Stephen

2009 USPA National Skydiving Championships

This post is not a reflection on SpaceLand Skydiving but more of a slap towards USPA.

I enjoy the sport skydiving as a whole but i would like to see whole Nationals event posted at the site.

When RW events were going on u could get enough Live and Realtime Scores. After RW the realtime scores and Live feeds have slowed. They have yet to show Rounds 5-7 of the 3way FreeFly and 0 of the FreeStyle. There are people that would love to see the rest of these events, this definitely was not the case for RW.

Again I think Spaceland has done a killer job with the event, but all the events have not been fairly displayed.

Please tell me I am wrong..

Anything and everything on the web are bonus points.
There is no obligation to put anything on the web.
OmniSkore! did it for years because it was part of the system.
OmniSkore! posts each score as soon as the judges confirm it.
I'll bet the next time you see Camscore it will post automatically too.
The live feed is GREAT, but I'm sure it cost Spaceland a pretty penny.
There were a few glitches with audio and cuing up dives, but for the first attempt you really cannot complain.

This is not a vent, rant, or bark- Simply making an observation. if it seems harsh I apologize. I'm very good at gettign my point across sometimes.

Camescore is a great system. With my boots on the ground so to speak I am getting round score posts very quickly. the team video person is having a very easy time of getting video to the judges, ect. Love it. Also all the people that make nationals happen are great and they bust thier ass and listen to competitors whine about trival things. They do a job that most won't. I respect them.

Even though camscore is a new system and still has bugs in it, yes you can complain. As a competitor, I saw RW was treated as if it were the olympics of skydiving while I, a CRW competitor have to update on my own to people who want to know about CRW because whom ever was in charge of updating on the web abandoned it afgter RW was over. It is not because camescore is a new system and it is not USPA or spaceland or that Omniskore had been around longer or was designed differntly. I am in technology as a callege major and for a living. If someone can make update regularly when RW is going on they can do it for all the other events. We are all jump competitors and we all deserve the same treatment.

Usually when I post I get barked at. If you feel like wasteing your time barking at me on line then go ahead. It won't change anything and I don't really care.

Thanks for reading.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Although I am not an offical spokesman for either Spaceland or the systems folks, I wanted to give everyone some info on the slowdown in the on-line system between the first week and second week of nationals.

Almost all the people who set up the on-line system and worked it the first week only had the one week of vacation. Unfortunately, the transition to the second week team was not very smooth. Errors and fixes by the first team did not get transferred to the second team clearly, so the second team had to re-learn a bunch of things.

And a few of the first week folks who were blog or live broadcast oriented, were replaced by second week folks who are younger folks not as familiar with all skydiving disiplines, or are back office oriented. This has changed the nature of the blog, responses to chat questions, interviews with competitors, posting of pictures, etc. which was definitely not planned.

The Camscore folks are also relocated to the swoop pond park which has made getting answers to questions a little more difficult for the week two folks.

There has been no intentional slight towards the Style & Accuracy or the Swoop jumpers. We all have a lot of friends competing in those disiplines and we sure don't want them mad at us!

As with any new system, the learning curve without the experience first week team here was steeper than we thought it would be especially since all the documentation is not readily available.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and, yes even complaints. That's how the system will get better, work smoother, and give the on-line viewers the data they want when they want it.

Blue skies,

Jim

Thank you for the explaination. Understandable. BTW- Personally I'm not angry. I don't have enough energy for that during competition.

Thanks again for the response.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

This post is not a reflection on SpaceLand Skydiving but more of a slap towards USPA.

I enjoy the sport skydiving as a whole but i would like to see whole Nationals event posted at the site.

When RW events were going on u could get enough Live and Realtime Scores. After RW the realtime scores and Live feeds have slowed. They have yet to show Rounds 5-7 of the 3way FreeFly and 0 of the FreeStyle. There are people that would love to see the rest of these events, this definitely was not the case for RW.

Again I think Spaceland has done a killer job with the event, but all the events have not been fairly displayed.

There were a few glitches with audio and cuing up dives, but for the first attempt you really cannot complain.

When the organizing web site advertises live video, and then completely omits one event and short changes others, I think complaints are in order.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

When the organizing web site advertises live video, and then completely omits one event and short changes others, I think complaints are in order.

Yea cause you paid so much for that live video! I would be pissed to if I paid.... how much did you pay? I got it for free........ and the first first time ever nationals has had a "live" feed. You start your own DZ and go for nationals in 2011 or 2012. Let me know how that works out for you.:S
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Yea cause you paid so much for that live video! I would be pissed to if I paid.... how much did you pay? I got it for free........ and the first first time ever nationals has had a "live" feed. You start your own DZ and go for nationals in 2011 or 2012. Let me know how that works out for you.:S

Irrelevant as usual. If you say you're going to do something to bring visitors to your site, and then don't do it, complaints ARE in order.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I REPEAT, this is not at anyway a comment on Skydive Spaceland handeling of the USPA Nationals. I can tell they have done a great job and skydiving community seems very pleased with the host.

The issue is I have is RW gets the ROCK STAR Treatment while the other events r not given as much attention. I understand the techinical aspect of live webcast but weight in coverage was happening well before the change n crew.. Example, 3-way Freefly was completed their rounds but 16way RW scoring had to be completed before the rest of FreeFly scoring was completed. Some that care about Skydiving do not particular care for RW, so to see the other events not get the coverage that RW did is disappointing.

As for it being Free, hey man that was not my decision, I recommend u not post unless u r prepared for the masses to come. That is the way of the Internet..