jumpingjunkie81

Where's the Summerfest Thread?

Bumping this up.. its not too far off! Going to try to make this boogie.. and I'd love to do some organized RW jumps. Ideally.. I'd like to find a group of less than 15 to learn some big way skills with. Theres a GA record attempt coming up next year.
But really I'll do whatever as long as its fun and I'm learning something. :)

It sounds like Rhythm will be organizing as well, they like to help out. They've given us lots of help, and so have the Furies.
That's too bad about the foam pit Andy, that was way more fun than I thought it would be.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I will be at Summerfest too! Can't wait! Thinking Tuesday or Wednesday through Sunday. Chicago is only about 4 or 5 hours from me, so kinda close to home. :D

Get here Monday night for the Toga party. You won't won't to miss it.
--
Andy Ussach
Team Dirty Sanchez Ex-Vice President #38
Explosivo Rodriguez #1385, Muff Brother #3503, "Woody" Hellfish #646

I am flying into MDW Jul 23rd around 22:30. I have to rent a car but if anyone needs a ride then let me know.

I have a room booked at the Holiday Inn for Jul 23rd - Aug 1st. I have to work in it each morning till about lunch time before I can have fun, so I am happy to share for a reduced amount but not to ANIMAL! I don't need half the rate but whatever you can spare. PM me if interested.

Yak

I am flying into MDW Jul 23rd around 22:30. I have to rent a car but if anyone needs a ride then let me know.

I have a room booked at the Holiday Inn for Jul 23rd - Aug 1st. I have to work in it each morning till about lunch time before I can have fun, so I am happy to share for a reduced amount but not to ANIMAL! I don't need half the rate but whatever you can spare. PM me if interested.

Yak

I got someone, thanks!

Flying in from London for 6 days to wingsuit, freefly and novelty jumps. In Europe, we never get to throw anything out the plane other than ourselves, so I want to try some raft jumps etc.

Re jumpships, I see they have 4 Otters & 1 Skyvan. I’m told they’ll have balloons over the weekend and possibly some helicopters. Does anyone know what other specialty stuff they’ll have such as “Pitts Special” biplane jumps etc? The website says to keep checking back, but they never change it.

Also, would any of the SDC locals know if there is a helicopter school nearby where I could rent (self-fly hire) a R22 or R44 helicopter?
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

The reason it doesn't get changed is because they haven't actually been able to confirm specialty aircraft yet. I know they are working on getting the helicopter. They tried to get a balloon from last year but the number was disconnected and the e-mails were going unanswered so it was assumed he is out of business. I don't remember what was up with the Pitts. All this is from 2 weekends ago so the situation may have changed.

As for the helicopter school, I can't really help you with that one, sorry. There is an airport 20 miles away (by car) , Illinois Valley Regional Airport in Peru, IL. Whether there is anyone that rents helicopters I don't know.

Hey Skittles!

I will be bringing the Frenchwhore, Patrick with me when I come, he will draw Clint the Tall Slut from Rantoul. We will share our pup tent with Streaker from Superior, wi. We will hang out with Bubba at the Hellfish tent, and with Andy U! and a host of others!

Will you be organizing Deck Dives?

I doubt you will remember me, here is a pic to help!
See you at the Toga Party!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Flying in from London for 6 days to wingsuit, freefly and novelty jumps. In Europe, we never get to throw anything out the plane other than ourselves, so I want to try some raft jumps etc.

Re jumpships, I see they have 4 Otters & 1 Skyvan. I’m told they’ll have balloons over the weekend and possibly some helicopters. Does anyone know what other specialty stuff they’ll have such as “Pitts Special” biplane jumps etc? The website says to keep checking back, but they never change it.

Also, would any of the SDC locals know if there is a helicopter school nearby where I could rent (self-fly hire) a R22 or R44 helicopter?

Sun Aero Helicopters, in Lansing Illinois, rents 22's & 44's. They're only about a 45min-1hr drive from the DZ. Theres a place in Kankakee that rents a H269 & that's about a 1hr-1hr15min drive from the DZ

I will be there the 23rd-26th :) I cannot wait!

Rob!!!! ! I got excited til I saw when you will be there. I will be there the 29th - Aug 2.... :(

awww....that sucks :(
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

There's one at Lansing, Illinois (KIGQ) - but it's about 70 miles east along I80 from SDC. They also have a Jet Ranger but I'm not sure if they rent it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Maybe he is organizing the streaker parade around the tiki bar like last year! ;) I have pics I would never post :) but damn that chick was HOTT! :o:o

Was that the little Stripper Girl? My hubby got some good pics of her applying tats in a 'very special' area. And that ain't for after school tv!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]