NaughtyMagpie

Jumper Moving from UK To Canada (BC)

Hi there, this is a hello and also a request for advice!

I'm emigrating to British Columbia early next year (~March) from the UK. I've currently got about 50 jumps & B licence but hope to have 75-80 by the time I leave, along with FS1 & FF1.

The plan is to just get a flight and stay with my younger brother, I think he lives near Abbotsford, and get a job of sorts & skydive lots, in fact if I could set up my tent & pack & jump on a DZ, that would be heaven. ;)

Can any of you recommend any good places to go skydiving in B.C/Canada.

It's a permanent emigration as I've got dual nationality (UK/Can) so I do want to do a bit of travelling before putting some roots down somewhere. I've had my own business in the UK since I was 19, I'm 27 now, so I'm looking to have some fun for a bit as the business is kinda dwindling away to nothing.

I was planning on moving to Corner Brook in Newfie last April 2009 but the person I was moving with changed his mind, which put me back a bit!! [:/] And of course, no DZs there!

If anyone's got any tips or advice, it'd be great to hear it.

Hannah. :P
UK skydiver moving to British Columbia in early 2011 - any recommendations?

Greetings Brit..
If you ever want to skydive again don't move to Newfoundland. Any part of it. Nice place. Great people. No DZs and never will be. Weather sucks.

BC is great. Losts of DZs plus Albertas not too far and Washington State is cool

Doog.
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.

Yes I'd heard Newfie was great for people, views and rain. I certainly want to visit it for a couple of months & see where I was gonna live & do some climbing in Gros Morne.
I've done quite a bit of exploring round BC & Alberta but that was before I was a skydiver so never visited any dropzones. Got family in Kamloops, Mission & Vancouver so it's a pretty big safety net.

Just searching for a job to get me through at the start then travel around.

Thanks Doog.
UK skydiver moving to British Columbia in early 2011 - any recommendations?