busybob25

How to get to perris from LA airport

Hi flying in from england to LA internation but on a domestic from chicago in July. Does anyone know if a bus goes to or near perris form teh airport or what websites I can use to plab a route via buses or tubes. The dz didnt have any information on public transport

Cheers
Blue skie

what websites I can use to plab a route via buses or tubes.

No tubes in America. We just talk about building them and spend millions on reports about building them.

No tubes in America! NewYork, Chicago (elevated train), even LosAngeles has a tube. It is very short, but it is a tube...:D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

You can also rent a SuperShuttle.com to Perris for about $108 .... We did that for 4 of us for a previous big way event, and the cost went down to $33 per person. ($100 + $8 per person)

For the return trip, I just carpooled with other event attendees. If you're attending a major event at Perris that's well attended by internationals, you may be able to simply ask around for a ride, too.

There are other options, but this was the easiest way to avoid a car. Just so you know!

>No tubes in America. We just talk about building them and spend millions
>on reports about building them.

Hey, we got tubes all over! Even San Diego has (one) 'tube stop' - and a pretty good light rail system.

Back to the original question, there will soon be a Metrolink station in Perris. So the way to get there from LAX will be green line to blue line to Riverside metrolink. Unfortunately it won't open for about six months.

>COOL!

It will be cool for a little while, but I suspect it will also (sadly) mean the end of Perris as a DZ. One of the stations is planned on Case Rd near the sewage treatment plant - which means that the Conatsers will be sitting on a few hundred acres of land within walking distance of a commuter train to LA.

If that happens, someone's going to offer them a truly insane amount of money for that land. As in enough money to move the DZ somewhere else, build out a new manifest/bomb shelter/team room row etc and still have a lot left over.

what websites I can use to plab a route via buses or tubes.

No tubes in America. We just talk about building them and spend millions on reports about building them.

The SoCal basin is a particularly challenging environment in which to design a transit system. It lacks the centralization of most cities, is dramatically larger (100x100 miles), and has some pretty substantial hills and mountains. Plus earthquakes, and a lot of natural gas underground. It's 86 miles from LAX to Perris - I'm amazed there will be a metro solution by next year.

I think the best answer is to make friends and get a lift. After that, the super shuttle option.

>COOL!

It will be cool for a little while, but I suspect it will also (sadly) mean the end of Perris as a DZ. One of the stations is planned on Case Rd near the sewage treatment plant

Really? Very interesting. With all the loss of houses in the area (Perris #1 and Elsinore #2 in California) it's amazing that infrastructure such as this is still in the plan.

- which means that the Conatsers will be sitting on a few hundred acres of land within walking distance of a commuter train to LA.

If that happens, someone's going to offer them a truly insane amount of money for that land. As in enough money to move the DZ somewhere else, build out a new manifest/bomb shelter/team room row etc and still have a lot left over.

Or....Melanie will get her wish and actually get her Air-Park with all the goodies she's dreamed about! . . . Plus excellent transportation to bring the throngs out from LA to play! At our current (but upgraded) DZ.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

>COOL!

It will be cool for a little while, but I suspect it will also (sadly) mean the end of Perris as a DZ. One of the stations is planned on Case Rd near the sewage treatment plant - which means that the Conatsers will be sitting on a few hundred acres of land within walking distance of a commuter train to LA.

The Conatsers deserve such good luck. I still can't believe they actually bought and flew a DC 9 as a jumpship. Bet they spent over 100x of the revenue that plane has generated. Truly insane FAA regs that time out the engines on calendar time will mean even more huge expenses. They have invested heavily in skydiving which has got to have some of the lowest returns and highest risks of any sport facility investment one could make.

I just hope they don't lose their taste for being DZOs when they win the high speed rail land lottery.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

>No tubes in America. We just talk about building them and spend millions
>on reports about building them.

Hey, we got tubes all over! Even San Diego has (one) 'tube stop' - and a pretty good light rail system.

Back to the original question, there will soon be a Metrolink station in Perris. So the way to get there from LAX will be green line to blue line to Riverside metrolink. Unfortunately it won't open for about six months.

Really? That rocks!!!

Really? That rocks!!!

Second that! I've been to five Perris camps and never rent a car for any of them.