ntrprnr

Z-Hills Xmas Boogie

Now don't go polluting the Z-hills thread like that!
In the Z-hills, Skydive City Christmas Boogie thread, Z-hills is the better place.
Now run along and go play in that other thread.
:)
Z-hills has the best sunsets!
Better bar, bigger bonfire, THREE OTTERS, LOTS of organizers, The Finnish Invasion, The Germans are coming!!!, Guy Wright organizing 16 ways, fireworks!!! (anybody have an ATF license???), live band, night jumps, hopefully more drunken dodge ball too!

just so long as we don't have any drunk, nekkid Finns falling off the pirate ship and getting hurt again.
Arrrrrrrrr B|

Pirate Day is always December 31st.

Everyone is asking what will be going on NY Eve.
Hopefully less than last year. ;)

we were in sebastian last year for new years so thought we would come play in zhills for new years this time.....i believe i heard a car was lit on fire last year :D:D:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

.i believe i heard a car was lit on fire last year

That was an accident and not a regular feature.

The fireworks caught it on fire. The fire marshall made
a big deal about it because of his personal conflicts.

NY eve has always been a fun event.

My estimate - 500+ people on the beer line watching
midnight jumps.

Christmas Boogie Schedule
Dec 19-Jan 3

It will be a great Boogie and we expect 1000 people again this year. Manufacturers/demos will be here and hopefully a few days with the Alhouette helicopter!

* Markku & the Fins arrive December 26
* Load Organizing for all disciplines and all levels.
* Skydive Salgau & the first wave of Germans arrive.
* 26-31 Wing Suit Schools (Check web calendar for dates.....)
* 26 - Night Jump Camp with TK Hayes, 2 Night Jumps - get your D license requirements completed. Sign up in advance for the training Camp and briefing [email protected]
* 27 - Sunday Morning High Altitude Load(s). B License required, and pre-manifesting is a must. Call Manifest 813-783-9399 to buy your ticket and manifest in advance.
* 26-28 - Guy Wright Organizing 16-Ways and better. This is not a camp. For invites and such, email [email protected]
* 31 - New Year's Eve Party and Music with the Hi-Fi Relics through to the wee hours...... Pirate Day Celebrations, and a great bash to wrap up 2009 and ring in the New Year
* Jan 2 - Night Jumps, jump ticket and $5 covers your glow sticks, strobes, etc.
* Jan 3 - High Altitude load Sunday morning, pre-manifest required.

Let us know if you need any assistance in any way!
Happy and safe Holidays to everyone.

Ok. I am ditching Sebastian.

I will be in ZHills from the 29th - 2nd or 3rd.

I am manifested for night jumps (thanks Mark for the info and TK for taking care of me this afternoon).

I am in for a dizzydotcom jump... but I am a belly girl... though I can fall unstable and on my head and call it freefly! But bring on some RW - the bigger the better! ;)

Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Ill be there!! Dec26-Jan1 :)

I'm nervous about how many people will be there. My biggest boogie was Lost Prairie's 40th year. Totally getting nervous about a new dz and loads of people.

ETA: But I'm super excited to meet lots of new people!

Ill be there!! Dec26-Jan1 :)

I'm nervous about how many people will be there. My biggest boogie was Lost Prairie's 40th year. Totally getting nervous about a new dz and loads of people.

ETA: But I'm super excited to meet lots of new people!

You'll be fine at ZHills. The pattern discipline is much better than Prairie! Landing area is large and there are good outs on the airport property.

Plus, more organizers than you'll know what to do with.

I really need to stop reading this thread because it's making me sad that I won't be at the Hills this year. :( (Though I am looking forward to a quickie trip to Eloy which is all that's in the vacation budget this year).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

For new people - there is a huge main landing area.

You do not have to land right in front.
As a friend once told me, "It is better to walk a long way
than to get carried a short way."
There is plenty of room, so use it.

Also, that is just the MLA. There is an easy alternate just
across the taxiway, as well as along the runway.

If you need to land off, there is usually someone to
come get you. Land safely first.

If you need to land off, there is usually someone to
come get you. Land safely first.

Is there a shuttle for the landing area too? If I'm remembering correctly from last time I was there, even landing on the far end of the main landing area can seem like a loong walk. Then again, maybe I'm just "spoiled" with having a small landing area at home and I'm being lazy. ;)