Nickkk

B-17 Skydive in New Jersey (Monmouth)

The Collings Foundation maintains and flies on of the only still airworthy B-17 Bombers in the country. You will have the opportunity to be dropped like a bomb right out the bomb bay doors!

The jump is expensive, but it is also completely tax deductible!

This big bird will be at Monmouth Airport Monday August 24th -Wed August 26th.

The cost for a ride is $450 which is completely tax deductible and we do not have to land with the plane if we choose not to.

The plane needs 10 people to fly but that can can be made up of jumpers and spectators.

I am gauging interest for this and hoping we can set something up. Let me know who would be interested for any of those days. I know it is expensive but it is a donation to a great cause and is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Im trying to organize this, I am good for myself plus my father as a spectator, we need 8 more to fly!

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!

The cost for a ride is $450 which is completely tax deductible and we do not have to land with the plane if we choose not to.

I'd only write off $425 since a jump ticket is usually $25, but am not an accountant.

IRS Topic 506 says

If your contribution entitles you to merchandise, goods, or services, including admission to a charity ball, banquet, theatrical performance, or sporting event, you can deduct only the amount that exceeds the fair market value of the benefit received

This was one of the most memorable jumps I've ever done.

Bought a couple of $10 raffel tickets at Quincy but decided screw it and paid the $350 at the time. For some UNKNOWN reason, some of the jumpers did NOT want to exit the bomb bay.:S Standing, stradling the doors as they opened beneath you was great.

If you can afford it, do it. The chance to ride in one of these is also a thrill. To see how cramped they were. For 12 -16 hours, at 30,000' without heat, on oxygen, trying to shoot down the planes that were trying to shoot you down.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE