Ralph_W

which DZ around Atlanta could you recomend

Ok I can't take it anymore. I keep hearing what a great place the farm is to jump and after hours partying. Everyone I have talked to who has jumped at the farm has raved about it. They tell me it has a great vibe, very friendly to visiting jumpers and that Hans is a great guy. I have been hearing this for a long time and quite frankly I NEED IN ON THIS! I have been promising myself for the last couple of years that I would go down and check out the farm but it just seemed to have not worked out. Well now I say Fuck it! I am spending the extra bucks and going to the farm and check this scene out. I am thinking next weekend the 31st thru the 2nd. I'm going to play hookie from work. but before i make my travel arrangement i have a couple of questions which will depend on my mode of transportation (driving vs flying) but at this point I will probably drive since it seems to be much cheaper. i was on the web site and my questions are as follows:
1. What are the hours of operation? Are you guys open on Fridays?
2. I see where it says open area for camping. Is there space for my pop up camper and if so is it possible to get electric hookup only?
3. Packers doing sport rigs? (I pay real good)
4. Looking for people who will freefly with me. I have a little over 300 jumps. About 225 of those are sitfly jumps. Working on my head down but it has been a bit of a struggle. Looking for people willing to jump with someone of my limited skill level. can also do a bit of back flying. i would also be interested in maybe doing a sunset high pull with some people and just kind of flying around to end the day.
Thanks for your patience in reading this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
5. Can I bring my two well behaved labrador retrievers (one 8 year old black female and one 2 year old chocolate). Both dogs are very friendly and get along well with other dogs. They are use to being around alot of people and the drop zone. Everybody at my home DZ love my dogs.

Tom
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

1. What are the hours of operation? Are you guys open on Fridays?

Normal DZ hours. Open on Friday

2. I see where it says open area for camping. Is there space for my pop up camper and if so is it possible to get electric hookup only?

Yes and yes.

3. Packers doing sport rigs? (I pay real good)

Yes.

4. Looking for people who will freefly with me. I have a little over 300 jumps. About 225 of those are sitfly jumps. Working on my head down but it has been a bit of a struggle. Looking for people willing to jump with someone of my limited skill level. can also do a bit of back flying. i would also be interested in maybe doing a sunset high pull with some people and just kind of flying around to end the day.
Thanks for your patience in reading this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes.

5. Can I bring my two well behaved labrador retrievers (one 8 year old black female and one 2 year old chocolate). Both dogs are very friendly and get along well with other dogs. They are use to being around alot of people and the drop zone. Everybody at my home DZ love my dogs.

Yes.
Very soon, an honest person will not be able to sing the last 2 lines of our National Anthem:::Practice safe dining....use condiments

Excellent! Thanks Joe. Got a message from Hans saying next weekend might not be so good since a bunch of people are going to summerfest. I am going to plan on either the weekend of the 7th or 14th of August. I am going to try an recruit a couple of people from my DZ to take the trip with me.
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

Can I bring my two well behaved labrador retrievers (one 8 year old black female and one 2 year old chocolate). Both dogs are very friendly and get along well with other dogs. They are use to being around alot of people and the drop zone. Everybody at my home DZ love my dogs.

LMAO, the Farm is dog heaven!!!! Which is not so good for people who don't like dogs, I guess, but oh well. :D Your dogs can even go swimming and roll around in the mud! They will make a lot of new friends too. B|:P:)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Ooouch, I did expect that my request would start a religous war. :-)
However, I will be near Macon on that Friday in Augsut, so I will visit Skydive Atlanta and on Saturday or Sunday I will go uo to visit the Farm.

But can someone enlighthen me about ASC. Its so close to the Farm.

Thanks

Ralph

I just got my AFF cert at ASC this month and have been going every other weekend or so working on my A license. Fri-Sun they are very busy with Tandem jumpers, so there are a lot of lifts vs waiting around for enough people to fill a load... though sometimes it's a little too busy and you have to wait a load or two. Mornings and afternoons tend to be less crazy. The packing area is Air Conditioned.

Since I'm still working on my A license, I haven't had the opportunity to jump with anyone other than a coach; however, there are normally 1-5 fun jumpers there over the weekend that are looking for people to do jumps with. If business is slow you can add a few of the packers to that list.

It seems a lot of people don't like the DZ because of the owner. *shrug* I don't really care who is the end recipient of the money I pay; I'm just there to skydive. I really like the people I've met there, and have enjoyed myself every visit.

This weekend I'll be bringing my Wii in case of a weather hold. ;-)

~Gav

Edit: oh yeah, if you are looking for gear, Mike has an awesome shop at The Farm called ChutingStar.
Life doesn't need reasons, just participants.

D.S.#21

I have a Dz 45 minutes from my house and 1:15 minutes from my house. I drive a little over 2 hours to go to the Farm. Great place, great people, When I first started jumping there ( around 50 jumps or so) , I was still trying to do some solo jumps. I didnt realize how hard it was to do a solo jump. I was invited with open arms to jump with others. I remember the first time I arrived at the Farm I expected the same thing I had got from other DZs when walking up to the hanger but to my surprise everyone was greeting me. At the time I didnt know anyone there but now I know most everyone and I am now doing my part in welcoming people to the DZ. (yes, I know, I said first 3 times so who is going to call me on it?)

I will definitely post when I am heading down. I amsure it is one of two weekends. Weather permitting of course. I can't wait I am impressed with the responses I have gotten and already feeling a good vibe about the place.

Oh and looks like I will be buying some beer. I will come bearing gifts.
Most people call me Boston Tom. For obvious reasons. So I look forward to meeting a bunch of people and getting in some great jumps. work has been insane the last few weeks and I need the release in the worst way. can't wait!
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

You should post when you are coming and we will be on the look out to welcome you. BTW there is a big contingent of belly flyers and freeflyers. We build some awesome hybird jumps at the Farm. You will not be disappointed making the trip.;)

I should be out at the Farm this weekend.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I will be there the weekend of August14th. if someone tells me the frosty beverage of choice at the farm I will be sure to bring some. Since I am going to owe beer for my first jump at the farm.

The frosty beverage of choice is gatorade.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3609927;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks Laura, that works out perfectly because the chocolate guy is crazy mad for swimming and the black girl is more interested in rolling around in the mud than swimming.

They would probably both get along great with my baby...she's a chocolate lab/golden retriever mix who loves swimming and THEN rolling around in the mud to get that "clean" smell off of her. :D:D

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

They would probably both get along great with my baby...she's a chocolate lab/golden retriever mix who loves swimming and THEN rolling around in the mud to get that "clean" smell off of her. :D:D

Hmmm...

Now it describes your husband,,, :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.