NicolaSherrill

Places to sport jump in New Zealand...

Will you be on the north or south island or both?

North island we jumped at Matamata and found a greeat group of folks our personal fave.. Also jumped north of Auckland with a good bunch, forget the DZ name.

South Island was a little more tourist/tandem oriented. We jumped at Lake Wanaka-- not to be missed if possible but is mainly tandems. We jumped at the DZ in Christchurch--amazing ---airport is surrounded by civilization-unusual for a DZ make at least one jump there, not sure how they feel about low jump numbers. the glacier jumps are another can't miss on the south island. Good onya have a ball!
A mile of highway can take you a mile
But a mile of Runway can take you anywhere!

Blue Sky Traveler

We jumped at the DZ in Christchurch--amazing ---airport is surrounded by civilization-unusual for a DZ make at least one jump there,

That one closed last February and moved out to join NZ skydive school at Pudding Hill near Methven (1 hour from Christchurch)

Pudding Hill is great. Runs along the edge of the alps, great scenery and people and jump from a Cessna Caravan.
Ian Purvis
http://www.loadupsoftware.com
LoadUp DZ Management App
[email protected]

I was there in 2005 for only two weeks so my experience is somewhat limited. I made my first stop in Mercer and made a few fun jumps. The scenery and DZ were nice but the crowd was not too friendly. They seemed a bit snobbish and did not want to jump with an American.

Next stop was Taupo which is a mega tandem factory. They were cool but you will jump by yourself,

Abel Tazman was the best! Beautiful scenery and fun jump friendly. I did several loads there and had a great time.

Christchurch was my last stop before going to Australia but did not jump due to weather so I can't really say.

Motueka (Abel Tasman) was the most positive experience I had.
Onward and Upward!

Yeah, get to Abel Tasman. Ge on FB and look for Lisa Chambers.
She will look after you.
One of the only BIG sports dz's left really.
Taupo has some awesome jumpers but it is a mega tandem factory meanign they are all working all day long.
Abel Tasman has a great bunch there at the moment.

Let me know if you can take a extra rig with you.

Also, Scott Palmer will be in NZ during the same time and there is a speed boogie going on.

Pretty sure you would know Plamer, you woulda met him at summerfest.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Hey Nicola,come jump with me and the crew at 0800skydive which is located in the hawkes bay north island,or masterton 1hr north of wellington our other dz,we are a sport friendly dz and always accomidating for visitors,had two americans from skydive the ranch stop by the other day and we managed a sweet 5 way hybrid,If your looking for somewhere to jump at christmas time skydive able tasman is having a small boogie that i'll be attending,all the best andrew