Ruffles

RSL or No RSL, that is the question....

COBALTDAN...
stilletto 150/raven /exit wt 200lbs
dumped at 3500 after an AFF and instantly started spinning and with line twists and began to dive, had a hard pull on the cutaway pillow (no inserts) lost LOTS of altitude FAST.... eventually pulled on my back, got in the saddle right at 1000 ft.....

I have one always will. It's nice to have one and being able to dissconnect it if you want. If it's not there, then you don't have a choice. Don't use it if you are doing CRW. The way I see it there are more pros than cons about using it.

Always keep in mind to react to emergency procedure like you don't have one, i.e. pull both handles not just the pillow!
Memento Audere Semper

;)

Just had my 4th chop and due to the tangled risers and rate of spin I only managed to get to my right pillow after I realised my left pillow for what ever reason...wasn't going to do the job.
The reserve deployed in a few line twists and I set out kicking it out before landing in stead of worring about why my left pillow was still attached.
The example speaks for itself.
I will always use an RSL
Vman[email]