Ralph_W

which DZ around Atlanta could you recomend

The last weekend of August I will be in Atlanta. I noticed that there are several dropzone arround, so my question to the local jumpers is, which one could you recommend.

I am looking for fun jumps, FF or RW.

Thanks in advance

Ralph
Silence is golden. www.bt-ag.ch

Both The Farm and Skydive Atlanta are great dropzones. A lot of locals jumps at both on occasion.
Where in Atlanta will you be? Distance and location might make your decision.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

ASC...........for a few extra bucks you can use the "big plane" and dont forget to purchase wx insurance... operators are standing by!B|

cant do that to ya man.... Go to the farm or skydive atl.... both are great!

Team Dirty Sanchez #455,
Muff Brother #4197,
SCR #14847, DPH -8,
Dude #5150

If you're only there for a day, I would highly recommend the FARM. They were the nicest people, the first time I went there. They worked really hard to get my group on a load on a busy day.
If you are there for two days, hit up both places. You can listen to others for their comments about each DZ, but when they are basically only a few miles from each other, thy are going to be pitted up against each other. You should really check out both to make up your own mind.
--
Andy Ussach
Team Dirty Sanchez Ex-Vice President #38
Explosivo Rodriguez #1385, Muff Brother #3503, "Woody" Hellfish #646

wow. it really bothers me to read this! :(:S>:(:|[:/]

I can't apologize for anyone else, but I can for myself. Several of us do go out of our way to greet new people.

Do you freefly or belly fly? We have a number of people there in each discipline.

If and when if you do give us another chance please ask manifest if I am there. I'll introduce you around and make sure you get on some loads. :)

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

This bothers me to. We do try our best to make people feel welcome. Peter is an ASC regular and has never even jumped at the Farm. He is a customer of Chutingstar. I always ask him if he wants to make a skydive he claims his rig is at ASC. Oh well his loss.:)

The Farm

I always tend to find the farm a little cliquey

but then maybe that's just me!

Everytime I have ever been at the farm, the people there have been nothing but friendly and cordial to me.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The people are very friendly at the Farm but I also found it a little cliquey. It was hard to get on a jump with the regulars. I only made one visit but am thinking of trying it again if I am in the area. They were very busy the day I visited.

I would suggest that next time you ask Hans or Andy (Popsjumper - The really old guy wandering around in between his naps, Cant miss him) or any of the other regulars. Tell them you are looking for someone to jump with. I am positive they will find you some fun people to jump with.

Actually that is something I think people should do at every DZ they visit if they don't already know people there. Tell the DZO and/or Manifest that you are visiting and looking for someone to jump with. See if they help you out or not. That will tell you a lot about the DZ.

The Farm really does pride itself on being an open friendly DZ.
Like everywhere, There will be Good days, Bad Days, Busy days and slow days but the Farm does more to make sure everyone is welcomed and has someone to jump with than any other DZ I have ever been to. Give them another shot.

This bothers me all around! I think all the drop zones around Atlanta are great, whether you're at the Farm, Skydive Atlanta, or...heaven forbid....ASC. There are some great people there, as well as at Skydive the Farm. Hans is always welcoming and helpful (as is Tyler at ASC), as well as some of the other folks at the Farm, but I can see Peter's point. There have been several instances where we've been over there and Hans, Ian and Jesse were the only folks who'd talk to us. I'm realizing that's just the way it is. As much as I'd like to think skydiving is this open community where you can go anywhere and be welcomed with open arms at any dropzone, in reality it's not always like this. We learned that in our trip to AZ.

Ralph, all the drop zones in Atlanta are great places with great friends. I promise you'll have fun no matter where you go. Blue skies :)

You will get out of a place what you put in. If you show up and stand in a corner you aren't going to make any friends.If you show up in a group and stand around with your group wearing your home DZ jackets and Gatorz, you're probably going to be left alone.

In a perfect world every DZ would have someone on duty to introduce the new people around. That's not going to happen on most days. I've been to DZs that I have been to many times and one day you show up and don't feel welcome.
Very soon, an honest person will not be able to sing the last 2 lines of our National Anthem:::Practice safe dining....use condiments

This bothers me to. We do try our best to make people feel welcome. Peter is an ASC regular and has never even jumped at the Farm. He is a customer of Chutingstar. I always ask him if he wants to make a skydive he claims his rig is at ASC. Oh well his loss.:)

The Farm is awesome, they even welcome you back when you totally embarass yourself in front of the owner!!! :):ph34r:

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?