RoamingDZ.com

Bigway Skills Camp:Skydive The Farm: July 25th-26th

Come hone your RW skills in preperation for the Georgia State RW record that is slated for attempt at the 2010 St.Patricks Day Celebration Boogie in Fitzgerald,Ga. March 18th-21st.

Fortson Rumble and Jack Donavan will be coming up to lead this camp.I will let them post details about the camp.Fortson and Jack are both World Team members.

We are looking for a local video person who would be able to shoot video for up to 20 ways. There will be a small fee TBA to help with packjobs for the organizers and video person. I may even come out of video retirement to help out with this.

Edit: I was contacted by Jennifer Jones,she has volunteered to work with some of the younger jumpers who would like to attend. She has been on many bigways,is a World Team member and will be on The Jump for the Cause in September.

RoamingDZ.com,Proud sponsor of
The Rack(v.2.0)National Hanging Out Tour.
You are coming to the St.Patricks Boogie right??

Oh yeah, If you don't intend on being on the record but would like to sit in on the camp that will be fine. We will get someone to organize for the younger jumpers too.

RoamingDZ.com,Proud sponsor of
The Rack(v.2.0)National Hanging Out Tour.
You are coming to the St.Patricks Boogie right??

Yeah, I'm in for this definitely. If everything goes right for me I see me having a chance at being on the record. This is after more than a few trips down to Deland to play with Carl's group this fall/winter.

Thanks to who ever made this possible!!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Hey all,

If your interested in coming to the camp PLEASE PM me your real name, number of jumps, number of jumps in the last 6 months, if your interested in a slot for the record. Everyone is welcome though. Hopefully the weather will play nice and we can do between 5-7 jumps.

Bring weights, (if you have them) and a baggy shirt. This will be my first trip to the farm and I am really looking forword to it.

Fortson
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Hell don't apologies, come on down to Georgia. :-P I read your post often and enjoy the excitement you have about big ways. As you do more and more you'll meet more people!

Fortson

Hey all,

Just thought it might help to get the selection process out here for the folks that want a slot on the Georgia State record event.

There seems to perhaps be some confusion. Currently the plane captains are Fortson Rumble, Jack Donovan and Ken Stone. Carl Daughtry will be the supreme commander, and head axe man Everyone else will need two of the other plane captains to sign them off to get a slot.

While our number one goal will always be safety we are hopping to complete this record in three attempts and then enjoy the rest of the boogie.

Having 1,000 jumps over 10 yrs and nothing larger than a 22 way in the last 5 years isn’t going to be as impressive as someone with 400 jumps, and real current, that the plane captains know.

So if you’re interested in a slot on the record please come out to one of the camps. We have three people from the Americus camp that will be attending the Farm camp. We need to get to know you and your skill levels. The cost is almost nothing, we will ask the group to pay for the pack jobs of the people putting on the camp and video. ($10 or so) Maybe a beer at the end of the day.

If I had to guess I’d say there are 20 slots available for the record attempt

The Farm camp is limited to twenty people, we have 10 or more firm now.

If you have any question please feel free to PM me and I’ll be glad to answer any questions I can.

Fortson Rumble
Chief cat herder in charge

Hey all,

We have 5-7 slots left, so if you KNOW your coming send me your:

Name
Total jumps
Total jumps last six months
Largested completed formation
E-mail address other than here

Rule number one of real big ways, don't grab a slot if you just THINK your coming, hold off for asking for one till you KNOW.

Any questions PM me or ask it here, other's prob have the same question

Have a safe 4th!

Fortson

Never a dump question.

Here's somehting that doesn't get talked about a lot.

Going out "last" At one time or another people fall in love with "last out" and that's fine but organizers know a pretty good secret. It's also the easiest slot. Period, by far. Yous till need to soft dock, but the action takes place in the middle. you approach (in the middle) with people in front of you, right and left of you and of course behind you.

BUT what about the long dive?? Surely that's a big skill. Naaaa. You have to have your middle people come in fast BUT with control - remember there's people all around you. But nothing happens till the middle is built. In most case the late diver's hang out and wait for the formation to build.

Local big ways have longer dives for late divers than (in most cases) really big stuff (+100) but that is because we work real hard on emptying the plane FAST.

This might be a dumb question but what do you need baggy shirts for??

Seeing as both you and aardvarkeater should wear weights so those of us with "built in arches" can jump with you, of course you wouldn't understand what the baggy (long sleeve) shirts are for!!!! :D:P

I don't use a baggy shirt, I have baggy sleeves that go on over my jumpsuit arms, from the elbow to the wrist. It effectively does the same thing as a baggy shirt...adds drag and decreases fall rate. I don't want a baggy shirt getting in the way of my handles. Webbed gloves can help slow you down too.

But don't worry, you and Kyle should just stick to the weights. That's something I don't know very much about, because I've never have to use them! :D:):)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

This might be a dumb question but what do you need baggy shirts for??

For those that should be in the base but insist on going last.

:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...Going out "last" At one time or another people fall in love with "last out" and that's fine but organizers know a pretty good secret. It's also the easiest slot. Period, by far.

I get a good chuckle when I hear "Glory Slot".

I got a couple more "maybe" and a couple of "Hell, Yes!" this weekend. Whether they actually register for the slots is the question.

Gosh, this sounds like a lot of fun.

I will probably be at the farm on the 26th, but I don't think I have enough jumps to participate in this. :(

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Going out "last" At one time or another people fall in love with "last out" and that's fine but organizers know a pretty good secret. It's also the easiest slot. Period, by far. Yous till need to soft dock, but the action takes place in the middle. you approach (in the middle) with people in front of you, right and left of you and of course behind you.

I figured that out a long ago already. I'm reminding organizers I want to do early diver slots where I have to get to mny slot quick in the midst of red zone traffic. I've made my slot every time in the last 3 big way events but need to gain trust from organizers to be put into difficult slots. Got some fun stuff recently at Chicago 40-ways I did during the Independence Day weekend. First two big way sequentials was complete for the first two points. Then Guy Wright threw some difficult formations along our way. Our first attempt at a facing-diamond jewel formation spetacularly collapsed in a 39-way funnel after it was mostly complete due to different fall rates all throughout, and was able to evade being tumbled. In such events I fall slow upwards the tube (tunnel helped...) and being able to burble-compensate rather than sliding randomly under the formation struggling to fall slow like some people do). I am almost getting bored of being a late diver (last out or near last-out) -- LOL -- as I've been assigned that a lot. So I'm beginning to ask to challenge me with more difficult slots like speedy early diver slots. When I was assigned a no-contact-exit base slot, I was able to dive out of the door, and beat a couple of floaters to a 6-way base, in a smooth dock. I have almost doubled my jump numbers in 12 months (220+ jumps of currency in the last 12 month period from today), 75% of it at big way events -- and 6 hours of 4-way tunnel in the last 12 months -- really helps me here. Now if I could only win the lottery. I can't increase my jump numbers fast enough and exceed 1000 jumps by World Team 2011.[:/] .... Recent video debriefs in last few events nobody seems to be talking about me so I seem to be doing well. Despite my deafness I had been complimented that I have been successfully paying more attention to the dirt dives than many were. Even though I do make mistakes, I make relatively few to the point that people told me I was very rarely specifically mentioned in any video debrief. Maybe I'd think I'm at least a candidate for being one of the very few sub-1000 jumpers on the World Team (only 9 on the previous 400-way record); I figure that me being far more big way current than a 2000 jump tandem instructor or freeflier who only occasionally jumps bellyfly big ways. Even though I'm still a bad freeflyer though because of my large focus on RW -- I am not 100% neglecting other kinds of jumps -- did a freefly jump today, and an accuracy landing (stomped the center peas disc today... making sure I still have those accuracy skills that may degrade if I only do bigways where I cannot practice accuracy -- for those backyard sized landings -- I've done one already). Trying to keep skilled in other areas to keep me well rounded, even including an occasional beginner CRW practice jump too. And learning from any big mistakes I do in any kind of jump. I try, I try...

Anyway, it was a spectacular weekend of 40-way jumps with Guy Wright in Chicago. I'll be back at the end of the month, even just to hang out (as a near-local friend of mine is coming here, and can carpool with him) -- the 100-way sequential is full, but who knows -- maybe a slot will open up!

...Going out "last" At one time or another people fall in love with "last out" and that's fine but organizers know a pretty good secret. It's also the easiest slot. Period, by far.

I get a good chuckle when I hear "Glory Slot".

I had a good number of those back in the late 90's/early 2000's. It was the only way I could insure I'd get outta the fucking plane uninjured!!! :D

I'll try showing up for a few fun jumps that weekend but I will not do the big way camp jumps. Ain't no way I can get all the rust out of my system this year.

I was gonna come out this past Sunday but the weather looked like shit and I was dead tired from staying up til 3 am most nights with the baby. I know, excuses excuses, but the skies will still be there later.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban