LuckyMcSwervy

2010 Puerto Rico Boogie

I am 53 days and 21 hours away from arriving in Puerto Freako Rico... but who is counting??

Who else is going to the boogie?? I'll be there from 02-05-2010 through 02-20-2010. Woohoo!!

Let's start the list!!

Lucky McSwervy (Karen)

I was there for a lengthy stay over the boogie last year and it was almost too much for me. I eat pretty balanced/homecooked/organic meals and showing up there eating all the pork fat and grease for 10 days was just too much for me! Make sure you bring some pepto!!

Going back again this year, but just for the week this time. Can't wait for beach sunset jumps!! B|
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

AgentLead
Harmless
IMGR2
LuckyMcSwervy
LyraM45
The111
Merino007

By default if I am there, The111 will be there. :PB| But I will add this-- we are not 100% certain yet as I am about to transfer out to Cali for a new job and he'll follow me in a few months, so we'll have to see when our move is. Hopefully it doesn't interfere with PR!!

I've been thinking about coming out to the boogie. Just curious about a couple things since I have never been to Puerto Rico. Lodging? Any reccomendations? I dont need all the extras, a place to sleep and recover will do. There was camping on the website's lodging ideas, is that a crazy idea? How do you get to the dz? I appreciate anyones help. Thanks

AMY!!!! I am SO glad your gonna be there. The week before the boogie I am gonna be on a cruise out of San Juan for 7 days, getting married in the middle on the island of St Croix. Can't wait for you to meet her.
We will be back from the cruise friday night. Meet you somewhere with the new wife for cocktails...

I've been thinking about coming out to the boogie. Just curious about a couple things since I have never been to Puerto Rico. Lodging? Any reccomendations? I dont need all the extras, a place to sleep and recover will do. There was camping on the website's lodging ideas, is that a crazy idea? How do you get to the dz? I appreciate anyones help. Thanks

My wife and I went last year, several decent motels around the area - check the website - they always have some point-outs to good deals. The DZ is 45 mins to 1 hour drive from San Juan so you'll need to bum a ride or rent a car.

This is so cool. I shot a tandem video this weekend in San Marcos Texas of a really cool dude from PR. He said if I am ever in PR that he would hook me up.
I said " a matter of fact I am gonna be there in Feb, its possible I may need a ride or a place to stay." lol He said no problem.

Kinda neat the people you meet while working in skydiving.
I have traveled the North America, Europe and South America and have always had a friend somewhere. I love this sport!!!
Australia, see ya soon... hehe

Yea, check the website. The hotels they list are all pretty good. We stayed at the Punta Maracaya last year for a few of the nights and that seemed to be where the party was every night. The bar area was nice. I don't know about camping there. I don't think that is available at the airport, but you can check local places.

We stayed at the Punta Maracaya last year for a few of the nights and that seemed to be where the party was every night. The bar area was nice. I don't know about camping there. I don't think that is available at the airport, but you can check local places.

I stayed at the Punta Maracayo last year, too. It was pretty nice and I would stay there again if I had to. I rented a house on the beach this year. B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

Oh no!!! Scratch me from the list. I just got my firm job offer and move date and I am moving from Houston to San Fran the week before the boogie and then scheduled for training through the next four weeks after I get there. I am so sad!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(

You guys all enjoy, though! Drink lots of medalla for me!!! ;)

first year i stayed at the rosa del mar (maybe casa del mar? 20 mins from dz) it was nice...clean..pool on the roof..didnt bother us at all really and let us party...

second year was the villa real which is 5 mins from the dz...it was awesome as we had the whole top floor booked and it was just a constant party there at night..noone from the hotel gave a shit about the retarded noise coming from upstairs...the hotel was not as nice as the rosa del mar tho...

third year i went back to the villa real and they had me booked with my at the time girlfriend in the basement room with no windows and big ass roaches everywhere...we left and stayed with a friend at his beach house which ROCKED...

this year im staying at a friends house in pr....

regardless, if you have never been to the boogie, from a man who goes to a lot of boogies himself, i highly recommend this one and its the one constant that i have not missed since i started attending..

cant wait to see everyone and relive the dream one more time..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

basement room with no windows and big ass roaches everywhere......

:D:D:D I ended up staying there with friends a couple of nights during the boogie when I couldn't drive.
They had one of the basement rooms and it was dark and quiet. I actually loved sleeping until 11am with
no sunlight waking my hungover ass up. But the roosters were another story. :|

And roaches?? OMG. So happy I didn't see any down there... and the guys never mentioned seeing them either. :o

A couple of the guys are staying there this year again. And had I not rented a beach house I would've stayed there
because it is so close to the DZ. One glimpse of a roach I would've freaked the fuck out and split though.... to where,
I haven't a clue!! :D

Uh oh... just thought of something. I really like the restaurant at the front of the hotel... now I'm gonna be thinking about
roaches when I go there again... YIKES!!

Oh no!!! Scratch me from the list. I just got my firm job offer and move date and I am moving from Houston to San Fran the week before the boogie and then scheduled for training through the next four weeks after I get there. I am so sad!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(

You guys all enjoy, though! Drink lots of medalla for me!!! ;)

Oh no!! Sucks you won't be able to make it but a big congratulations on the new job!!! I will definetely drink a few in your honor. ;)