k_marr08

2009 Good Vibes Boogie, Motueka, New Zealand, 15/8-23/8

Anyone going? I already pre-registered for all 9 days and am driving from Queenstown up to Motueka for the boogie. I have some room in the car for others if anyone wants to share petrol.
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

Lead, incorrect. Team One started using this 'Good Vibes' talk AFTER Skydive Abel Tasman had already ran the boogie for 2 years before.

Skydive Abel Tasman put on an amazing VIBE, boogie, in an unforgettable local... Went last year and it ROCKED!
Smile!
http://www.399FirstDates.com

hahahaha Lead, serves you right for *trying* to correct me :P

Anyway, seems like not too many skydivers from the Queenstown area are going to be going this year due to all of them working at dropzones which can't afford to lose them for any of the 9 days of the boogie, so I was hoping to find more people on here who are going to attend.

From what I hear, it's an amazing time! 9 full days of boogie (including two full weekends!), a chopper and a pac, among other aircraft, and lots of good vibes! Can't wait!

"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

::Right from the horses mouth::

"Good Vibes '09

With only 2 weeks to go it is time to start making those plans for the usual Good Vibes madness. This year we have the Pac 750 Cresco XL, the Fletcher, Microlights and of course the EC130 helicopter.

We have all matter of coaches coming this year and a heap of Aussies heading this way... But don't let that put you off! ;) - Please Note that A.A.Ds are mandatory in NZ. -

Also this year we will be able to have more novelty jumps so anyone keen to organise one please let me know in advance so we can get preparations underway. Sarah Skinner is already planning a girly lingerie jump for her 1000th and we will be raffling off positions for the boys with all proceeds going to Jump Start charity. Wayne Stronach is hoping to run a 4 way scrambles competition and Nathan Scotford is planning Freefly scrambles also. We will need volunteers for the following jumps: BNZ Piggies, Spaceships & Summit lager.

We will set up a swoop course and accuracy course also.

There will be; Big Ways (up to 24), RW, POPs, VRW, Atmo, Tracking, Hybrids, Wingsuit, Swoop & Chug, Beach Jumps, Scrambles, Speedstar Comp, Accuracy & Swoop Comp, Novelty Jumps, Coaching & Load Organising, BBQ’s, Raffles, Finale Party.

Coaches so far are:

Kevin Mccarthy, Adam Bennet, Anthony Oakley, Stuart Bean, Fiona Mclaren: RW, 4-way, 8-way & Big ways

Beedo: Canopy Skills
Adam Bennet, Beedo & Frick: Freefly HU, HD, Tomas Zahradka (BMI) & Jon: Tracking & Wingsuit."

I have jumped and have seen all of those folks fly... they are awesome! You're going to have a kickass time for sure!

Befriend Lisa and Fi right out of the gate and they'll take good care of you. Also take a jump from the microlights too... totally different experience and worth the cash!

Have a blast and PM me if you want to see photos from last years madness :-)
Smile!
http://www.399FirstDates.com