RMK

Which Boogie?

I’ve just returned from a large boogie that I thought would be one of the best of the year. I had fun, but I have to be honest and say it was a bit of a disappointment from what I expected. With an 8hr flight, rental cars and hotels I wish to avoid the crap boogies. Admittedly, this one seemed great in prior years, but 2009 seemed a half-assed attempt.

What boogies would people suggest for:

- Unique location and/or scenery
- Speciality jumps (balloons, helis, biplanes etc)
- Fun focused with mix of disciplines
- Not record/big-way focused (I couldn’t really give a damn about those; I come to enjoy myself not to spend all my time in dirt dives and chasing after load calls)

From looking into some upcoming trips, Moab looks great and Perris Valley’s Christmas boogie looks interesting. I’m OK to fly to the Americas, Continental Europe, Mid East or Africa if it looks good. Let me now some feedback on what's a best pick or an avoid.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

- Not record/big-way focused (I couldn’t really give a damn about those; I come to enjoy myself not to spend all my time in dirt dives and chasing after load calls)

R I G H T.

Those of us who attempt to set records and who jump on big ways get NO enjoyment at all from skydiving.:|

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

R I G H T.

Those of us who attempt to set records and who jump on big ways get NO enjoyment at all from skydiving.:|

WTF? He clearly is talking about his needs and wants. NOT what you or anybody else enjoys. :S

To the OP I have not been to alot of boogies but The Belize boogie was great this last year! Its only an otter but the vibe is amazing!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

i goto ALOT of boogies each year, but there are only 2 that i refuse to miss...

#1 is summerfest, which im at right now

and #2 is the Puerto Rico freefall festival..

DO NOT MISS THE PR BOOGIE....DO NOT
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Thanks, I’ve heard good reviews of the Puerto Rica and Montana events. As for Moab, (from the UK) this would involve maybe 2 or three flights and then a 6hr drive. In the past has it been possible to charter a small plane between a few people or either has Skydive Arizona let some people fly in their jump ships to Moab? Looks like a fantastic place to jump, but a bit of a journey for international travellers.

Re “Kallend” - Shouldn’t you be over in Speakers Corner ranting on something? The next post got it right. I fully understand if people are into big-ways & records, it’s just that this has no appeal to me. This is but one my hobbies/interests, I don’t have unlimited free time, and wanted to note to any potential repliers that I wasn’t interested in big-way/record events. I just came back from one; I wasn’t that impressed.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Happy Monday!!

I'm another token 'boogie brat' and would agree with Lead- the PR Invasion hands down is my favorite boogie.

Second, would be Chicks Rock at Lake Elisnore (fly into San Diego) which is coming up October 1-4th.

Third, would the Good Vibes Boogie (not the Team One though) in Motueka, New Zealand. ....amazing time, fast planes, 10 days in the South Island, and lots of speciality jumps!

Good luck!
Smile!
http://www.399FirstDates.com