soybeanmike

Moving to Hackettstown, NJ. Need a new DZ

Hey everybody, I'll be moving to Hackettstown, NJ very soon and would like some insight into which DZ should be my new home. I come from a small cesna dz- Archway Skydiving in Vandalia, IL.

I currently have 231 jumps with a coach rating. All of my jumps are RW and don't have much freefly experience. I'd like to be on a 4 way team this season.

I've looked at the Blue Sky Ranch, Sky's the Limit, and Skydive Philadelphia. Any comments about those DZ and/or any suggestions?

Blue skies and soft openings.

Mike

How about Keystone Skydiving Center.... Collegeville, PA :)
This is a very heavily teaching oriented DZ, working with students and helping them on up through getting instructor ratings themselves. The other DZO is a coach course director and does some work with AFF I courses as well.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Sorry to hear you ended up in Hackettstown,..lol I live here. Your choices are as follows:

1. Skys the Limit Stroudsburg, PA 30 Min Away
2. Ranch Gardiner, NY 1.5 hours away
3. Cross Keys Williamstown, NJ 2 hours away
4. Skydive Sussex 45 away
5. Skydive Long Island 2 Hours away
6. Jersey Shore 2 Hours away

The closet DZ is Skys The Limit, they have an otter and are open 7 days a week. Probably will be your best bet. PM me for more insight....

Sorry, I had no clue where Hackettstown was, it's a haul from Collegeville, PA. However, I do have a lot of jumps at Sky's the Limit too, and during the week have been known to take some of my own students up there when KSC is closed... they've been absolutely wonderful to me up there and often even on a weekday are flying the otter. I have only good things to say about them.

Screw Cross keys (it's in Derty Jerz...) and come to the Ranch! We are much awesomer anyways! ;)

yep yep...ill be at the no rules ranch this weekend...time to get back into it and get my swoop on...
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I worked Manifest at Skydive Sussexin Sussex NJ last season, its mainly a Cessna dropzone, great people, great staff, have nothing but good things to say about Sussex, Crosskeys and The Ranch are awesome too if you feel like driving. Good luck!

I worked Manifest at Skydive Sussexin Sussex NJ last season, its mainly a Cessna dropzone, great people, great staff, have nothing but good things to say about Sussex, Crosskeys and The Ranch are awesome too if you feel like driving. Good luck!

Sussex is about 15 miles from my job. I'm thinking of learning how to jump there.
We'll see how it goes.
Shah
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Screw Cross keys (it's in Derty Jerz...) and come to the Ranch! We are much awesomer anyways! ;)

yep yep...ill be at the no rules ranch this weekend...time to get back into it and get my swoop on...

what do you mean about the no rules ranch?

not that i know for sure what they are talking about, but i will "presume" that he/she is referring to the ranch from the past when it was some serious shennanighans that you hear about in stories around the campfire at night ....

**** as for my two cents on this forum, there are a lot of people that make a very very very long drive to jump at the ranch because it is that good...where else do you see 50-60 loads going up on a saturday when its not a boogie ... and plus it is true camping out there not camping amidst huge stores and malls...but to each is there own so i would say go to all that are within two hours of you -- spend a weekend at each and you make your decision

blue skies!!!

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

not that i know for sure what they are talking about, but i will "presume" that he/she is referring to the ranch from the past when it was some serious shennanighans that you hear about in stories around the campfire at night ....

**** as for my two cents on this forum, there are a lot of people that make a very very very long drive to jump at the ranch because it is that good...where else do you see 50-60 loads going up on a saturday when its not a boogie ... and plus it is true camping out there not camping amidst huge stores and malls...but to each is there own so i would say go to all that are within two hours of you -- spend a weekend at each and you make your decision

blue skies!!!

http://www.theblueskyranch.com/reqs.php

From the Ranch's own web site... they still advertise as being a 'no rules' DZ other than being a USPA member.

as others have ponted out...its a no rules DZ....not saying its not safe by far....just more relaxed is all..

And yes....I am one of the ones that is driving almost 5 hours to jump there this weekend. See yall there!!
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

yes it is no rules DZ after you listen to the rules that the FAA has put in place, the no dog policy, the dont kill me or you rule by acting stupid (which i am sure there is someone out there that can say well when i was at the ranch blah blah blah blah blah [understand this happens every where and as long as you watch your ass you will be fine]), and i think the final rule is get as fu*#ed up as possible when the beer light goes on!!!

*** jealous you are heading to the ranch this weekend -- where do you drive from?

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

and i think the final rule is get as fu*#ed up as possible when the beer light goes on!!!

Ya gotta wait for the beer light now? :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

What do you guys know of
http://www.skydivesussex.com/
It's right up the street from my job.

Sussex is a great dropzone, the instructors are great, the planes are well looked after and the fun jumpers are cool. Its a great small dz to learn at. I definitely recommend it to you. They are open weekends through april and start jumping weekdays in may.