chuckakers

Skyfest 2009 to Feature TeXXas 20-ways!!

Skyfest 2009 to Feature TeXXas 20-ways!

Sound fun?

I’ll be organizing TeXXas 20-ways at Skyfest Wednesday through Friday. I will be using formations from the old TeXXas 20-way competitions as well as others that are fun and very do-able. J says he has some TeXXas patches too.

In addition to giving qualified jumpers a chance to do some solid 20-ways, these jumps will also be warm-ups for the weekend big-ways and pink patch Ladies TeXXas 20-way jumps, so plan on making some jumps with us.

Also looking for a competent videographer.

If you are attending Skyfest and are interested in getting on these loads, e-mail me. I am putting load one together now. Dirt dive Wednesday at 8am.

Let’s boogie.

Chuck
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

What kind of experience, qualifications, jump #s are you looking for?

Good question, Michelle.

Jump #'s aren't nearly as important as qualifications. I will be looking for people who have the skill to perform on 20-ways, nothing more, nothing less. If you have several successful 16 to 20-ways under your belt you will likely be fine. If you feel you have the skills but have been limited by your home DZ's aircraft capacity or talent pool, you will be considered. These jumps will be basic in structure and not complicated from an individual perspective, but the idea is to progress the talent to have some pretty hot skydives by the end of the effort, so folks will be asked to bow out if they are holding back the group.

Since these jumps are also intended to identify talent for the weekend big-ways and ladies 20-ways, I will be giving new folks a try in the early stages. They will have earn their position to stay.

The idea is to produce fun 20-ways and slowly increase the level of play. You don't need to be hot - just consistent and in your slot.

For yourself and others interested in getting on, please PM me or e-mail [email protected] with your qualifications.

Does that help?
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

What kind of experience, qualifications, jump #s are you looking for?

Your qualified, especially in the female category;):P:o
see J turn and run.............

Folks, these are really fun formations! They are a great chance to push yourself and make that "leap" to bigger ways in a "controlled" environment. No really I mean it!
While they are 20 ways they are also "low pressure" dives.
So give it a try!!