Antigua

CarolinaFest 2010 - Skydive Carolina

Yup 12 days!!!!! Just saw on the Facebook page that Tony Suits will be going to CarolinaFest.... it looks like there will be something for everyone there!!!

With the organizers and vendors that are going, it will be a good time for everyone!

Also remember to register, early registration will close on May 24th.

Tomorrow is the last day to pre-register! We are only ONE WEEK AWAY!!!!
This is going to be fun! SkySystems is the final vendor to be joining us on vendor row......

If you'd like to pre-register, here's your link:

http://www.carolinafestboogie.com/carolinafestboogie.com/Registration.html
Don't Miss CarolinaFest 2012!
http://www.carolinafestboogie.com
May 29 - June 3, 2012

I'm here!!! Got in one jump from the PAC after I got here around 6:30ish. (Which was enough for me... came from Raeford after doing 2 1/2 hours plus in the tunnel). It was the last load of the day. Huge landing area. Awesome and friendly folks everywhere. Can't wait for people to start getting here! Will be doing the balloon Friday morning. 6:15 a.m. Ugh. No one told me how early it was... should have picked the PM jump.

Anyhow.... I'm here.......
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Here we are - two days thru, and despite long hours, we are all having a blast hosting this event! Seeing old faces and meeting new ones is always a pleasure but it’s the vibe that gets us all going. When two airplanes run concurrently and the march through the loading gates is a steady stream all day, you can’t help but get excited especially when it’s only Wednesday. Four great days are ahead and with it more great people and load organizers still yet to arrive.

Today saw life breathed into vendor row. What was an open field with white lines painted to indicate where everyone sets up has been replaced with a myriad of colors from the industry’s vendors. As Rob from Cypres put it...it feels like a small Skydive Expo with so many folks starting to pull in. Hearing the steady flapping of wind blades in the breeze, canopies opening and the constant drone of aircraft on jump run......we’re having fun!

Melanie Curtis (Ms. Melsinore) arrived this evening immediately sprinkling the DZ with her awesome vibes. It seems that she’s as excited about the event as the participants are which only gets everyone more pumped. Tomorrow morning will be an early start with the first balloon launch at 6:15am. The winds are calling for light and variable so I wouldn’t be surprised if everyone lands on the DZ. We’ll be bringing in Old Glory as well at around 7:30am (a new daily tradition for CarolinaFest) followed by free jumps (20 minute call at 7:40am).

So.......through two days.....we’ve had great weather, great vibes and some amazing skydives! Videos to come soon!

Incidentally, we've had a few calls from folks wondering if they should come out because they didn't pre-register.....roll out. After a pre-registration count of 150, we added additional staff and expect the PAC, Otter and Casa to all be flying real hard through the weekend. Come enjoy the good vibes and Southern hospitality!
May 29 - June 3, 2012

Should be there Thurs night. :)

Hey Bolas!!! I ducked out early tonight... will be back in the morning at 6:00 a.m. for balloon jumps and then a day of fun.

This is a great boogie. Where else can you jump for free?!! We waited a while for weather to break this morning, but when it did the dz came alive instantly and things really started rolling.

Vendor row is awesome. I ordered some custom pants from Tony Suits today. Yay!

Can't wait for balloon in the morning and Casa to arrive tomorrow...

Oh one more thing to add... the organizers at the boogie are freaking awesome!!!! You'd be crazy not to take advantage of getting on some organized loads.

Bolas - look for me and come say hi!!!!!

See you bright and early in the morning!!!!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

good times, I had to head to the hotel early tonight as I had some home work that had to be done, I'm caught up now and the rest of the weekend is mine. Met some really cool new people today and saw some old friends. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Day 3 in the books and what a great day today.....despite some low clouds that took much longer to clear than hoped - it couldn't have been better - as Kim said, the DZ roared to life when it was time to go and we didn't look back. I think the anticipation for the weekend is building as the first three days have been so much fun already. Amy Chmelecki and Justin Shorb are our most recent organizers to arrive this evening in prep for tomorrow. Chris Wagner arrives early in the morning to lead the RW contingent and Kirk Verner will be following on Saturday morning.
What makes the LO's so great is not just their individual skill levels, but their attitudes as people...these are all the best flyers with the best attitudes and the positivity is spreading like wildfire around the DZ.

Vendor row looks impressive with all currently present. PD orange is literally glowing from one end of the DZ to the next. It's fun to see so many people stopping by vendor row and either taking measurements or inquiring about gear.....Currently, PD, Mirage, Cypres, EG Sky, Cookie Composites, Sky Systems, Tony Suits, Hypoxic (with Trunk's very impressive 5th wheel) Pittz, Blue Skies Magazine, UPT Vector, Icarus, LiquidSky and VitaminWater are all on the row. VitaminWater has been an amazing beverage sponsor supplying complimentary drinks to everyone for the entire week - no one has gone thirsty!

This year we've decided to add a new tradition to this event which is bringing in the US flag each morning to the National Anthem....Gene Stuart brought it in this morning to great applause and he'll be opening the day again tomorrow morning at 7:30am.

Okay, it's been a long one but a great one and we're stoked for three more days of great fun!

To view pictures from Day 3, check out this link. Photos shot by Quincy Kennedy and flag photos shot by Jorge Alonso!
http://picasaweb.google.com/skydivecarolina/CarolinaFestDay3?authkey=Gv1sRgCOOI8N_istTNhwE#5478772044486618050
May 29 - June 3, 2012

Exciting times in Carolina,

Can you please send a shout out to Robin, Nadia, Pepe, Delphina (Go the Dolphins), Jerry, Connor( Pat Thomas who!) Amy, Nick and the rest of the vendors and crew!. Ask Bill from Skysystems to get his Banjo out!

Sorry I cannot be there to enjoy the festivities.

Cookie:)

Great weekend at CarolinaFest. New friends, old friends, Katana 135 demo, an awesome 4 point 10 way with Kirk Verner, got to jump with Amy Chmelecki, new EG freefly suit, won a certificate for money off a Bonehead helmet too. Great parties and vibe. 10 jumps total (2 free) but didn't get there until late Friday afternoon and none today.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

super weekend, 62 loads on Saturday, got back in my wingsuit again, great vendors, demo some new stuff, CASA, Otter, PAC, balloon & helicopter, new freefly State record, can't wait to see the final jump stats, NO injuries!!!
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.