flailmonkey2

Skydiving in Cancun Mexico?

I will be in Cancun for 2 weeks in November and was wondering if I could get in touch with any of the jumpers from the Cancun area.
I don't know if Skydive Cancun has bunk rooms or anything like that.
It would be cool to have people to hang out with other than the tourists too.

Email me at [email protected]
or find me on facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=23213677&ref=profile

Just got back from there. Skydive Cancun is actually in Playa del Carmen next to Senor Frogs. You walk thru Senor Frogs to get to the store front that is manifest. The landing area is very tiny maybe 30 yards sq on a poplulated beach. You must have your own gear and D license to jump there. It is basically a tandem factory. The plane was down for repairs when we were there. I think they have a Cessna but not sure. On the other hand Playa del Carmen was a really fun town. Very friendly to tourist lots of night life etc. It reminded me of Venice beach in So Cal. It is a cruise ship stop and the ferry to and from Cozumel has a terminal there. Lots of locals. No skydiving for us but we still had a blast. If you are going to Cancun then Playa del Carmen is about a 45 minute drive from there. Hope this helps.

Just got back from there. Skydive Cancun is actually in Playa del Carmen next to Senor Frogs. You walk thru Senor Frogs to get to the store front that is manifest. The landing area is very tiny maybe 30 yards sq on a poplulated beach. You must have your own gear and D license to jump there. It is basically a tandem factory. The plane was down for repairs when we were there. I think they have a Cessna but not sure. On the other hand Playa del Carmen was a really fun town. Very friendly to tourist lots of night life etc. It reminded me of Venice beach in So Cal. It is a cruise ship stop and the ferry to and from Cozumel has a terminal there. Lots of locals. No skydiving for us but we still had a blast. If you are going to Cancun then Playa del Carmen is about a 45 minute drive from there. Hope this helps.

I went to Playa Del Carmen last year and spent a week. I also saw the "dz" and landing area it was very small. I didn't have my gear with me so I was unable to jump. But if you are going to Cancun I would recommend Playa Del Carmen over Cancun.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I