JumpCrazy

New to Edmonton. Where to jump?

Hey everyone!
I am moving to Edmonton, Alberta next week and am wondering where I should be doing my skydiving? I'm not trying to stir any pots or anything....I just want an honest opinion. I also think that skydiving is a great way to meet people, since I don't know anyone in Edmonton!

I've heard of 2 large dropzones near Edmonton. Eden North, and Skydive Edmonton.

I have about 450 jumps, and they are mostly freeflying or wingsuit. I'm not much of an RW or CRW kind of guy. I'd like to skydive somewhere that has people I can jump with a lot. Does one of the dropzones have more wingsuiters or freeflyers? I am coming from Ontario....and as an example, if I want to do a lot of wingsuiting, I'd go to Burnaby. That just happens to be where the wingsuits are. Is it lke that in Edmonton?

Any suggestions? Which dropzone would you recommend?
Flying Hellfish #470

You can't go wrong with Eden North. Great people, good plane, good facilities and lots of options. You should find people of all disciplines there including freeflying. Can't recall seeing any wingsuits there, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a few. And if you do get tired of that, you'll also have some of the best RW and CRW people in the country around you if and when you want to try something new.

They are all good! Eden has a mixmash of every discipline jumping out there, also home of the famous plad jackets. Andrew Donald calls Edmonton skydive home he was organizing and training wingsuit jumpers for provincials this year and is trying to promote a larger presence of wing suits in Alberta. Hows your swoop? Peter Kozack jumps out at Skydive Bigsky and organizes swooping courses and swoop club.
Pick your poison, 5 dropzones in Alberta why choose just one?;)

Welcome to the Edmonton area.

Eden North has been my home DZ for the last 15 years.

The Caravan seats 15 and goes to 12,500 ft.

There are a few guys flying wingsuits here in addition to all the freeflyers, etc.

Lots of good pics on the Eden North Facebook site if you want a taste of what you can expect.

Blue ones,

Major Dad
CSPA D-579