maxmadmax

Marvin's Boogie

Marvin's Boogie started as a bi-annual event during 1995 at the Smithville TN airport. The featured aircraft of the first few boogies was Dave Norcutt's King Air 200. As mentioned before, the last one held was 30 miles away at the McMinnville airport in 2003.

Marvin is no longer an active skydiver but he sure knew how to organize a great boogie.

The aircraft flown at various boogies included Dave's King Air 200, Paul Fayard's Casa and Twin Otters, and Mike Mullin's King Air.

afaik I was on marvin's last jump. at chris's memorial boogie in tullahoma. he had already sold his gear. and after the jump with borrowed gear he layed his jumpsuit over one of the benches and said " I'm done anyone this fits can have it" and walked away. it was a sad day for many me included.:(. i hold out hope marvin may return one day.

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

afaik I was on marvin's last jump. at chris's memorial boogie in tullahoma. he had already sold his gear. and after the jump with borrowed gear he layed his jumpsuit over one of the benches and said " I'm done anyone this fits can have it" and walked away. it was a sad day for many me included.:(. i hold out hope marvin may return one day.

You’re right. That was Marvin’s last jump. I was fortunate enough to be on that jump also…as well as many other interesting fun jumps with Marvin. Somewhere I have a photo of everyone on that last jump. If I can find it, I’ll post it. Marvin was, without a doubt, one of the most fun people I have jumped with and he even tried teaching me CRW a few times. I sure do miss jumping with him and going to his boogies.
I just ran into him and his wife a few weeks ago at the 127 Sale and he’s the same old Marvin…but just enjoying different hobbies (fishing and kayaking).

Him and Ronnie came to one of my boogies in Dublin. It was an honor for me to meet him because although I never made it up to his event it was one of the things that inspired me to start holding my events.

Yeah, I think Marvin only came to one of the St. Patty's Boogies, but I think Ronnie made it to all of them but one. And speaking of Marvin and Ronnie, it would have been really fun have jumped at Smithville when Ronnie and Marvin had their DZ there, but I didn't know either Marvin or Ronnie back then...but I've heard some of the stories...