CSpenceFLY

Georgia State Formation Skydiving Record:March 18th-21st:Fitzgerald,Ga.

Final post before the event! Everyone is slotted and we have an excellent team. We have good bench. The plane captains have been in touch with everyone from their planes. We are doing everything that we can to make this event as safe, successful and fun as possible. Please keep the following in mind:

1 Have your waiver filled out before you arrive if at all possible

2 If you hope to be on the POP’s record have your POP’s number WITH YOU

3 This is a cash boogie. Regular jump tickets are $25. Record tickets at $28. We hope to do at least 4 jumps Friday and 5 Saturday. You will receive a full refund for any tickets not used.

4 PLEASE review your position in the formation, be able to walk to it at the start of the dirt dive. I am B04 and will be looking up the line of flight. I will be in a white suit with a white helmet (yes, a big old marshmallow). If you can’t find me in the base you have a problem.

5 If you won’t be able to make the THURSDAY 6:00 briefing and dirt dive, please e-mail me. ONLY e-mail me if you won’t make it. If you have a travel delay please call me 229-224-0557

6 If you aren’t going to make the THURSDAY at 6:00 meeting plan on being at the dz in jump suit at 7:45 to meet with your plane captain for briefing.

7 Bring your weights, alternate jump suits, baggy shirt whatever you think you need. This will be fast falling but bring all your tools. I expect the problem will be people floating not falling out though.

8 If you want a tee shirt you have to order it nlt than Friday 12th

Have a safe trip to the boogie

Fortson CCH
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

If any of the participants want to see the 1997 state record video, I'll bring the DVD along. Hopefully I can get there sometime Friday evening, not too late... :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm posting this to first thank everyone for being safe. No injuries other than a hang over or two. Good Job. Safety was our number one goal.

Our second was get the record and we fell just short of that. The reports I am getting is 63 out of 66. I believe if the weather had been just a little kinder on Thursday we would have had this. The last two jumpes were both 2-3 people out I believe.

My unexpected departure Thursday afternoon put a lot of unplanned strain on the plane captains and they stepped right up (with others) and I don't believe my departure hurt at all.

Jack Donovan, Jonathan Perl, Scott Franklin and Jim Graham thank you for completing what I started-you guys are a class act.

For the rest of the team thank you for coming. I hope to one day have a chance to jump with all of you, blue sky's!

Fortson

Sorry I missed meeting you. Hope that whatever happened is okay now. What I was told was one jumper went low on the next to last attempt so 65 of 66 got in, and on the last attempt, the final wacker did not get in. Every time on Saturday when the jumpers exited, I kept losing the formation in the sky until just before breakoff, but the last one looked really good, except for the lone wacker.

I gave a copy of the 1997 64 way state record video to Scott Franklin. I just wished I could have been there earlier to let the participants watch it for inspiration, but at least he'll have it for next time.

I can't believe we've had 4 GSR events since the 64 way record and none have succeeded. Hopefully the 5th time will be the charm. I remember Sandy Wambach coming back to Monroe in the fall of 1997 for 80 ways that were completely rained out, and again in May 1998 for 100 ways (we got off a few attempts before being rained out again). ASC tried to put on a record attempt several years ago that did not draw enough jumpers.

Hopefully I can get a little more current and get back into the flow again and help get the next one.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

in May 1998 for 100 ways (we got off a few attempts before being rained out again). ASC tried to put on a record attempt several years ago that did not draw enough jumpers.

At Monroe, I remember being weathered out and they
finally sent the base up for a get-to-know-you jump.
We were standing outside the hangar and I saw them exit.
"Is there another dz nearby?"
"No, why?"
"The base just exited a mile away."

(The cameraman had leaned out to check for overcast, stood up and nodded the ok. People took it
as an exit signal and ran out.) :D

On the later attempt, there were around 80 people
committed, but two days before the event, the
weather forecast was for lots of rain. That is why only
36 showed up on Saturday.
(Perfect weather on Saturday, did 6 jumps.:S Crap on Sunday).

On the second to last jump it was indeed only one person that went low, but he was the connector for two or three other outside wackers. So the wackers were linked with each other, but not linked with the rest of the formation. It might be more accurate to say we were one grip short of the record.

I had a great time and learned a TON. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work! There's no doubt in my mind we'll nail it next year if we get the opportunity to attempt again.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Forston,
Thank YOU for getting this off the ground so to speak.

My condolences for your family and everybody knows you did the right thing. You did get a very big standing ovation at the end.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Forston,
Thank YOU for getting this off the ground so to speak.

My condolences for your family and everybody knows you did the right thing. You did get a very big standing ovation at the end.

+1
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Hi Folks..
I got back tp the Great Wet North. Worst rain and fog I have ever driven through (12 states worth). I went to the web site at www.iwanvanderschoor.com to check on photos of the attempts. Nothing there. Anybody got any info?

Doogie
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.

Hi Folks..
I got back tp the Great Wet North. Worst rain and fog I have ever driven through (12 states worth). I went to the web site at www.iwanvanderschoor.com to check on photos of the attempts. Nothing there. Anybody got any info?

Doogie

Doogie, if you go back now, there are pictures galore!

http://www.iwanvanderschoor.com/

Hey all,

For these of you that requested a DVD of the event, they are in the mail. I believe you will really like the work that Bill Knowles and the other video folks put into it.

The DVD turned out to be an add on to the event, so next time you see Bill by him a beer.

They are being mailed out as cheap as possible so give it a couple days. If you didn't sign up (addresses) you won't get one but if you'll let me know I'll make a couple extra and give them to you next time we jump together!

For these jumping with the group at the Farm on the 29th get ready for some GOOD jumps and good times

Fortson