mdrejhon

Rainbow Boogie 2009 (Gay boogie): August 6th-9th Skydive Cross Keys

Several of the RainbowSkydivers Members on Facebook are planning to attend, however, I'm announcing it here on dropzone.com too:

Rainbow Boogie 2009 -- August 6th - 9th, 2009!
At Cross Keys Skydiving

2nd Ever World's Rainbow Skydiver event, a gay-friendly skydiving event, continuing on the success of Rainbow Boogie 2006!

Smallway RW, Bigway RW, Freefly. First skydive, novice jumpers, advanced jumpers, load organizing, banquet, partying. Featuring the "Gay Way" World Record attempt, as well as mixed gay/straight skydives. Tiki bar, restaurant, bonfire, dancing/DJ in the hangar, afterhours fun. Camping and bunkhouse on dropzone, also nearby hotels. Easy to reach via Philadelphia (PHL) airport only 20 minutes away, we can pick you up at the airport (please contact me to help co-ordinate car-pools occuring on Wed and Thurs)

And - Yes - Event is Hetero-Friendly!
All skydivers are welcome...
Gay, lesbian, straight jumpers...
Jumpers still "in the closet" - including army guys (3 of whom I know as members of RainbowSkydivers) - can blend in anonymously with the straights, if need be!...
And non-parachuting spectators who just want to watch the parachute in the sky while having a drink at the tiki bar. Bring your friends!

* Website - www.RainbowSkydive.com

* Facebook Page for Rainbow Boogie 2009

* Facebook Page for RainbowSkydivers - Join if you are one!

*** Event is also hetero friendly -- all is welcome! ***
(Lots of us are straight-acting, and about half attending are actually straight, including good looking girls too!)

Please make sure to RSVP on Facebook and email if you're attending (especially if not on Facebook). I'm now starting to keep track of who's coming on which day, including for carpooling from the PHL airport.

(You can be anonymous if you wish, and just blend in the dropzone. Two in the closet have PM'd about it. Generally it's no big deal, as was our experience at the last Rainbow Boogie.)

The calendar is shaping up at the moment. Still talking to Liz Mann. Tentatively, it looks like the following:

Thursday Aug 6
- Meet & Greet for the early arrivals
- General fun jumping
- (Possible night jump date)

Friday Aug 7
- General fun jumping (freefly/rw/crw/etc groups)
- Freefall flag or tube jump (under discussion)
- Possible hoop jump or hybrid jump (under discussion)
- (Alternate possible night jump date)

Saturday Aug 8 (the busy day!)
- General fun jumping (freefly/rw/crw/etc groups)
- GAY WAY WORLD RECORD Attempts (12 to 15 way)
- Flag jump -- with the rainbow flag. That's for our DVD!
- End of day, possible mixed 2-plane big way jump or two (hetero+gay) for those with appropriate skill level
- Confirmed hangar party/dance planned
- Photo shoot in front of the big 8 foot rainbow 12-way logo (optional)
- BBQ meal

Sunday Aug 9
- Raindate for some of the above
- General fun jumping (small freefly/rw/crw/etc groups)
- Hoop jump -- the hoop is rainbow-taped
- Goodbyes (some leave early to catch the plane, etc)

We were hoping to also have a wingsuit instructor (and I was personally hoping to do my first wingsuit jump too!), but currently that's up in the air right now, since I was informed the wingsuit instructor had left the dropzone. However, if we find a replacement, I'll update this thread. (There will be some experienced birds at the dropzone, if you're an experienced wingsuiter...)

Economy is tough for some. If you're only able to attend during the weekend, come anyway! Also, remember this event is hetero-friendly (the only gay exclusive jumps are a few jumps involving the gayway world record attempts), so bring your friends.

Attendance on Facebook has risen to 37
(that would be the Saturday peak, some are coming only during the weekend). This includes the straight ones so far.

Right now it's looking good for a 12-to-15-way gayway World record, and possibly 40-way mixed formation (Saturday afternoon and later). So yes you heard me right -- 40-way formations should be possible if there's enough skill on the dropzone. The pilots, the big way organizer (Tim) and the planes are available, we just need the skill. Not to mention the big hangar party on Saturday night!

Also, we do need a videographer or two (can be straight). PM me, if you're interested. Rainbow Boogie is covering video slots.

Copy of facebook broadcast to attendees

This is a big Rainbow Boogie 2009 update!
Rainbow Boogie is NEXT weekend, Thu August 6th through Sun August 9th!

....Specialty Experienced Jumps
Tailgate Skyvan, Super Otters, Multiple Caravans, for the experienced skydivers...! Hoop jump, rainbow freefly tube, 5-foot flag jump, rainbow streamer jumps, hybrid jump is planned. Mixed freefly jumps. We will also have 4-way jumps for the A-license and other lowtimers. There will be many firsts for many people, for the appropriately skilled. We will also invent new jumps too!

....First Jumps and Spectators
If you are doing your first jump, make sure you reserve your Tandem Jump at Skydive Cross Keys, by calling 856-629-7553, say "I am a Rainbow Supporter" to qualify for the $175 SPECIAL! We recommend you jump Saturday August 8th so you can stay to celebrate your first jump at the PARTY on Saturday evening! Also, spectators, spouses, ground-rooted friends, boyfriends and girlfriends are welcome including for Saturday's dance and dinner!

....Gayway World Record Attempts
I, Mark, will be organizing the "Gay Way" Skydive World Record attempts. We are now up to 12 qualified jumpers for Gay Way World Record, and are aiming for 15 qualified jumpers. Please be ready at the dropzone at 9:00am Saturday. We will be practice-jumping the 4-way base first, as this is where I will jump along with some of the less experienced jumpers.

....Saturday Aug 8th Afternoon BIG WAYS!
Good news! Tim of Skydive Niagara is coming down to Cross Keys to help organize. He can organize two-plane formations. If the skills are available on the dropzone, we may to conduct few 30-way or 40-way fun-jumps! (not gay specific) We will have a sign-up list at the dropzone on Thursday, if you already have big way experience, sign up, so we can collect enough names for Saturday big ways. Prior Big Way experience, such as Perris P3 or Guy Wright, is extremely strongly recommended.

....Night Jump on WED Aug 5th and FRI Aug 7th!!!!
Optional night jump now on BOTH Wednesday and Friday! You must have a B license minimum. You must do at least one jump the day of the night jump. Safety briefing will be provided by the dropzone. Please study the SIM section on night jumping ( http://www.uspa.org/SIM.aspx ). If you jump heavy loaded gear, please rent lightly-loaded dropzone gear and sunset-jump it, to ensure familiarity.

....Saturday Aug 8th Evening Festivities!!!!!!!!
Everyone is welcome, including non-skydivers and first-jumpers, to the festivities of Saturday August 8th, 2009.

....Saturday CATERED DINNER
The cost is planned $15 TBA, Liz Mann is working on this catered dinner.

....Saturday HANGAR DANCE BLAST!
Cross Keys is famous for some of the best airplane-hangar parties in the East. They have kitted out with party lighting and a DJ is playing music for us! (Feel free to bring some extra music, just in case)

....Saturday BEST HAT CONTEST
Bring your craziest headwear: funny tophat, funky cap, leather hat, decorated helmet, or any ridiculous headwear -- and wear it for the BEST HAT CONTEST. Prizes are awarded too, including Rainbow Boogie logo T-Shirts and patches (provided by me), among other prizes Cross Keys are contributing. We will then use your best hat to pull the winning ticket for a 50/50 draw - proceeds go towards boogie costs. (We're doing this instead of the registration fee -- no registration fees for this boogie!!!)

....Video Editing Skills Needed
We'll be capturing gay way, flag jumps, specialty jumps, hangar banquet, hangar dance, and more. We are looking for someone who can edit all the videos to create the ultimate Rainbow Boogie 2009 DVD! If you want to work on this, message me and let me know.

....Accomodations Reminder
Free camping is available on the dropzone, or use these hotels:
Best Western (skydiver discount) - 856-340-7900
Howard Johnson - 856-228-4040
Econo Lodge - (856) 262-8400
Red Carpet Inn - 856-768-5353

....Arrivals
Some of us are doing a sunset jump on Wednesday August 5th (7 people total), gradually increasing to a peak of approximately 40 people on Saturday August 8th. I know some of you can only arrive on the weekend, but definitely try NOT to MISS Saturday!
[This is the facebook-registered boogie rsvp's, excludes the regular dropzone population -- probably could exceed 100 total when combining with a good good Saturday dropzone population!]

....Unable to Attend?
You are receiving this message because you selected "Attending" on the Rainbow Boogie page at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=63558383936 .... To stop these messages, please change your status to "Not Attending".

i am not very current and do not have health insurance at the the time so i may fly down for the day or spend a night with my old lady just to take in the sights.will the tiki bar be open all day or after the last load lands? let me know so i can plan ahead

blue skies.

i am not very current and do not have health insurance at the the time so i may fly down for the day or spend a night with my old lady just to take in the sights.will the tiki bar be open all day or after the last load lands? let me know so i can plan ahead
blue skies.

The dropzone is a full service dropzone, and the cafe is open all day. I think the booze starts flowing after the last load, but you can call Skydive Cross Keys at www.skydivecrosskeys.com at 856-629-7553 to doublecheck. Look forward to seeing you.

Most Rainbow Boogie attendees are corresponding with me on Facebook, but I understand 10% prefer not to register on Facebook, so just PM me or email me at rainbowskydive[at]gmail.com (If you consider yourself a Rainbow Skydiver -- you should join the RainbowSkydivers Facebook Group to keep tabs on future Rainbow Boogies and RainbowSkydivers reunions too!)