Kusi

Dropzone "The ranch" accommodations?

Hi "the Ranch - Skydivers" and others :-)

We (my girlfriend and me) are from Switzerland and we are going to visit the ranch in the USA (we are both licensed skydivers).
The time will be at September 1st – 8th 2009.

Now we are looking for accommodation-possibilities in this week.
Do you have any proposals on the dropzone/village??

We only need a bed and a shower :ph34r: If it's available we can use a share-room (like dormitories) on the dropzone -> That’s will be nice! :D

Thanks for hints and sorry for my bad English B|

Greetings
Kevin

P.S. I also sent an email to this address ([email protected]) but I'm not sure if they still current (no answer received).

well its the 'Ranch' --- so most people camp out .... if thats not your cup of tea ... there are a couple hotels in New Paltz (the neighboring town) and then you could also look up Bed and breakfast in the gardiner NY area

have a blast --- the ranch is my old home

blue skies!!!

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

Sweet more Swiss people, that will make 4 of us! You should bring some Fondue!

Just buy a tent at Walmart. Costs 40$, then get a nice blow up mattress (20$) and two sleepings bags ($20 each).

Just camp out. Best thing about it is you can just pass out without having to drive somewhere in the evening and you get woken up by the sweet sound of a twin turbine being started!

First: Thanks for the answers. I think, it's the best and cheapest way to hang around on the ranch with a tent.. and take the "shower" in the swoop pond :)

Hausse: You wrote something about 2 other swiss people. What do you mean? You are also from switzerland or other skydivers from switzerland will make holiday there?

I will bring fondue for more cool hints :D haha

hey you guys could have fondue while in freefall and set a world record .... ;)

just playing --- i am just jealous --- i need a ranch fix soon...

but camping is the way to go, esp if you can find a platform out back but you could also take a mosqito front .... i mean waterfront view with the pond...

We have what I consider really nice showers at the Ranch and bathrooms. Although it would be entertaining, there's no need to "shower" in the swoop pond.

Be warned though, once you come here for a nice long week, you may never want to leave.

Ask Billy... How's Baltimore man?!

I was at The Ranch for the New York Premier Sequentials, and I camped under the willow tree by the swoop pond. There's the forest too, if you don't mind bears. ;)

I showered at the showers; they aren't bad at all, just the water comes from a well and is a little earthy but not too bad. They are nice compared to showers I've seen at other dropzones.

they are premier outdoor alaskan showers .... i mean you can not get that experience anywhere else .... otters taking off/landing and canopies opening up above you ....

but as i would suggest to anybody that is showering in a public shower --wear your flipflops ;)

Hausse: You wrote something about 2 other swiss people. What do you mean? You are also from switzerland or other skydivers from switzerland will make holiday there?

I will bring fondue for more cool hints :D haha

Yeah I'm Swiss (just moved to the US 2.5 years ago) and one of the swooper chicks is too!

I DO like the idea of a Free Fall Fondue Eating record!

The showers are AWESOME! It's the perfect way to finish a day of jumping with a hot shower and a six pack of beers while doing it!

I'll be in Switzerland in July, where do you jump?

Ok, it sounds nice about the showers. But I think, that's not of capital importance ;)

Important for us is the way to sleep in the night.
(rainy nights for example will be very uncomfortable ...)

What about lockboxes? Because we are not only there for skydiving (only this week) :P

Stephan: That's cool. My home dropzone is Triengen. But Beromünster is also a great place. You know, Switzerland is small. Where you will be exactly? What's your language (french, italy, swiss-german)? I hope the last one, otherwise we have to speak in english :D

Nah rainy nights are awesome if you have at least a half way decent tent. I stayed in mine for a long time last summer and didn't get wet once.

There are lockboxes but they are all reserved. I wouldn't be to worried though. I had my rig just in the hangar for over a month and had no problems what so ever. If you really want to lock it up you can always ask Manifest or put it in someones car.

Ich bin von zwischen Dietikon und Bremgarten. Spreche schweizer Deutsch!