buckywaldorf

Need coach near Davis CA: can pay beer/lodging!

Hey all, I just moved to Davis and I live less than 10 minutes from Skydance. I did 5 AFF jumps at Taft and I love the DZ but it's pretty far from home now!
I can do my last 2 AFF jumps at Skydance but I'll be pretty broke after that.
After lurking on this site a bit I've gotten the impression that there are enough experienced jumpers and coaches in the community that it's possible for me to make it to my A license without selling any of my less vital organs on the black market!
This gives me hope. Although I value the possible help I may get tremendously, I don't have actual cash to exchange... I can however offer a) beer, considered by some to be more valuable than actual money. Who am I to argue? And b) a possible place to stay near the DZ (contingent on wife's approval/feeling she won't be murdered by you).
Hope to hear back soon, I would happily jump tomorrow if the opportunity presents itself...

I am an instructor at Skydance and just wanted to welcome you to the area and the dz. After you finish with your AFF jumps, technically I think you only need two actual coach jumps. Coach jumps aren't really that expensive, especially when you factor in cost of doing all the jumps and renting gear. So if an extra 90 bucks is going to force you to sell your organs, you might want to pick a less expensive hobby.
Here's what I would suggest for every new jumper: hang out around the dz with other jumpers after sunset, especially on weekends. Get to know people and make friends. You never know, someone might offer you a free coach jump (you'll still probably have to cover their slot). You might also what to consider learning to pack as its an easy way to pick up some extra jump money. Lots of people do that.
PS bringing beer and sharing it with other jumpers is always a great way to start.

Thanks, maybe I'll see you at Skydance. My brother got me this far as a birthday present so I haven't really had to confront the financial side of the sport. Hopefully I can exchange with a coach on the forum, I'm the only one working with my wife in school so cash is particularly tight. That doesn't include the hundred-plus thousand bucks we're borrowing for tuition, lol!
I spent 3 years doing nothing but race bicycles and now I teach high performance motorcycle riding. In both areas I've happily given my time to people getting into the sport. I really enjoyed seeing their improvement and expanding the culture and community of the sports I love. I'm hoping to run into a like-minded individual, someone who loves being an ambassador for the sport that I can hook up with a convenient place to stay and some quality beer that I brewed that's probably totally safe to drink.

On any given weekend day, there are almost always a few coaches at the DZ. Like Jeff said, finish your AFF and hangout at the DZ after sunset. Meet the regulars and you should have no problems finding someone to help out. Hell, I have been know to actually take my wingsuit off and do a coach jump once in a while.:o

Welcome to the DZ.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Thanks man, that sounds awesome. I got that vibe a lot at Taft and I really enjoyed just chilling after the day was over, having a few beers. PM me if you're a picky drinker and I'll be sure to bring your favorite barley sandwich.

Imagine that you're trying to pick up a high school girl. Think about what you'd bring her. Then bring that for monkycndo. :D If it's sweet and /or comes with an umbrella, he'll be happy.

Another Skydance regular here. See ya around. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I teach high performance motorcycle riding

Offer to trade some of that. Plenty of guys who jump and ride, and I'm sure one of them has a coach rating and would like to sharpen up their riding skils.

At racetracks. I'd be happy to consider it. Sears Pt/Infineon is closest, Laguna is nice too.

I jump at Skydance also and I can do coach jumps with you for sufficiently awesome high-fives and my slot if I like you. And luckily it's easy for me to like people, so if you're not a total asshole, we should be fine.

One thing though, I fall fast, so it does depend on your body/arch whether or not I can do coach jumps with you. If you're long and skinny or a floater, then unfortunately it wouldn't work out. In that case I can do your hop and pops :P

I am usually there Saturdays or Sundays. I'm easy to spot. Just follow the purple.

When the hell did this become "Pick on Monkey Day"?

So let me get a few things straight.

Yes, I like girly drinks. That just means more beer for the rest of you. You're welcome. No one ever says thankyou.:|

Roofie Colada, that is fucking funny. Might have to steal that.

Remi, I can pull off a corsage. Don't be hatin'.

Sorry, I'm taken. Save the limo for someone who will put out for a nice ride.

Sorry, I'm taken, Remi is just jealous that he has no chance.

Bucky, show up at the DZ, introduce yourself and enjoy the peeps who jump there. No need to give up an organ. But sharing the wife might be fun.:) Just don't tell my girlfriend. Good thing she doesn't visit this website.:D

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity