antonija

Bunkhouse at Skydive the Farm

Are they good? Bad? Clean? Loud? Safe(ish)? I'm planing a trip there in few weeks and will need a place to stay.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

Well I wasn't looking for a silk sheets with mint chocolate placed on pillow every day when hot french maid cleans it B|
I am more concerned about wildlife and bugs in rooms :) or birds nesting in there (like at some other DZ bunkhouse).

I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

Well I wasn't looking for a silk sheets with mint chocolate placed on pillow every day when hot french maid cleans it B|

Hans can provide the sheets and the chocolate. If you want the French Maid outfit, you'll have to buy it and we'll get one of the animals to wear it for you....at some reasonable additional cost, I'm sure.
:D:D

I am more concerned about wildlife and bugs in rooms :) or birds nesting in there (like at some other DZ bunkhouse).

Birds? BIRDS????
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

If you want the French Maid outfit

Borrow Bolas'.

Depends on their size.

They may need to borrow yours or Banesuara's.

Between the three of us we've prolly got one that'll fit anyone. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Whatever you decide to do, just remember this. If you plan on getting sodding drunk, don't pick the top bunk beds. They're about 7-8 feet off the floor. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I should be coming to the farm at the beginning of march and stay there for 7-10 days. Currently it looks like I'll be departing around 5th and returning around 16th. I know about the St. Paddys thing from 17th to 21st so I'm trying to be there before the whole thing.

I'm coming from Slovenia (Europe).

That's some strange logic. Come a week later and you can jump at The Farm and the boogie.:)

and get to ride the plane to the boogie! (just saying its a possibility, you will have to confirm with the powers that be i.e. Hans and Greg) :)
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Skydive the Farm will be sending the STF Super Otter to Fitzgerald, Georgia for the 2010 St. Patrick's Day Boogie, March 18-21, 2010 hosted by "Roaming Dropzone".

I was under impression that the otter will not be at the farm on those dates, so I chose to come either before or after, but definitely not during.

EDIT: Besides I'm not coming there (just) to drink, I'm actually planing on learning a thing or two (about skydiving mainly). The dates are almost set so I started looking for a place to sleep (and by sleep I mean sleep). I looked at local hotels and they either get bad reviews on teh internetz or are quite expensive. Since I managed quite well at few bunkhouses so far I guessed that if I get more of "clean" and "quiet" responses bunkhouse shouldn't be a problem at The farm.

I think you are missing the point. If you could be there a week later you could spend some of your time jumping at The Farm and some of your time jumping at the St.Patricks Boogie. The Farm Otter will be flying south about an hour and meeting up with two other Otters and about 300 skydivers.

Hijack over. Have fun at The Farm. Great place,Great people.

When I was there there was a drunk asshole that was a real pain in the ass.
Oh wait... that was me.
Go for it... I won't be there.
:)

Not so much an asshole...just absolutely mind-blowing drunk, yes.

Since this thread seems to have a lot of locals in it I have few more question for you:
I was looking at rental cars yesterday and they seemed really expensive for the 10 day period (or maybe I'm just too cheap). Would I really need my own car there? I don't plan to do any travelling, sightseeing and other stuff people do on vacations, so the only thing I need the car would be to get me from ATL airport to DZ and back and to get some supplies while at STF.

So I was thinking alternatives and the first one was airport taxi. How much would they charge me for a ride from ATL to STF? And how much would be a taxi from STF to nearest grocery store and back?

Last but not least, is it reasonable to expect to meet friendly skydivers (with cars) that will drive me around (for few beers and a fee to cover the gas and some more beer B|)?

EDIT: If renting a car is the way to go, could someone explain the insurance system in US? Is any insurance included in base price? Are there legal requirements what insurance I must have to drive there? Which of the optional insurances (Loss damage waiver, Supplemental liability, etc.) is good thing to have and where to get them from (rent place or other insurance company)?

Car probably not needed. There are many jumpers in Atlanta that would be glad to give you a ride to the DZ.

Worst case, I'll come from the Farm to pick you up at the airport and take you back.

Getting back and forth to a store of any type, (there's a good booze store in town ;)) will be no problem whatsoever. We're friendly like that.
:)
Let us know as early as you can what airline, day, and time of arrival...somebody will be there.

On the other hand, if you have an extra arm and leg to spare, you can take a taxi.

Thats freekin sweet :)
Given a choice I'd much rather give my money to DZ for tickets or for coaching jumps and not pay 500$ for rental car.

I will let you know when I have the exact dates (and time and flight #) of my arrival.

Given a choice I'd much rather give my money to DZ for tickets or for coaching jumps and not pay 500$ for rental car.

I will let you know when I have the exact dates (and time and flight #) of my arrival.

Yeah, fuck the rental car. Not worth the cost if you're just going to eat, jump, drink, sleep. Plenty of people will give you a ride if needed. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I would definitely NOT take a taxi from the Atlanta airport to the Farm. No telling how much that would cost. But you could always take MARTA (the rail system) from the airport to a station closer to someone's house who might be willing to give you a ride to the DZ. Once you're at the DZ you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to give you a ride into town, sometimes they even load everyone into the short bus and go out for dinner!

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

If you're not careful, you may never leave. It is a great place.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)