Dopey

Final Note about Thai Sky Festival 2010

Posted 3 December 2009

Dear Friends,

It is with great regret that we announce there will be no Thai Sky Festival in March of 2010.

We have pursued every avenue. Although we do not claim to understand all the inner workings of the Royal Thai Air Force, our best understanding is that they cannot support any civilian skydiving event in 2010 due to lack of aircraft availability. The RTAF has a dozen Hercules C-130s and, at this time, seven are in the process of maintenance and refitting. It does make sense to us that the RTAF is reluctant to authorize any but the most essential military missions for the remaining five.
While we are extremely disappointed (sob!), we respect the Royal Thai Air Force's decision and attention to the priorities of the Kingdom of Thailand. We are also deeply appreciative of the support we have received from the Hercules, BT, and Huey pilots, and all our good friends in Thailand.

We intend to pursue our request for Thai Sky Festival 2011, as it is our hope and belief that this situation is temporary. As always, we will post any news on this web-site.

In the meantime, please keep the peace and health of His Majesty, the King of Thailand, in your thoughts, wishes, and prayers.

Thank you for your patience and support,
BJ, Larry, and Bobbie
Thai Sky Festival Organizers
www.thaiskyfestival.com
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

KARMA BITES YOU IN THE ASS.

Here is how it goes. Last year the wifffee and I made our last squibb-idgit. Born right smack dab in the middle of March. My superior male negotiating skills were put to the test with the female part of the equation. I upped the anti of a teleconference from Thailand to a live video feed through Skype. Alas I lost the argument and we both gave birth together :)

This year, I thought I was so smart. I lined it up so that her, both children and her mother rented a condo for 3 weeks in March. While I was away skydiving in Thailand, she would be enjoying the warm sun and doing all the stupid little shopping things that mothers & daughters do. It was perfect.... then the sad news came yesterday.

So here I sit. No massively awesome skydiving Herc boogie to go to and no other trips planned for the -30 winter in Canada. Looks like I'll be spending a few weeks in Arizona, in a condo, with the kids, and wife and the mother-in law. Damn karma.