grannyinthesky

Michelle Barker No Turbines Boogie

Mark your calendars! The Michelle Barker No Turbines Boogie is coming up soon. Come join us for some fun, some jumps, and good times! We're still planning events and getting details ironed out but here is some preliminary info:

When: October 16-18, 2009
Where: Star Skydiving Center

24005 N. Can Ada Rd.
Star, ID 83669
(208) 455-0000

Cost: $30 registration fee for participating jumpers - this will get you a kickin' rad t-shirt, dinner Friday and Saturday nights, and keg cups for the weekend (or delicious soda and/ or water for non drinkers/ minors)

$10 per day for non jumpers or non participating jumpers - this will pay for a keg cup (or other non alcoholic drink) and dinner that evening.

We have space for five (5) RV hookups - water and electric - on a first come, first served basis. Please email at [email protected] or call us at (208) 455-0000 by October 10th to reserve a space.

Tent camping and hot showers are free, as always!.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

I was thinking about going to this boogie as I have always had a fantastic time in Star over the years! I don't know what the level if interest in Wingsuit flying will be but I am putting a feeler out there for interest in first flights or more advanced coaching from Flock U ? www.flockuniversity.org I can get and bring bring a good set of Demo suits to play with along with my training suits.. Basically I am curious if any other wingsuiters will be there or are thinking about going? MT, UT, ID, OR, WA even Canada?

If you have any interest in the Elsinore Record Jumps this will be the last chance to Qualify for the record jumps in November www.raisethesky.org in the Pacific NorthWest. I am one of the Plane Captains and organizers that is qualifying participants for this event. Registration/event info is at the noted link and its still not too late to get qualified and participate!!!

Let me know what your thinking and I can get this added to my schedule! Hell, we can even pull the USPA approved "Grid" out ans set an Idaho State Record!!

Scott Callantine :)

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I have heard from a reliable sourse (Rex) that the no turbine boogie will have a turbine:)
Doc

That's what I've heard today too!!.. I guess it's the Almost No Turbines Boogies, now. lol. Hopefully a few of you guys will make it down for one last weekend with Big Bird.

POPS #10490

I was thinking about going to this boogie as I have always had a fantastic time in Star over the years! I don't know what the level if interest in Wingsuit flying will be but I am putting a feeler out there for interest in first flights or more advanced coaching from Flock U ? www.flockuniversity.org I can get and bring bring a good set of Demo suits to play with along with my training suits.. Basically I am curious if any other wingsuiters will be there or are thinking about going? MT, UT, ID, OR, WA even Canada?

If you have any interest in the Elsinore Record Jumps this will be the last chance to Qualify for the record jumps in November www.raisethesky.org in the Pacific NorthWest. I am one of the Plane Captains and organizers that is qualifying participants for this event. Registration/event info is at the noted link and its still not too late to get qualified and participate!!!

Let me know what your thinking and I can get this added to my schedule! Hell, we can even pull the USPA approved "Grid" out ans set an Idaho State Record!!

Scott Callantine :)

I'll let our locals know you're interested. I do know of one who has been teaching himself wingsuiting and would really love a FFC. I think we could round up a few. How many people would it take to get you to come?

POPS #10490

Mark your calendars! The Michelle Barker No Turbines Boogie is coming up soon. Come join us for some fun, some jumps, and good times! We're still planning events and getting details ironed out but here is some preliminary info:

When: October 16-18, 2009
Where: Star Skydiving Center

24005 N. Can Ada Rd.
Star, ID 83669
(208) 455-0000

Cost: $30 registration fee for participating jumpers - this will get you a kickin' rad t-shirt, dinner Friday and Saturday nights, and keg cups for the weekend (or delicious soda and/ or water for non drinkers/ minors)

$10 per day for non jumpers or non participating jumpers - this will pay for a keg cup (or other non alcoholic drink) and dinner that evening.

We have space for five (5) RV hookups - water and electric - on a first come, first served basis. Please email at [email protected] or call us at (208) 455-0000 by October 10th to reserve a space.

Tent camping and hot showers are free, as always!.

Our no turbine boogie will have a turbine and lots of fun. We're still lookikng to see if there are people interested in doing a ffc for wingwuiting or coach jumps. Idaho in October is spectacular.

POPS #10490

NO TURBINE BOOGIE with a turbine I dont get it, care to explain?

Last year, we had the first Michelle Barker No Turbines Boogie (all C-182's) and when we first started planning this one, we expected to have the same. Then, thanks to Rex at West Plains Skydiving in Ritzville, WA, we found out we're going to have their caravan on ihe way to its winter quarters in Mesquite. Too late to change to boogie name, so the no turbine boogie with a turbine.

POPS #10490

Here's an update:

Registration Fee: $30 Pre-registration on or before October 11th ($35.00 October 12 thru October 18th) for participating jumpers - this will get you a kickin' rad t-shirt, dinner Friday and Saturday nights, and keg cups for the weekend (or delicious soda and/ or water for non drinkers/ minors)

We have space for five (5) RV hookups - water and electricity - on a first come, first served basis. There is also plenty of free space available for tents too! Please email at [email protected] or call us at (208) 455-0000 by October 10th to reserve a space. We need to know if you plan on attending so we can better serve you!
Pre-register now and save!

Aircraft
• 3 Cessna 182’s
• 1 Cessna Caravan
• Jumps Tickets $28.50 to 12,500 w/discount bulk rate packages available

Entertainment
• Friday – Ipod Playlist (Load four of your favorite songs to your playlist. Hate the song that’s playing? Donate $2.00 to the beer fund and we’ll skip the song.)
• Saturday – Band (TBD)

Food (included when you pay the registration fee. $10.00 for non-jumpers)
• Beer! Do I really need to say more?
• Friday – BBQ, Catered
• Saturday – TBD, Catered
• All net proceeds go to The Michelle Barker Memorial Scholarship Fund.

Breakfast and Lunch available Saturday and Sunday at additional cost.

Activities
• Idaho State Women’s Way
• Formation Loads
• Sunset/Sunrise loads
• Sumo Wrestling
• Naked Red Rover?
• Wine and Cigars

Friday Evening Events:
Fun Jumps
Sunset Cross Country Formation Loads
Saturday Events:
Women’s Way Attempts
Formation Loads
Sunrise/Sunset Loads
Sunday Events:
Fun Jumps
Formation Loads
Sunrise Loads

We are working on finding a hotel close enough with a good rate. I will post more information as soon as we get it.

For more information please email [email protected] or call 208-455-0000.

Blue Skies,
Rob Cooper, DZO
Skydive Idaho
208 455-0000

POPS #10490

Here's an update:

Registration Fee: $30 Pre-registration on or before October 11th ($35.00 October 12 thru October 18th) for participating jumpers - this will get you a kickin' rad t-shirt, dinner Friday and Saturday nights, and keg cups for the weekend (or delicious soda and/ or water for non drinkers/ minors)

We have space for five (5) RV hookups - water and electricity - on a first come, first served basis. There is also plenty of free space available for tents too! Please email at [email protected] or call us at (208) 455-0000 by October 10th to reserve a space. We need to know if you plan on attending so we can better serve you!
Pre-register now and save!

Aircraft
• 3 Cessna 182’s
• 1 Cessna Caravan
• Jumps Tickets $28.50 to 12,500 w/discount bulk rate packages available

Entertainment
• Friday – Ipod Playlist (Load four of your favorite songs to your playlist. Hate the song that’s playing? Donate $2.00 to the beer fund and we’ll skip the song.)
• Saturday – Band (TBD)

Food (included when you pay the registration fee. $10.00 for non-jumpers)
• Beer! Do I really need to say more?
• Friday – BBQ, Catered
• Saturday – TBD, Catered
• All net proceeds go to The Michelle Barker Memorial Scholarship Fund.

Breakfast and Lunch available Saturday and Sunday at additional cost.

Activities
• Idaho State Women’s Way
• Formation Loads
• Sunset/Sunrise loads
• Sumo Wrestling
• Naked Red Rover?
• Wine and Cigars

Friday Evening Events:
Fun Jumps
Sunset Cross Country Formation Loads
Saturday Events:
Women’s Way Attempts
Formation Loads
Sunrise/Sunset Loads
Sunday Events:
Fun Jumps
Formation Loads
Sunrise Loads

We are working on finding a hotel close enough with a good rate. I will post more information as soon as we get it.

For more information please email [email protected] or call 208-455-0000.

Blue Skies,
Rob Cooper, DZO
Skydive Idaho
208 455-0000

We've also got no moon night jumps planned. :)

POPS #10490

Wish I was there.

Make plans for coming next year. It's supposed to be an annual event. We had glorius weather, great skydives, fun around the bonfire, ... everything a boogie should be. Kudos to Rex and Pat from West Planes and Rob and Rene from Skydive Idaho for working together to give us such a breat weekend. :)

POPS #10490

Glad you had a great weekend. We miss Big Brd already.

Doc

After just one weekend of Big Bird here in Star, I can sure understand that. I'm missing that plane already, too. I think I'll have to make a Mesquite trip again this year to say Hi.

POPS #10490