ConfusedVorlon

Would you recommend Lodi for a first tandem jump?

I haven't been to lodi in about ten years, so I barely remember it. A friend of mine is considering doing his first tandem there.

What I do remember was really low prices, and an attitude that skydivers should be able to look after themselves. So no reserve checks, no logbook inspection, you decide if you are good to jump.

I love that. I believe that skydivers are safer and happier if they get used to the idea that they have to make their own safety calls.

I don't feel the same way about first tandems. The jumper isn't in a position to make an informed decision.

So I'd want a tandem instructor who was experienced, very careful, and thoroughly professional.

At other dropzones, I have seen casual, careless and inexperienced tandem masters. They'll be fine if nothing goes wrong - but we know there are a lot of ugly things that can go wrong fast on a tandem jump.

Can anyone comment on Lodi?

Expert consummate professionals - or do you get what you pay for? ($100 for a tandem)

Would you send your mother there for her first tandem jump?

thanks in advance.

They have very experienced and current tandem masters. The tandem gear consists of all Sigmas. It's a good place to take tandems.

I jump at various local dropzones and would not hesitate to take a first timer there.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Hi,

Lodi is a great place to do a first jump, you can do 2 for the same price as a jump at any of the neighboring DZ's.

or you can get a jump, dvd, photos, tshirt and unch for less than the price of a jump at any of the neighboring DZ's.

Also the reserve packer there is the most meticulous I have ever witnessed.

request Dan!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Hello

I train students privately at Lodi. My program isn't associated with the drop zone program, and I do not work for the drop zone. If you would like to have your friend do a tandem with alot more personal attention then any drop zone program, please feel free to contact me from a link below. I have plenty of experience with other drop zones and jumpers in the area, and can give you unbias answers to any of your questions.

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

For the record in case future people come to this thread, two people contacted me privately with concerns about Lodi as a tandem location so the responses were not all positive.

There are alot of people that will bag Lodi when it is envy that drives than to do so.

Please consider carefully the conversations that have been archived here, and take into consideration that the Parachute center (lodi) has been in operation for 45 years.

They are very inexpensive (not cheap but inexpensive) and there are many (competeing) people and dropzones in the area that would like to see it closed.

Lodi is not about making the most money out of each customer, it is about allowing as many people as possible to experience skydiving for as little money as possible.

Remember, they 'could' charge almost twice as much and still be the least expensive...

I have been told the price has not changed in 20 years, can anybody confirm that?

it is however the least expensve DZ in the world...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I was a Bill Duase DZ customer at Pope Valley back in the day and later at Lodi. I still jump at Lodi once in a while.

Bill has been a saint about keeping money in jumpers pockets rather than hogging it all for himself. Because of that generous attitude I have sent many tandem and solo students his way. They all made safe fun jumps. I wouldnt hesitate to send someone to Lodi for their first tandem based on what I know.

I am not tandem qualified so if you are hearing credible cautions about Lodi from people with better qualifications heed them, but look at motives too.

How many DZO's are as generous in pricing as Bill Dause? His jump prices are insanely low and always have been. That generosity should be rewarded by referrals as long as he runs a safe operation. That's the way I see it.\

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.