Hille80

Emerald Coast Memorial Day Beach Boogie 2009

I'm officially IN.

Had to book a hotel one night to make the SO happy, but it's tent livin and jump jump jumpin' the rest of the time.

Oh, and there are still a few rooms available, you just have to be willing to pay $120+ for them :S ...

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

great picture... We might have enough to get a flock of 4 or 5 out over the ocean.

Did you have to wear floatation gear? We did not have to in Puerto Rico.

Yes, but you can wear it under your suit.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

You know the gang from Chester will be there. :)
If ya want an approx list of names, lemme know.

Seems to be a lot of us going. I'll be there.

Can you guys give me some information about this boogie? Everyone here calls it Florabama, but I'm assuming it's in Emerald City?

I mostly need an address to the actual DZ to put in a GPS so I'll know where the heck I'm going.

I'm trying to get in contact with a guy about getting in somewhere to stay, but does anyone have any second options? I'm assuming I can camp on the DZ, but I'm pretty heat intolerant and would rather have the option of being able to sleep. :P

Oh also another question I have is the requirements to jump on the beach. I've got 110 jumps, but no B license. I've passed the B license test, accuracies, had water training several years ago and all I need are the maneuvers (I've just been lazy about getting my B).

I don't have a flotation device, but maybe someone will let me borrow there's for a jump. ;)

I'm literally making this trip with about $400 to my name. Either I'm hard core or stupid.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Most of your answers are here: http://www.emeraldskydive.com/events.html

You'll have to take your license issues up with the wonderful DZOs. Accommodations are the tricky part, but if I read correctly, it looks like Sletzer just freed up one hotel room. There's usually some flotation gear for sale or rent.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Everyone here calls it Florabama, but I'm assuming it's in Emerald City?

Emerald Coast Skydiving Center

I mostly need an address to the actual DZ to put in a GPS

Horak Airport Hwy 95 Elberta, AL.

I'm assuming I can camp on the DZ,

Camping is free and there are showers.

I've got 110 jumps, but no B license. I've passed the B license test, accuracies, had water training several years ago and all I need are the maneuvers (I've just been lazy about getting my B).

Call Becky 251-986-5618 and see if they will let you. They have to be strict because of liability issues at The FloraBama.

I don't have a flotation device, but maybe someone will let me borrow there's for a jump.

Plan on buying it at the DZ. about $45.00. Everyone is usually using theirs.

Either I'm hard core or stupid.

Hardcore is always better than stupid
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

That would be nice. :|
8 1/2 more hrs of work before I can go home and pack.

25 hours of work + 2 hours of air travel + 3 hrs of airport time + 6.5 hrs of road tripping
Divided by /
The 58 hours between 10 am Tuesday and 8pm Thursday
+ Exiting an airplane over the Gulf with only my wits and reflexes to protect me.
=
What could go wrong? :S:ph34r:

OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

ALEX WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR VISIT.... LET THE PARTY BEGIN WOO-HOOO:)PS
I WISH INGA COULD'VE CAME, WERE JUST GONNA HAVE TO DRUNK DAIL HER
.... WAIT I DONT KNOW WHY IM TYPING THIS I THINK YOU GUYS SHOULD BE LANDING IN AN HOUR

Thought that I would peek in and see who all is coming into town this weekend..

You guys treat our dz good! Wish I would be there to welcome you all... I will be out of town with family. But I know that you all will do it up good!

Have a very fun and safe holiday weekend!

Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

Wish I could've made it out there, but I'll definately be there next year! I got NC for my next duty station, so I'll be all over the place come October.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Thanks to David Fender I had a place to stay and had a great time.

Great DZ. Great staff. Loved it. Will be back next year!

RastaRicanAir is one funny dude.

What a crazy weekend. I ended up splitting my head open hitting my head on a refrigerator door. Another of us got a concussion from a golf cart accident.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan