upndownshop

SkyFest June 15th -21st Celebrating 10 years!

SkyFest is preparing for its 10 Year Anniversary! June 15-21, 2010 at Skydive The Farm! The official boogie that "Pays it Skyward".
Of course we will have 2 Otters, and a Casa. With more specialty AC to be announced. Still trying to confirm the Helicopter and Balloon, if you know anyone that may be able to help, please let us know. Seems like we go thru this every year with those two AC, and each year we have come thru, so we expect the same this year.:S

Not to mention over a dozen manufacturers available for you to check out their latest and greatest gear and demos! Make sure you stop by their booth and spend some time with them.
You can also catch some of the manufacturers in March here: http://www.skydiveexpo.com/

We also have the largest Gear Auction in the country with several 100% discounted products to bid on! See the site for a list of auction items.

Lets not forget what SF is all about: the growth, retention, and safety of our sport. So all you new jumpers, this boogie is for you!! And for all the experienced jumpers, come out and pass on your experience, set some records, make some history, tell your stories, and help SF "Pay it Skyward"!!!

Some of the events during SF will be:
POPS State Record
Women's GA State Record
Wingsuit State Record
Freefly State Records, Male and Female
SCR's and SCS
Pink Patch Jumps (a chance to win a jump with 19 ladies)
20 + ways - TeXXas Style!!
20 LO's on hand to cover any type of jumping you would like
Hoop, Raft, Banana, Tube, Safe Sex, Chair, and many other inflatable dives!

What more could you ask for? Well how about a week at the beautiful Skydive The Farm! If you have not been, this is the time to check it out!
2 landing areas
2 Ponds
RV hookups will be available with reservations
Bonfires!
And of course the parties, Farm Style!!

We recently "gutted" the website so bear with us as we get more information on there. More details to work out so keep an eye on the site.
Pre registration will open in the next couple of weeks.

Wow, 10 years of SkyFest! Its been an interesting ride to say the least. We are very appreciative of everyone's support over the years and hope to see you there!

Seeing how it's close, I'll come. :P

Ditto. Only an hour and 20 minutes from me with the pedal to the metal. :P

I'll believe it when I see it Billy!!;) LOL

This is another thing I like about having it at the Farm this year, the South has been strong supporters for some time, now its in their back yard!

Seeing how it's close, I'll come. :P

Ditto. Only an hour and 20 minutes from me with the pedal to the metal. :P

I'll believe it when I see it Billy!!;) LOL

This is another thing I like about having it at the Farm this year, the South has been strong supporters for some time, now its in their back yard!

Well since its not my backyard.. and it will probably be too hot for me.( you tend to get used to this mild weather her in the Pacific NW). I think I will pass:ph34r:

Its like a scratched record! Too hot! So what did I do for you: moved it to the East Coast and up to June. Not good enough yet?:):P

DUDE.. 106 degrees and 90% humidity nearly killed me at Chester...:S

You get used to this mild climate after a few years.. this is America's version of Crappy English Weather up here most of the year... just like you guys are used to that hot assed humid weather.

Its like a scratched record! Too hot! So what did I do for you: moved it to the East Coast and up to June. Not good enough yet?:):P

DUDE.. 106 degrees and 90% humidity nearly killed me at Chester...:S

You get used to this mild climate after a few years.. this is America's version of Crappy English Weather up here most of the year... just like you guys are used to that hot assed humid weather.

Chester was hot, enough to set a record I believe?
Luckily we can take advantage of the 2 ponds at the Farm!
I have 3 cutaway harness's ready for the Thunderbow, lopo, Strato Star, and Paraplane just for us! I even sacrificed an old G4 by cutting the container off it just for the 3 ring release!! Thus giving me harness's with shot and a half's, large rings and mini rings. Left my Javelin in perfect shape of course! ;)
What else do you need? :o:):P

I had no problems getting water. Long hose, problem solved.

Yep! It was hot as a .. well, it was hot.

And I've decided that no matter where SF goes, its just hot! I really thought we would be below 100 at Raeford for he first time in 9 years, it was predicted to be 99, but they were wrong again! Uggh!

Canada next year? :D

Always wanted to do the WA area (Ferringtons), thats a great thought! Maybe Amazon would quit bitching then eh?B|

Hell yeah... its a GREAT DZ..... HUGE landing area... great facility.... and really good people.. although June would be IFFY... now the 2nd last week of July ... the week before Lost Prairie... now THAT would be an EPIC Boogie Schedule. Temps should be in the low 80's and DRY.. like 45% humidty.

And it would only rain 3 out of the 4 days:D

Not in late July

That is why I suggested it. We get about 6 weeks where there is very little chance of rain.. from just after the 4th of July... till mid AUG... before the 4th... and after Aug 15th... we get a very few showery days. We have a dry season.. and it fosters some pretty harsh fire seasons during that time.

Not in late July

That is why I suggested it. We get about 6 weeks where there is very little chance of rain.. from just after the 4th of July... till mid AUG... before the 4th... and after Aug 15th... we get a very few showery days. We have a dry season.. and it fosters some pretty harsh fire seasons during that time.

Scroll down to the June dates: Now whats your excuse? he he You know I am just giving you a hard time!!

By the way, when was the last time you have been rodeo'd? Its time again! So what do you say, can I have that slot? Wouldn't that be a great shot!!

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/History.aspx?month=6

Not in late July

Scroll down to the June dates: Now whats your excuse? he he You know I am just giving you a hard time!!

By the way, when was the last time you have been rodeo'd? Its time again! So what do you say, can I have that slot? Wouldn't that be a great shot!!

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/History.aspx?month=6

DUUUDE You cant fool me... I grew up in a climatologically abusive family. We spent winters in Wisconsin... and summers in Florida. There is no way you will convince me to spend ANY summer month anywhere in the bible belt and have anything but muggy humid hot rainy weather.

From your ownlink....

Seattle in July

Daily Averages & Records - °F | °C Date Average
Low Average
High Record
Low Record
High Average
Precipitation Average Snow
Jul 1 55° 72° 49° (1973) 88° (1995) 0.04" 0"
Jul 2 55° 73° 47° (1979) 90° (1985) 0.04" 0"
Jul 3 55° 73° 51° (1983) 82° (1981) 0.03" 0"
Jul 4 55° 73° 52° (1977) 90° (1997) 0.03" 0"
Jul 5 55° 73° 51° (1977) 85° (1975) 0.03" 0"
Jul 6 55° 73° 49° (1996) 78° (1975) 0.03" 0"
Jul 7 56° 73° 49° (1988) 83° (1996) 0.03" 0"
Jul 8 56° 74° 50° (1981) 85° (1996) 0.03" 0"
Jul 9 56° 74° 51° (1986) 91° (1985) 0.03" 0"
Jul 10 56° 74° 51° (1987) 84° (1990) 0.03" 0"
Jul 11 56° 74° 53° (1984) 84° (1990) 0.03" 0"
Jul 12 56° 74° 52° (1973) 88° (1990) 0.03" 0"
Jul 13 56° 74° 50° (1974) 89° (1996) 0.03" 0"
Jul 14 56° 75° 52° (1984) 90° (1996) 0.03" 0"
Jul 15 56° 75° 51° (1992) 84° (1973) 0.03" 0"
Jul 16 57° 75° 52° (1987) 90° (1979) 0.03" 0"
Jul 17 57° 75° 51° (1987) 88° (1979) 0.03" 0"
Jul 18 57° 75° 52° (1986) 90° (1995) 0.03" 0"
Jul 19 57° 75° 50° (1977) 93° (1995) 0.03" 0"

Jul 20 57° 75° 50° (1974) 94° (1994) 0.03" 0"
Jul 21 57° 75° 52° (1975) 92° (1994) 0.02" 0"
Jul 22 57° 75° 52° (1977) 90° (1978) 0.02" 0"
Jul 23 57° 75° 52° (1977) 96° (1991) 0.03" 0"
Jul 24 57° 75° 50° (1973) 87° (1984) 0.03" 0"
Jul 25 57° 75° 54° (1976) 92° (1988) 0.03" 0"
Jul 26 57° 76° 53° (1991) 89° (1996) 0.03" 0"
Jul 27 57° 76° 50° (1976) 90° (1996) 0.03" 0"
Jul 28 57° 76° 53° (1976) 88° (1985) 0.03" 0"
Jul 29 57° 76° 53° (1975) 87° (1985) 0.03" 0"
Jul 30 58° 76° 52° (1986) 86° (1974) 0.03" 0"
Jul 31 58° 76° 53° (1975) 87° (1974) 0.03" 0"

See no snow in July;)

OH and did I see...... MORE RAIN in GA in June than Seattle in July ... neener neener

This will be my 4th consecutive Skyfest. :):)
Unfortunately, the streak will have to be broken next year, as it looks like we're deploying in about a year. Sounds like I'm gonna miss most of the boogie season. :(

Guess I'll just have to make this one that much better and get twice as crazy.;)>:(

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I'll be there for a few days at least. I hope you guys stay on top of the logistics for this boogie- otherwise it could become a giant cluster-f. That being said, I'm sure things will go fine and a good time will be had by all.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

I'll be there for a few days at least. I hope you guys stay on top of the logistics for this boogie- otherwise it could become a giant cluster-f. That being said, I'm sure things will go fine and a good time will be had by all.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

You bet your arse we will, break the landing pattern rules and they are outa here! Looking to keep our safety record as is!
Thanks for the support!

Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to make it .... i went a bought a diamond ... sold my soul ... she would never keep my away from jumping but we do have to save up for the wedding and i guess i have to pay for the whole honeymoon :S

Hopefully we can get the ranch to skyfest again

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to make it .... i went a bought a diamond ... sold my soul ... she would never keep my away from jumping but we do have to save up for the wedding and i guess i have to pay for the whole honeymoon :S

Hopefully we can get the ranch to skyfest again

Heeeees baaack! Hey Congrats!! Did ya notice I kept the school dates in mind again for ya? Ahhh do a honeymoon at the Farm! LOL.... Hope to see you Bill its always a pleasure. But life does get in life's way at times, so I understand! :)

thank you much!!! so i have been informed that i have to choose between my 'normal' summer vacations and can only do one ... normal is two music fests (usually all good in WV and Camp Bisco in NY) .... two skydive fests .... and then two nature trips like white water rafting, hiking, etc....

so i have to choose one of those six ---- the obvious answer is skyfest but that does not include her ... so idk we will have to see ... if i can convince her to do two trips then i will be there ... i will try

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear