NYKid

Skydive The Hamptons

there already is a 'real' dropzone out there thats not just a tandem factory ... i guess the only way this new one could be more 'real' is if there would be a 'dropzone hood' on the DZ and a bar, and a fire pit, and of course shenanighans ... but the DZ that is already there does not lack the latter

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

there already is a 'real' dropzone out there thats not just a tandem factory ... i guess the only way this new one could be more 'real' is if there would be a 'dropzone hood' on the DZ and a bar, and a fire pit, and of course shenanighans ... but the DZ that is already there does not lack the latter

Or maybe some fun jumpers.. SDLI is a tandem factory that tolerates fun jumpers. I can think of a few times that I was bumped off a load for a tandem... I also have heard if you don't like it, pay the toll. (Go to another drop zone) That's thier famous line. Now nobody will have to pay a toll. Just drive a couple miles down the road.;)

Or maybe some fun jumpers.. SDLI is a tandem factory that tolerates fun jumpers. I can think of a few times that I was bumped off a load for a tandem... I also have heard if you don't like it, pay the toll. (Go to another drop zone) That's thier famous line. Now nobody will have to pay a toll. Just drive a couple miles down the road.;)

Maybe it being YOU is the only reason it happened...to you? ;) havent heard of it happening to people!

Last time i saw there were lots and lots of fun jumpers here!

There is so much mis-information and lies out there, for example-- NYKID has 2 jumps and a C license, pretty incredible !!--so what are we to believe about anything else he says?

I have been in this sport a long time, and remember a time when this trash talk was non-existent. Men were men,and if they had something to say they would do it face to face, not in a public place where you can hide behind your username and do not have to answer to anyone. Must make you feel real big and brave.

All of us would be better off if you took the advise of one T-Shirts logo--"Shut up and Jump"

Blue Skies to all !!

Sorry but i have to agree. I went to SDLI for the first time and will never go back. We were on a 8 way dive and got bumped off once we had our gear on. I guess the smack in the face came when we all had our gear on and ready to board. As we watched the tandems board the aircraft instead. I really cannot stand a DZ like that and will never return. It was bad enough we had to manifest 4 loads in advance, so it took us almost 3 hours for a jump. Its sad to see all customers are not treated equal. Shut up and jump ? i guess thats the response when you and your DZ are wrong and really dont care for fun jumpers. I am glad i never have to deal with that type of attitude. I hear this many times from freinds that jumped at SDLI. Yes pay the toll is their famous line and we all do. I really do not like to talk bad about anyone especially a bussiness but it is what it is and the facts are just that.

I am there for a few years and never got bumped because of a tandem & never saw you get bumped either. Hey my hat is off to you to start a business and I wish you luck but stop the trash talk about one of the best DZ on the east coast

After The Ranch, Sussex, Cross Keys, a few in Florida, Rafford, the farm...Should I keep going???

We are talking about the DZ that took out a website about a Cessna Tandem DZ nearby showing how they own a turbine, big landing area...ETC and then called it unbiased and neutral and not affiliated with either DZ? I am sure someone really is paying big bucks each month for the google ads on a neutral unbiased website :S fear has a nasty smell to it and is oh so unattractive...guess thats why I have had this huge desire to not cross the Hudson...

I am there for a few years and never got bumped because of a tandem & never saw you get bumped either. Hey my hat is off to you to start a business and I wish you luck but stop the trash talk about one of the best DZ on the east coast

Ok first thing I would like to SAY IS SDLI HAS THE BIGGEST TRASH TALKERS. I dont need to hide. Here Im am. Everything NYkid said was true.RAY I heard you say if not once a thousand times. If you dont like it pay a toll. You want to say you didnt thats fine. I really don't give two shit what you or any of your asshole employees think.

Dont get me wrong their are some real good people at SDLI . One or two bad apples spoil the bunch as they say.
Just leave me out of the bullshit.
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

Locking this thread because of all the trash talking. C'mon guys, grow up, you're not making either dz look like a very welcoming place right now.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon