upndownshop

SkyFest June 15th -21st Celebrating 10 years!

How about YOU, Marion?
Nothing like an excellent record holder to do that, eh?
:)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Andy... however, I still have tons to learn and was hoping to see The Brothers Gray, Chuck Blue, or someone of that caliber there.

Yo Marion, Tony from Tony Suits will be there, the Brothers have been a major part of SF over the years and we may have a schedule conflict with them. Chris and I are working thru it as we speak but we will have a WS rep/mfr. owner there either way.

More stuff being posted on the SF site almost daily now, so keep an eye there. Trying to keep up this year, been a real bitch! :(:S Good thing I dont have much hair to begin with:)Thank you for your support!

Of course since we aren't allowed to do "form loads all day long at skyfest" and Andy will be jumping Tom should be safe.

I guess the "no form loads all day long" (NFLADL) is actually a saftey feature of skyFest! :P;)

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

I guess the "no form loads all day long" (NFLADL) is actually a saftey feature of skyFest! :P;)

Yep. It's safe to say that, for the youngsters, there will be more slots available for when they want them.

J could say this more to-the-point, but I'll pipe in with:

Please keep in mind that SkyFest is about helping out the youngsters...typically, those not quite ready for big bigways so formation loads would not make sense for them.

As far as formation jumps, smaller groups and working up to larger groups is the focus here to help encourage them in their quest for better and better skills....not to mention the opportunity to meet and jump with different people.

For the more experienced, SkyFest is a good opportunity for them to return the favors that were given them as youngsters by their mentors.
Hence the motto, "Pay it Skyward".

Every boogie has a "flavor". SkyFest's is about sharing your knowledge and skills with others.

Other boogies can attend to the more advanced and provide opportunities to demonstrate advanced skills and that's all well and good...and absolutely needed and welcomed and to be commended. SkyFest is not one of those types.

So, if you support the idea of "Pay it Skyward", SkyFest welcomes your participation and support...the youngsters would appreciate it, too.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I think I have been lectured by Andy!! :P

You coming to Americus this weekend? It's just for fun and they only have a PAC750 so unless we can REALLY time it with one of the balloons there won't be any formation loads ;)

Hope to see ya there

fr

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Looks like I'm going to be going up to the Farm for SkyFest this year. I'll be bringing the UPT tent and a couple demo rigs. Look me up and we'll make a jump.

Mark Klingelhoefer
United Parachute Technologies.

WooooHoooo!
Mark, you know you're always welcome at SkyFest AND at STF!

Do you happen to know what day the CASA is slated to arrive? I'm trying to plan around other obligations so I'd like to make sure I get myself there when this aircraft is around. I'll be around for parts of the boogie, but might be lots of driving back and forth.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Do you happen to know what day the CASA is slated to arrive? I'm trying to plan around other obligations so I'd like to make sure I get myself there when this aircraft is around. I'll be around for parts of the boogie, but might be lots of driving back and forth.

Of course I do! AC contracts are written so there is a "go or no go" clause so that if we know bad weather is coming (no worries there, its SkyFest ;)) we can hold off their arrival the morning of. Right now we have it scheduled to arrive Thursday, probably mid morning to noon sometime.

In other news: :P
We just picked up another specialty AC, with one more pending! So I have at least 2 very unique AC that will go great in ones logbook. And being that I personally do not have these 2 logged with my 40 odd that I have jumped you can bet your arse I will be on the first drops.B| And get this: the price is right!
What are they, well........lets just say, you wont be disappointed.
Helicopter will be there the entire time: Tue - Mon
Have a new lead on a pilot with 2 Balloons, still pending.
As always there will be many manufacturers present to show off the latest and greatest, not to mention the additional ones (especially over seas) who donate to the Auction in addition to those who are attending.

The shower trailer is confirmed, the bands are booked, pre registration is open, belly dancers are ready, beer is ordered, RV slots are about gone , Organizers are organized and the famous Farm is ready! So reduce your driving and just hang out with the Farm Animals! :D

Ok, ask me another question. B|

And thanks for your support!

...We just picked up another specialty AC, with one more pending! ... What are they, well........lets just say, you wont be disappointed. ...

You need to tell us what these mysterious AC are. "You won't be disappointed" doesn't motivate me, as I was kind of disappointed last year.
... Marion

I want in on the mysterious aircraft. Is there somewhere I can prepay for slots or will there be plenty of slots available?

That's the spirit, Dane! I got your first slot covered.

PS: Don't let me forget...you know how I am.
:D:D

Thanks Andy. I don't know when the mysterious aircraft will be there. Unfortunately As much as I want to be there for the whole thing I will only be there jumping Saturday and Sunday. By the way, If you would like for me to help out with some of the SCR jumps I want to help.

Thanks Andy. I don't know when the mysterious aircraft will be there. Unfortunately As much as I want to be there for the whole thing I will only be there jumping Saturday and Sunday. By the way, If you would like for me to help out with some of the SCR jumps I want to help.

You're IN, Dane! Thanks!

I'm the one who's pissed about the formations....the last two.
I wasn't on them.
[:/]

I was run through Scott's Ronco Slicer/Dicer...cut to shreds.

I got in on the last 4 loads... wish I could've been on the first 5 though.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

So...has everybody registered? Signed up for the helicopter? Do it now, eh?

Not yet... still waiting to see if they're gonna give me the time off. I don't wanna pay for it and find out that they won't let me go. Sometimes things are a pain in the arse to plan for when in the military.>:(
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.