Ralph_W

which DZ around Atlanta could you recomend

This bothers me to. We do try our best to make people feel welcome. Peter is an ASC regular and has never even jumped at the Farm. He is a customer of Chutingstar. I always ask him if he wants to make a skydive he claims his rig is at ASC. Oh well his loss.:)

The Farm is awesome, they even welcome you back when you totally embarass yourself in front of the owner!!! :):ph34r:

g

That is why they invite you back. They want to watch you do it again.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Peter is an ASC regular and has never even jumped at the Farm. He is a customer of Chutingstar. I always ask him if he wants to make a skydive he claims his rig is at ASC. Oh well his loss.:)

Peter has also recently jumped at

Desert Skydiving centre
Skydive Arizona
Skydive Cape Town
Skydive St Andrews
Raeford parachute centre
Red Rock Skydiving

and has plans to visit

Skydive Express
Skydive Queenstown
Southern Skydivers

In the next 3 months
(Peter gets around quite a bit)

Therefore Hans, I think your comment is a little harsh and something which has absolutely nothing to do with the subject. I consider myself above such mudslinging and would hope you are too.

Actually I find the STAFF at the Farm very friendly and consider some of your instructors fairly close friends of mine who are regularly in my home.

The reasons I have never taken you up on your offer and jumped at the farm are

a) I'm never there at the weekend when it's busy
and
b) when I do visit at the weekend, it's usually after hours and I find it very cliquey!

It has nothing to do with any bad juju between local Dropzones that I take no part in.
It's not the speed that kills ya, it's the sudden stops!

So you have never jumped there but you dont like it?:S

I bet they seem a little cliquey at night after a long day of jumping and everybody is talking about the best jumps of the day. But from what i have heard of the farm i bet you could enter into those conversation and ask how there day went and about there jumps.

Most introductions happen during jump hours and peop-le dont really notice who shows up after the beer light comes on.

You say you know some of the staff there, then you say its cliquey. Maybe its your friend's that should be talking to you?[:/]

I dont think what hans said is harsh at all, and yes what he said has everthing to do with subject!

BTW i have never jumped at the Farm and I dont know anybody there.

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I wasnt trying to be harsh I was just defending my DZ. I just dont understand how one can make a comment about a dropzone when they have never jumped at it. I will continue to offer you a slot when I see you in Chutingstar. Actually I am offering you a FREE slot next time you are at the Farm.

The Farm

. Actually I am offering you a FREE slot next time you are at the Farm.

In that case, i've never even been to the farm.. But I met a guy that used to jump there. He seemed wayyyyy sketchy, even looked at me funny at one point. Hopefully I can come down, get a free jump and clear up this bad air. See ya soon :):P

I have jumped at two different DZ's in the ATL area, Skydive Atlanta and The Farm. Both are great places but in my limited experience it has been easier for me to get on loads doing something bigger than a 2-way at the farm. Either way I am sure you would be very happy. If you do happen to go to The Farm, which I would HIGHLY recommend, and want to do some belly jumping ask for Greg and if I am there I would be more than happy to jump with you and find other people willing to do so.
Is it bad when I am consistently dreaming about skydiving?

OK so here is the deal. Usually, when I am there, I am the social butterfly that goes around to meet everyone. I even drag folks out of the corner to chat with our belly flying group. So if you come again. Find me and hang out. You can ask almost anyone at the Farm who I am. Including the fresh off AFF students who I make a point of talking with.

Now you have no reason to say it is cliquey because you are invited to hang out with us.

It is just so weird to hear that we are snobby or something. I mean we go eat after jumping together in a heard on the bus. :S

I hate that you did not get in on a jump with any of the Farm Animals. If you get back down PM me and if you are a belly flyer we can definately jump together. Sometimes I even get all girl belly ways going.

If you freefly ask for Sunman. He can hook you up with that crowd.

Blues,
Kathleen :)

I live in Florida. I've got friends at all the dz's around Atlanta. I enjoy them all, depending on what I'm looking for. I think the Farm is a great 'vacation' dropzone. Its just a relaxing place for me. The evening parties are fun. Hell, I've almost fried my facd cooking in front of the huge dz charcoal grill. But the sound of nature in the Am in the secluded fields are what I really enjoy. I can acually relax there, it doesn't feel like a busy dz, but you can still do the jumps of one.
Watch out for planters.

I did meet Sunman! He is a character! I didn't say I did not like The Farm. During the weather hold Mike from Chuting Star did a repack for me! I introduced myself to quit a few people but all were busy! I think it may have just been a very busy day. See you guys when I am down there next time!

Ooouch, I did expect that my request would start a religous war. :-)
However, I will be near Macon on that Friday in Augsut, so I will visit Skydive Atlanta and on Saturday or Sunday I will go uo to visit the Farm.

But can someone enlighthen me about ASC. Its so close to the Farm.

Thanks

Ralph
Silence is golden. www.bt-ag.ch

You will have fun at any of the DZs.If you go to ASC your money will be going into the pocket of a crook.

Ding, ding, ding! I guess I could have said that. :S

So could I, but "crook" wouldn't have been my choice of words... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Using the search function? Are you Nutz? SCNR

The only thing I found at first glance in 193 pages of search results is the word "skyride". But I assume this is pretty much it.

Ralph

Since no one else is helping you out I will. ASC is run by the same people who run Skyride. It's a huge scam. They have several lawsuits against them because of their unlawful business practices. If you want more detail just google "Skyride Scam" or search the forums for Skyride.