upndownshop

SkyFest June 15th -21st Celebrating 10 years!

...Of course we will have 2 Otters, and a Casa...

This will be my third Skyfest. Of course I will be there, especially since it is very close to home.

Not to bring up a bad subject, but are you sure you will have a Casa this year? Last year you charged a very hefty registration fee and both the Casa and the Pitts were no-shows.

Also, I hope you do not handle manifest like you did last year. That got bad reviews from just about everyone.
... Marion

This will be my third Skyfest. Of course I will be there, especially since it is very close to home.

Not to bring up a bad subject, but are you sure you will have a Casa this year? Last year you charged a very hefty registration fee and both the Casa and the Pitts were no-shows.

Also, I hope you do not handle manifest like you did last year. That got bad reviews from just about everyone.

Marion,
I hope you, and others, understand that the CASA appearance AND the manifesting were all under the control of the dropzone and that SkyFest had no input into any of that. Why the DZ didn't bring in the CASA as committed and advertised is something else...the "official" excuse was mechanical problems. You may want to direct those questions to the DZ management. Good luck.

The Pitts bailed on SkyFest after committing. The cancellation was discovered and posted about 3 weeks before the event.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Marion,
I hope you, and others, understand that the CASA appearance AND the manifesting were all under the control of the dropzone and that SkyFest had no input into any of that. Why the DZ didn't bring in the CASA as committed and advertised is something else...the "official" excuse was mechanical problems. You may want to direct those questions to the DZ management. Good luck.

The Pitts bailed on SkyFest after committing. The cancellation was discovered and posted about 3 weeks before the event.

Forget the Casa... I like the idea of a DC-3!!!B|B|B|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

You can have front float AND hold the ladder at crank-up.

As long as he doesn't mind getting sprayed with oil from the radial engine up front, it's all good. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You can have front float AND hold the ladder at crank-up.

As long as he doesn't mind getting sprayed with oil from the radial engine up front, it's all good. :D

Black rig, Black jumpsuit... and its all good

Damn, Billy! You let the cat out of the bag, dude!
:D:P

Gonzo's open butt-flap filled with oil.....priceless.

You just better hope I don't fart while climbing out.:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Damn, Billy! You let the cat out of the bag, dude!
:D:P

Gonzo's open butt-flap filled with oil.....priceless.

Well now that takes "lube jobs" to new lows...

there could be worse things that a butt flap could be filled with... I'm ok with oil.:D

We've just been notified that we will be having an honored guest appearance.

As part of his East Coast Tour, DZ.com's own JTVAL will bless us with his presence!

:D:D

One thing about the Load Organizers...

I think that, this year, unlike last year, the LOs that commit really do understand the concept of "Pay it Skyward".

So many years passed with the LOs being firmly committed to helping out the youngsters through SkyFest. I think this year will see a resurgence in that concept.

Hopefully, more than just the LO's remember what the event is really about.

I can't wait until June. It's going to be great this year! Hopefully we can set a new record for SCR recipients. ;)B|

How about putting out some fliers explaining what the SCRs are for, the rules, etc.
A lot of people have no idea.

Good idea!

http://starcrestawards.com/

...has it all.

Star Crest -

"Select Type of Accomplished Relative worker Combining Reliability, Enthusiasm, Skill, and Teamwork."

Trivia:
Started in 1967 by Bill Newell and is the oldest, longest-running performance award in existence today.

SkyFest Records:
-33 recipients at one SkyFest
-24 maggots in the ceremony

Requirements:
-make the jump
-submit for the award package
-provide 2 cases of beer
-participate in the ceremony