away.

I do have another ? requarding riggers, does anyone know of a rigger that might live around the New Haven CT area, as my rig need a repack and I would love to get that done sooner than later, or has anyone trusted the UPS man enough to mail their rig to a dropzone ahead of time to get repacked.

Ted