legalize1966

Grab your Photo ID!

The C130 jumps are in connection with trying to fulfill Ft. Knox's C130 training requirements, while supporting the troops. The C130 is to have so much flight time with additional training in dropping airborne personnel. Additionally, the Ft. Knox parachuting group has put together a program that by allowing civilian skydivers to pay for membership to the group combined with outside donations it allows the group to give back to the troops by providing the opportunity for free tandem jumps as a thank you for their service.

It is foreseen at this time fairly routinely possibly couple times or more a year, but no exact schedule has been determined. However, this is also a case of the right people at the right time, so if any one person changes in the chain of personnel arranging these jumps or if during a jump someone affiliated with the group performs an unsafe, "stupid" or "bad press" this could end quickly. :S

Just an FYI, there were a few people that got up last week..only 7,500' due to the low ceiling, but I was told it was awesome exit feeling like no other.;)

I know the above is a little vague, but hopefully it shed some light to what the intentions are.

Thanks Kay! That explains it very nicely!

Hope to see you out there on the 18th!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Thanks for all the info. I can't make the month but hopefully I will next time. I can remember standing on the ramp of a C-130 with two rounds on and a static line in my hand thinking "what a waste this is" It was fun but not the same kind of fun that skydiving is!

thanks,
Cael

Well apparently one asshole screwed it up for everyone else. The rescheduled C-130 jumps were canceled and they're not sure when/if they can do them again.>:(>:(>:(

Edit: I don't know the person's name who screwed it all up.

Do you know what they did?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Well apparently one asshole screwed it up for everyone else. The rescheduled C-130 jumps were canceled and they're not sure when/if they can do them again.>:(>:(>:(

Edit: I don't know the person's name who screwed it all up.

Do you have any more info? I know they won't give refunds because it was a "donation". But I have to say it doesn't seem right.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696

From what I gathered when talking with the DZ, someone couldn't make it to the rescheduled jumps so they wanted a refund. They said that they paid for 3 jumps that weren't going to be completed and wanted a refund. The money paid was actually a donation to the club and by doing so it just gave people the opportunity to jump from a C-130. I guess the person then complained to the JAG (Judge Advocate General). The JAG didn't find problem with how the club was handling things. However, since there's still a complaint with the JAG there can't be C-130 jumps till it all gets resolved. That's all I know.

I'm just relaying what I heard. If anyone has any additions or corrections, please feel free to post it.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

So C130 jumps are being held up because one person wants $30? :o

Can we just call the DZ and give them the $30 to give to this person to make this person go away? :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Whoever it is I formally nominate them for douchebag of the year! Can I get a second?

You gave $30 dollars to fund jumps for some young VETERANS returning from the sandbox and now you want it back? WTF?

ATW,
CK

Anyone have the list of people scheduled to do the last jump? :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Whoever it is I formally nominate them for douchebag of the year! Can I get a second?

You gave $30 dollars to fund jumps for some young VETERANS returning from the sandbox and now you want it back? WTF?

ATW,
CK

Nope! I am disappointed for sure.

What I am curious about is if we all paid our $30 and the jumps are canceled (meaning our veterans and soldiers who we were funding don't get to jump either) what is it that our money is going towards? :|

Just curious.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696

ATW,
CK

Nope! I am disappointed for sure.

What I am curious about is if we all paid our $30 and the jumps are canceled (meaning our veterans and soldiers who we were funding don't get to jump either) what is it that our money is going towards? :|

Just curious.

From what I understood when I registered, the money was to go to help fund skydives for returning soldiers as a way to say thanks for their efforts. The jumps essentially were free since the military was going to use the flights as training/qualification for the pilots in deploying jumpers.

I would guess that the money will still go towards jumps for returning military but just be done at the DZ. I'm just guessing on this and could be way off.

The ray of hope in all this is that everyone who registered will be given first chance at C-130 jumps in the future if they ever actually happen.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

That's my understanding too, Kyle. The C130 jumps were free to upjumpers via military training flights. The $30 was a mandatory donation to a scholarship fund for returning veterans to be used at a later date. The donations to the fund to benifit veterans helped pave the way for signatures in the airfoce brass to make the "free" C130 jumps possible.

My one question- did this jackass actually think 3 C130 jumps had a total face-value of $30? I mean, seriously?!?!!?!?
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251