eightate8at8

Looking to make a group winter trip -- Midwest

In short I was looking to find a group of people that want to head somewhere for a week or so this winter?

I'm a student at the University of Iowa and have break from Dec 19-Jan19th, and I'd really like to get to some warmth this winter.

As to where in mind, I really didn't have any set plans; I'm open. I'm assuming most suggestions would be Zhills, Eloy, maybe some of the others in cali or texas..

I'm a college student so yes I'm broke. That means I probably won't be paying to stay in a 4 star hotel, instead I'll be camping or taking up the cheap shacks/campers at the dz's; however I'm sure many feel this way as a jump ticket is better than a puffed pillow!

My assumption of where to fly out of would be either Des Moines as I'm in Iowa, or anywhere in northern Illinois such as Midway, O'Hare, etc.. as my hometown is in that region.

So reply if you're interested or have any suggestions!

-Mark

You can always go to collegiates. Try and connect with some folks from KSUPC. The K-State folks are pretty active. Deland has a couple of cheap options.
One of the coach/insturctors from Skydive University rents bunks in his house. The holiday inn express has rooms for $59.00 a night and there is camping on the DZ.

If you want something cheap before then, we have a climbing trip to Arkansas the middle weekend in Nov. KU, UCM, KSU, MU, SFCC, MSU all have students going-many of them jumpers. $85.00 all inclusive for the weekend, lodging, food, gear, climbing fees. There are 4 slots left. Will be around 70-75 of us total.
"You can't teach what you don't know and you can't lead where you won't go"

Eh, I think I'm really going to focus on the skydiving trip before anything else. Just because of the money I'd like to save for it..

I don't really want to head to collegiates alone, I don't have faith that I'd fine anyone to jump with. Is it alot of just fun jumping aside from competition?

Are you suggesting Deland? Or anywhere in Florida vs Arizona or Texas or Cali?

If your trip south doesn't work out then you should join our group to the Colorado Tunnel in February.

We go every year. Usually buy 20-24 hours of time. we car pool out from various cities ( IA City, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines)

Leave on Friday morning and come home Sunday night.

Also with the weather the way it is now, if you don't want to drive all the way to Hinkley (with the chance of bad weather) then come on out to Skydive Iowa and check us out. Brooklyn is 40 minutes west of Iowa City on I-80.

We also have several people planning on a winter jumping trip.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

That tunnel time in February sounds awesome, and the fact that you squeeze it into a weekend is even better. How much does it usually come out to cost per person?

Get in touch with the people you know and we'll see if we can get something planned? I'm down for anything; and anytime in January 1-19 is a great time. Arizona, Zhills, Sebastian, Houston, wherever! As long as I'm able to meet up with a few people I'm down to buy my plane ticket tomorrow!

If you send me your email address I'll put you on my list so you'll be up to date on the trips I organize.

I usually do at least one tunnel trip each year (this year I did two).

They are always maxed out within about two weeks of announcing them.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

I'm over in central southern wi. (Janesville) and have heard rumors of either CSC or SC signing up groups to load up an otter full of people and fly south for boogies or just group fun. I'm not sure if it's true or not. I don't have the time to take off of work or I would have looked further into it.