skymama

Skydive Expo: March 11-14, 2010

For those of you who haven't read the article on the Home Page or aren't a fan on Facebook, here is a little info from the Skydive Expo website:

Skydive Expo is a 4-day educational showcase of the world’s leading skydiving equipment—in the world’s leading skydiving equipment center, DeLand, Florida.

From informational manufacturer booths to seminars on equipment maintenance, skydiving safety and the latest trends in gear to organized skydives demonstrating those principles, the Skydive Expo is serious about fun, safe skydiving.

The Expo
More than 30 of the top manufacturers will be set up in a series of booths within walking distance of the drop zone. They will have products on display and will be on hand to discuss their latest innovations and answer your questions.

The Seminars
There will be a series of scheduled seminars with speakers such as Bill Booth from UPT, John Le Blanc from PD, the PD Factory Team, freefly team Babylon, FS team Airspeed—to name but a few. Topics range from equipment maintenance, rigging, skydiving safety, legal issues in skydiving, new gear features, discipline-specific safety and more.

The Skydiving!
There will be free load organizing from the world’s best including Arizona Airspeed, Babylon, Ippo Fabbi, the PD Factory Team and more. They will be here to teach you—in the air and on the ground—the best ways to make the most of your skydives, in the safest possible ways. And, demo equipment will be available for you to try out.

For you, the skydiver
A raffle drawing with great prizes donated by manufacturers will be held every night of the Expo; make sure you’re there to win. Saturday night will end off with a great party hosted by Skydive DeLand and the Skydive Expo. Tours will be available at local manufacturers; details to follow.

I'm so excited that this will be in my backyard and am planning on attending. Who else is coming? It sounds like it will be a great weekend!

Pre-register here!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I am definetly going to be there.

I've had the chance to talk to some of the people who are organizing this event.

The Expo is really geared for the average skydiver who wants to get up close information on the multitude of products available in our sport. And make some great jumps at the same time.

And what better way to get the info than from the companies and people who actually make the product.

And, oh by the way, you can make jumps on those products with some of the best organizers in the world.

For those of us in the cold country this a perfect way to start the season.

Anyone else plan on going?
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Holy crap............

Have you guys seen the vendor list. I count 38 so far.

38 of the biggest vendors all in one spot for 4 days.

Plus I just looked at the seminar schedule. Even if the weather is full on crap, I'll be happy just attending all the seminars.

I really can't wait for this. This is what we've needed for a long time.

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap............

Have you guys seen the vendor list. I count 38 so far.

38 of the biggest vendors all in one spot for 4 days.

Plus I just looked at the seminar schedule. Even if the weather is full on crap, I'll be happy just attending all the seminars.

I really can't wait for this. This is what we've needed for a long time.

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

Whew. This is exactly the kind of response we hoped for! Updating the vendor list today - a few more big guns will be added ;) And, please note that the seminar schedule is highly fluid; I call it our great JellO jigsaw puzzle. The topics and speakers aren't likely to change, but times and slots will.

All of us on the organizing committee are really excited, so everyone come to DeLand and learn learn learn!!
Blue Skies Mag

Hi Olaf.

I saw your post about getting back into the sport.

I'm from Iowa so I feel your pain about the winter.

I'm the guy who runs the 4 way league competitions at Baldwin.

I'll be at the Expo helping out with load organizing and seminars. Look me up.

Sandy Grillet

Thanks I will. I saw some of the 4-w Competition But my focus were at my own training. Trying to get some coached jumps while I am there> My last jump was on Sept 30-09. Time will show. I am there soak up some equipment info as well. (shopping I guess).
Olaf
POPS # 10971

Man Small, Why Fall?
Skies Call. Thats All.

That sounds like a good plan. I can help you out with some of that stuff as well. I'll introduce you to some people.

Also if you're not sure where to stay, there are several skydivers in Deland who rent out rooms/ beds in their homes.

It's a lot cheaper than a motel and you'll cultivate new friends in the process.

One of them also does one on one coaching in the air and the tunnel.

Let me know if you need contact info for any of those bunk rooms.

We've got organizers for everyone as long as you're safe with at least 3 others in a group.

Don't hesitate to find me. Part of my responsibility is to help make sure everyone who wants to be organized, is assigned to an organizer.

That's what we're there for.

See you there.

I am all set to go Wed-Sat, borrow my cousins car since he will be in utah those days and lives semi close. What is there for sleeping, im only 23, I could even sleep in the car, is that allowed at the dz? Are there bunk houses, anyone looking for a roommate at a cheap local hotel, let me know, my AIM SN is rickt150 is anyone is.

There's a tiny bunkhouse at the dz that is really more like a shed. Some skydivers own homes around the area in which they rent rooms, you can call manifest and ask for their phone numbers. You can also camp at the dz if you have a tent. I don't know the official word on sleeping in your car, but I'm sure it's been done before!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Sandy & Andrea, you guys rock!

We have some changes, so everyone refresh those pages skymama posted if you check them. The biggest change is that the seminars will now be indoors - http://skydiveexpo.com/index.php/news/. There will be official bulletin boards - where we will post any changes, notices, etc. - on the Skydive DeLand creeper pad and in the Expo registration tent.

We can't wait to see everyone in DeLand!
Blue Skies Mag

Just gives us more time to go to the seminars. I've gone to 5 of them so far and have more planned for tomorrow if I won't be jumping. I've gotten so much out of them and visiting the vendor booths, this is the best $25 I've ever spent in the sport! B|

The seminars have been awesome, learned a ton, the expo hall has been amazing, done some great networking. As an ops manager at a DZ made some good connections as well, hope to make my DZ everything it needed last year this year. As for skydiving, pppppppppppppoooooooooooooooooooooooppppp, im leaving noon tomorrow, but I see as jump pilot weather wise good jumping from 730am start till 1130amish/noonish then the wind will get nasty, manifest said first call is 730am and i plan to be on it!! My names rick, im 23 and look like im 15 come find me for some low jump belly flying B|