untoldfox

Lodi - What time of the year is the best?

Trying to plan a trip down to Lodi from British Columbia Canada sometime next year.

Not to sure what time of the year to go. The summers up here are rocking, (may- Oct..) so I would like to head down when its the off season up here. how is Cali from Nov - May? and during those months when would be ideal to go? (ie. still warm with lots of loads all day..)

during those months how often do they put a plane up? Not sure if I should buy the 50 jumps, or pay per jump. can we get a good 6-7 jumps min a day if the weather is nice? depending on the loads we're planing on staying 5-7 days, so 50 jumps would really be pushing it I think, if we get a crappy day. also no refunds on the 50 jumps, so in the end you might spend more!..

I believe you can camp on the DZ?.. is there restaurants close by? for some breakfast or lunch? does the DZ have a club house with a stove and such?

Washrooms/ showers on site?

Any more info would be fantastic, thanks!

March-May are usually really good. Nov-Feb are kinda hit or miss weather wise.

There is the airport cafe right on the airport, and Galt and Lodi are kinda close for restaurants and such. Washrooms/showers on site. I believe there is a stove in the bunkhouse, but I'm not 100% positive.

As long as the weather is good you should almost always be able to get 6-7 jumps a day. As long as there is one tandem there Bill will typically put up a load. If you're staying 5-7 days make sure you are there for at least one weekend...you'll get more than 7 jumps a day then!

I'd say may>june are the 2 best months here in the central valley of CA... weather is dicey before and HOT between july and oct. But the heat doesnt bother me @ 120 MPH !! B| - nor under canopy. So, even the summer months are a blast!! Have a great trip.. you may also want to check out Davis/Skydance or Lincoln which are also in the area. blue skies/soft landings

If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

Thanks for the info!

I'm thinking we'll be heading down there next year around this time, maybe the end of April to ensure the weather will be nice.

Thursday - Monday is probably the ideal days to stay.

Whats a jump ticket at Davis/Skydance? what kind of planes do they have? is it a bigger/ more busy DZ then that of Lodi?

Thanks