upndownshop

SkyFest June 15th -21st Celebrating 10 years!

So...has everybody registered? Signed up for the helicopter? Do it now, eh?

Not yet... still waiting to see if they're gonna give me the time off. I don't wanna pay for it and find out that they won't let me go. Sometimes things are a pain in the arse to plan for when in the military.>:(

Do I not recall a video being posted that was an interview from last year with you saying, and I quote: "I will never miss a SF, I might miss other boogies, but I will never miss a SF" end quote....B|
Had to dog you a little. Seems to be the thing to do lately around here.>:(
I know you will give it your best shot! You know you are an important part of SF and I know where your heart is. Now if I can just make you keep your damn clothes on!!!!

What part of the world are ya in now?

Damn Andy, I was going to say: thats the SkyFest spirit!
Thanks
And Dane, I will make sure you have a slot as well. The days attending are going to be nailed down in the next couple of days. Saturday has been discussed and pretty sure that will go thru.

Marion: This is the 10th year of SF, last year was the one and only year with an AC/manifest/loading issues (again, the DZ's responsibilities in 09, which was not what was agreed to). Look at our history page on our site and check out what we have done. Or one could search DZ.com for SF 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,and 08 and read about the success we have had. No one was more disappointed than me, that I can guarantee you! And in a lot more ways than anyone will ever know. It was enough to knock the wind out of me and leave a hole in my heart. The Casa "breaking down" was nothing compared to the behind the scenes issues that we dealt with.

It is important to keep things moving during an event.The Casa drains a boogie financially. Not sure about most folks but I cannot afford to pay 5K for a Casa to show up and sit on the ground.

With that being said, we are trying to continue to do something good with this event for the sport, jumpers and all involved. Help us reach that goal.

So who wants to boogie with a great group of Farm animals, fantastic load organizers, surprise AC, meet some manufacturers, get some gear cheap in an auction, party their jumpsuits off;) make some new friends and have some kick ass skydives?!!

So who wants to boogie with a great group of Farm animals, fantastic load organizers, surprise AC, meet some manufacturers, get some gear cheap in an auction, party their jumpsuits off;) make some new friends and have some kick ass skydives?!!

Put me down for:
-boogie with animals
-LOs
-suprise AC
-manufacturers
-cheap gear
-party naked
-new friends
-kisk-ass skydives

Hmpf...nowhere did you mention the young, petite, blond, blue-eyed coed that's coming just for me.
[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well I'll let you keep the specialty AC a secret for now, but one would like to know when those AC will be there?

Will they just be there Friday - Sunday?

Thanks

That seems fair enough. :) It looks like Sat is a definite, thinking Friday will be good as well. Will post once he confirms the days.
Balloon will be flying Thur evening and doing an AM and PM drop Fri - Sunday!
Drop me a line if you want me to reserve a slot. Will be dropping 6 per load. We will sell the tickets there.
Thanks

Hey J. Not much info on the website, unless I am not accessing it properly. What are the other aircraft and prices? And do you have lists from the previous scholarship winners? It would sure be cool to follow the winners and see "where are they now"
Are there campsites available? What are the prices?
A really good fund raiser would be if you could add a fan auction! Woohoo!
Hey! Have a great boogie!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Curious, what kind of helicopter and what altitude for $60?
How much are Otter and Casa jumps?
Thanks...

R44 holds 3 and will be there for the entire event
Heli Alti between 4 and 5
Otter and Casa 25.00
Half price first load on Otter at 8:30 AM
Balloon there Thur - Sun $85.00 maybe 2 of them
other specialty AC between $25.00 and $35.00
Possibly 6 different AC total to play with and more to check out!
Between the attending Manufacturers and those who have donated from overseas have created some great items up for grabs in the Gear Auction Sat night!
100% off Custom Containers
100% off Helmets
100% of Audibles
50 to 100% off jump/wing suits
and much more!

Hope that helps and thanks for the support!
J

Thanks J. You might (not) remember me, I bought a J4 with a Raven 210 from you at WTS about 4 years ago and had a cutaway the same day - I will be at Skyfest this year (already registered).
Any chance the balloons will be flying Thurs? I would be pushing it to be there until Fri and really want to get a Balloon jump in...

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Thanks J. You might (not) remember me, I bought a J4 with a Raven 210 from you at WTS about 4 years ago and had a cutaway the same day - I will be at Skyfest this year (already registered).
Any chance the balloons will be flying Thurs? I would be pushing it to be there until Fri and really want to get a Balloon jump in...

Ahh yes, had the black and red Sabre 1 if I remember right? The Balloon is scheduled to do one drop Thurs evening. Then the regular schedule will be an AM and PM drop starting Fri morn. Due to the timing on confirming the Balloons we will have to sell the tickets at the event. But you can let me know which day you prefer and I will pencil it in. May I assume Thurs night?

Looking forward to seeing you again.
Thanks

Oh and Jim, no beer this year, just a keg of Seagrams 7..:S

Wow, you do remember. Yep black and red Sabre 1 that has since been retired due to its trying to kill me (ultra hard opening resulting in 9 broken lines with me spinning on my back).
Thurs night would be awesome, I can likely do that. Unfortunately I will not be able to stay for Friday-Sunday unless something changes in the next week...

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Specialty Aircraft... is there a chance that the Pitts Special will be one of the mystery AC?

Unfortunately the Pitts was sold and we lost it. Have feelers out for another but nothing promising. Weird though, seems like every year I go thru this and it seems to work out, I honestly thought there would be no balloon and now we may even have 2! And yes the Casa is good to go as well, I signed the contract this time! Whooo hoo!

Thank you for the support!

Hey Skyfesters!

Just a quick note to let you know I'll be there bright and early Tuesday morning organizing belly flyers!

We'll start with all comers with a plan to build the group to 20-ways by the weekend.

Not ready for 20-ways? Be there early and take advantage of load organizers ready to get you in the air on fun, quality jumps.

20-way solid? Be there early and stake your claim to a slot! 20+ ways and formation loads by the weekend, anyone?

Somewhere in between? Be there early to earn your place!!

Seein' a pattern here?

C'mon Skyfesters, let's jump!

Chuck Akers
FS Organizer, Skyfest 2010
Dirt Dive: 9am, Tuesday, June 15, 2010, The Farm
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Just a quick note to let you know I'll be there bright and early Tuesday morning organizing belly flyers!

Chuck is an EXCELLENT organizer! If you have not jumped with him you should!!
Bummed I am currently forced to stay on the ground.>:(
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.