ryanl2006

Kentucky Skydiving Center?

Does anyone know if Kentucky Skydiving Center is still in business? I will be moving to Lexington soon and they are the closest dropzone. Their dropzone listing on this site links to a dead site and a dead email address. In one of the reviews it says they are not actually in their advertised location. Seems fishy but I am hopeful because the next closest dropzone is an hour and a half away from Lexington.

They are, but they changed their name Skydive Kentucky and moved to Elizabethtown, KY...they currently have a 206 for the summer and a 182 all the time. They are open Wed-Friday 2pm-dark and Saturday and Sunday all day. I frequent there fairly often since I got off student status.

I go up to Start in Middletown, OH for turbines on the 2nd weekend of each month as well. That is only a couple hours from Lexington. 2 Caravans, of course a 182 and they have a King Air coming in in the next week or so. Also, the home of Fastrax! GREAT DZ!! Can get on loads superfast

There is also a new DZ opening on May 1st near springfield Kentucky; closer to Lexington area. I am not sure of the aircraft the new DZ will have but it is geared only for UP jumpers and the word is no tandems.

Hope you enjoy Kentucky and hopefully we will get the opportunity to jump together. Take care!!
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there would be somewhere closer, but I guess an hour and half is not too terribly far. I will definitely be going up to Start sometimes too for the turbines.

I will be out looking for a place to live on the 22-26th of this month, and will try and head out to Skydive KY that weekend.

Do many people from the University of Kentucky go out there? I would be interested in meeting some fellow college students.

Kentucky skydiving center is NOT affiliated with skydive Kentucky. Skydive Kentucky opened after Green County Sport Parachute Center closed in Bardstown. SDKY is tandem oriented and is difficult for up jumpers to get in jumps. Startskydiving.com in Middletown Ohio is the place to go. Start does not operate a C-182 they have 2 C-208 caravans and a C-206-P and a Kingair. The DZ in Springfield will have a C-182.