ryan_d_sucks

Living in Nashville, nowhere to jump.

Anyone live in Nasvhille? If so, where do you jump? I just moved here and my jumping career is suffering because of it. It seems like there are no DZ's less than 2 hours away.. I really can't afford to make a 2 hour drive multiple times a weekend, so if I went out I would need to stay/ camp out at the DZ.

So if you live in the Nashville area, where do you go jump? Do people camp out/crash at the DZ? And finally, what kind of plane are you jumpin?

Appreciate any help...

You could go to Clarksville, oh wait, they are shut down aren't they? :) Come to Cullman, camping and showers, good vibes. Curley is having a pool party Saturday night. Then there is Mullins - free jumps if you are a coach. Plenty of camping area and showers and good vibes there as well. Not to mention that plane. B|

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

This is one of the reasons I moved to Atlanta. Skydive Alabama, 2 hours away, you can throw up a tent or sleep in the hangar.

If youre going to drive 2 hours, you may as well drive 4 hours and stay all weekend at The Farm. This is probably more of the scene you're looking for.

i'm from jsut north of nashville and i go to cullman. they'v got a king air and a cesna. pretty cool folks i must say. i will be makin some trips around tho. if u want pm me and we'l carpool sumtime. i'm broke as a project window so i need as much help as possible.

Hey Ryan. I went to Skydive Alabama last time i jumped when i was home. The ride is slightly less than 2hrs and the people are really cool. I forget what they fly...King air maybe. You can crash there. When i went everyone was going to someone's house to party and get in the hot tub but I couldn't stay the night :( Definitely good times!

Does this mean you won't be around for "THE" Boogie?? We're gonna have to find someone else's canopy to search for in the corn fields all day long! :P

Why did the Clarksville DZ close so soon? Didn't they just open a few months ago?

They opened about a year ago. The details are murky, but I think you can find out on the What Can We Do About Skyride II thread in GSD. This is the 3rd airport these guys have had to leave in the last 3 years, so you make of it what you will.

Skydive Alabama is a good place to go. Great vibes.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Dude! You HAVE to jump at Mike Mullen's dropzone. When I was working in Nashville, that's where I went. Plane is AWESOME, people are AWESOME, camping/showers are CLEAN...etc. I was SO impressed when I found that place. It's a drive from Nashville for sure, but DEF. worth it!

People there are SUPER experienced, super cool...infact, I just met someone who was jumping at Skydive Elsinore last weekend from there!

Crystal
-Crystal

Definitely West Tennessee Skydiving in Whiteville, TN. I currently live in Nashville and drive to WTS pretty much every weekend to jump. You can't beat jumping out of a Mike's King Air with only a 7 minute ride to 14,500! Plus, the skydivers, instructors, landing area, and facilities are the best. Tons of people come out and stay for the weekend and sleep in the heated/air conditioned hanger. When you have all this to look forward to, it makes the 2 3/4 hour drive well worth it! It is definitely my home away from home!
"We make a living by what we do, but we make a life by what we give."

hey there ryan, you left a blue skys, black death!! note on my car last night..? dunno what black death means... but i go to ASC almost every weekend. i jump @ the farm too, and have a few friends that all ride together often. it is a bit of a drive, but chattanooga is a great break for food/ beers, and breaks the trip up. i know ASC has all sorts of negative reputation, but as a fun-jumper, i really dont have any problem going where i want~ both the farm and ASC are flying otters, and both are very accommodating for camping, partying, and learnig... i have been to mullins place a few times, and it is really great too. there is yet another AST in waverly now, flying a king air. its only about an hour from town, but only open on the weekends... hit me up if you want 615.207.2665, aaron.

hey there ryan, you left a blue skys, black death!! note on my car last night..? dunno what black death means... but i go to ASC almost every weekend. i jump @ the farm too, and have a few friends that all ride together often. it is a bit of a drive, but chattanooga is a great break for food/ beers, and breaks the trip up. i know ASC has all sorts of negative reputation, but as a fun-jumper, i really dont have any problem going where i want~ both the farm and ASC are flying otters, and both are very accommodating for camping, partying, and learnig... i have been to mullins place a few times, and it is really great too. there is yet another AST in waverly now, flying a king air. its only about an hour from town, but only open on the weekends... hit me up if you want 615.207.2665, aaron.

I may not be an aircraft expert, but I am pretty sure the plane in this video that apparantly being used in Waverly is a C-206, not a King Air. The last I heard, their King Air is still sitting at Clarksville waiting for a new engine or some kind of major repair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkJkwGE5yk4
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

hahahaha Dude- that is badass! So that was your car outside in the Jackson's parking lot? Right on! My problem though is that I usually only have 1 day of the weekend to jump, so I usually can't commit to such long drive. But I will definitely hit you up.

That all depends on if someone wants to give Cary C. their money to further sponsor his scam....
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

west tenn skydiving has an awsume kingair and great people. Its a bit of a drive but if your going for the weekend it a great dz on a private airport with a pool. They have belly flyers, freeflyers ,and swoopers. They also have some great boogies. I love the halloween boogie Mike throws.