CSpenceFLY

Georgia State Formation Skydiving Record:March 18th-21st:Fitzgerald,Ga.

This is to announce that an attempt will be made for a new formation skydiving record in March. The attempt will be hosted by RoamingDZ.com at the 7th annual St.Patricks Celebration Boogie. The current recognized record is 64 and has stood since 1997. We are planning a 66 way.

This is not the boogie thread.Please don't treat it as so. The offical thread will be posted next month.

If you are interested in a slot on the record attempt and believe you are qualified,please contact Fortson Rumble at:

[email protected] or:
mirage62 here on DZ.com

If you have questions I'm sure myself or Fortson can answer them here.

Aircraft for this event being supplied by Skydive the Farm and Skydive Spaceland.

Yep, but did we mention the Ga Pop's record on Sunday? :P

It won't be near as crowded as the Fla record!

All joking aside Tim and Chris did everything they could to avoid the same dates. The Fla record is ALWAYS fun but we will have a good safe time to.

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Yep, but did we mention the Ga Pop's record on Sunday? :P

It won't be near as crowded as the Fla record!

Hmmm... I have nowhere near the currency needed for the 66 way, but the Pops, yeah I could do it. Now if I can just fill out the membership form and send it in.... I've had 26 months to do it. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The record jumps will start early in the morning....the muff brothers will still be asleep :P

Anyone who signs up will need to be ready to jump at 8:30 Friday and 9:00 Saturday. Our goal will be to get the record safely and as fast as possible. There will be plenty of lifts between our attempts!

Close to 30 confirmed, if your interested please drop me a line.

Skymama asked me to repost this as it got deleted when she was "cleaning up" some post on this thread. I have no idea what she needed to clean up but from what I hear we don't want to piss her off. ;)

FYI worth, close to 50 on the list now. Offical invites will go out shortly.

Hey all,

Some more details for the record. first we are past well past 40 so far. I have to say I am surprised at the numbers coming in. All of the below is subject to change but as of now.

For the record attempt it's $20 registration fee and a $3.00 add on to a regular lift ticket. For these that are there on Thursday we will warm up. The event starts at READY to jump (tickets in hand jump suit on walking to your slot) 8:30 Friday morning. We will jump Friday and Saturday or until we get the record. AFTER the record for these that are interested we will do competition 20 ways with video.

Please keep in mind that this is a record attempt. It you sign up and get a slot your with the group until Saturday afternoon, unless you get cut.....and if you do I'll bring you a beer later!

This is shaping up nicely.

Although jumpers from many other states will be on this record I really would hate to not have a slot for a qualified Georgia skydiver. If your waiting to apply (and your from Georgia) please drop me a note. I know it's a long time out.

Also, I've had several people think that you had to go to a "camp" to get a slot. THAT's not true at all! If you aren't known to any either Fortson, Jack or Chris or someone that we know and trust very well than someone we have jumped with might get the slot. Believe me these camps are not money makers, they are for people to get seen - and hopefully have some fun.

Stay safe everyone!

I'll let Fortson take that one. Warm ups on Thurs.,Attempts on Friday with hopes of a record on Fri.We don't want to keep everyone tied up for the whole boogie.

hmmmmm quite interesting.... weekday attempts with a registration.... going to be a busy 3 months, guess I better start promoting eh?;)

emailed fortson already, whoohoo!

It looks like we are going to pull of three more camps between now and the event. One each at Skydive Atlanta,Skydive the Farm and Skydive Monroe. At least on of those may end up being formation loads. Dates will be posted here and at RoamingDZ.com under the boogie thread.

Update and info on the Georgia State record event.

There seems to be some confusion out there about the talent and scope of the attempt so I thought I would update and post a few thoughts.

· You do NOT have to be a Georgia resident to be on the event. The idea is nice but let’s face it folks almost NO state record is made up of residents only. I don’t believe there are 66 active jumpers in Georgia

· Invitations have not gone out. Yes, there are people who know they will get a slot. There are currently 6 or more world record holders on the list…they will get a slot and they know it.

· The skill level just won’t be there. Perhaps this is because of the POP’s conflict or the camps that some of the low timers have gone to. What I can say is this is a record event. If someone isn’t cutting it they will be asked to sit down. There will be some low timers that get a chance. They have proven they are worth the chance – we all started somewhere. BUT the average number of jumps is well over 2,000. We have several world record holders on the jump, Kaleidoscope participates, no it isn’t the 400 way, it’s a 66 way state record that we want to set and I believe it will be!!

· You have to do a camp to get on the event NOPE NADA NOWAY but if none of the plane captains know you or will endorse you - strongly- it’s going to be harder to get a slot because we have a lot of people that have these endorsements.

· AND MY FAVORITE ONE It’s full. NOPE NADA. It will fill up. We have close to 60 on the list currently but that doesn’t mean these 60 have slots. We haven’t even announced the other plane captain – but you’ll love the one we are lining up. There are plenty of slots left.

Speaking of which. If your interested in a slot please send me the following and I’ll get back in touch with you:

Name
Number of jumps
Largest completed formation
Number of jumps in the last 6 month

I hope the above clears up some of the confusion. Please feel free to PM me or contact me with any questions at [email protected] I’ll be more than glad to help.

Be safe!

Thought that it might be a good time to announce the plane captains for the record. These guys are making my life a lot easier. They all have tons of experience and each will be helping their plane to be the best possible.

Jack Donovan – Lead Plane
+2,800 jumps
25 years jumping
+250 One hundred way formation jumps
400 way World record holder

Scott Franklin – Right Trail
+ 4,000 jumps
19 years jumping
3 World records 300/357/CRW
National four way competitor

Jonathon Perl – Left Trail
+ 3,300 jumps
25 years jumping
4 World records 246/300/357/400

Video team:

Bill Knowles
Landon Bryan

If you interested in a slot please contact me at [email protected] The formation has been designed and we are starting to slot people that have shown the desire and talent to be on this. More details to follow.

OK so my joke was not taken well...thankfully you understood the jest about being in charge.

I know the FL POPS is taking some of our talent. Do you need us to reach out to some friends close by?

That said I still did mean it about the first beer being on me and is there anything anyone can do to help out? Do you need paperwork done? List compiled? I'm off until Jan 7 so shout out.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I think that there are some people that are concerned about the Fla Pop's robbing the talent down so let me address this.

I'd guess that the POP's record has about 10 folks that would have come to this- at the most.

I know that we picked up 4 that would have gone to POP's. So that's a net -6 lost to POP's

We have a LOT more very capable under the age of 40 people on the list than 6.

I've done the POP's record for years and hate that the dates fell together but I promise you that if the GSR doesn't make OR the POP's record it won't be because the conflict on the dates.

Jump numbers is a terrible way to look at things but FWIW the average number of jumps on the consideration list is way over 2,000.

Personally I'm pulling for both groups to be safe and get the records.

Fortson

Put me on the base for the pops loads, provided I get the membership form filled out and sent. Been dragging my lazy ass on that for more than 2 years. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

are you guys doing POPS jumps at Fitzgerald too, in addition to the state record? Or did Billy lose something in translation? I'm confused. :S:P

I'm not doing the big ways. I have nowhere near the currency to even ask for a slot on that. The POPS is doable though.