lauras

Zhills 7th Annual Memorial Day 4 Way Scrambles - Sunday May 24

Mark your calendars! Oren's running his 7th annual 4-way Scrambles this Memorial Day weekend. All levels are encouraged to participate - just have an A license, 4 jump tickets and $25 to cover video on every round. A number of freeflyers and CRW dogs have participated in the past so don't be shy if you think your RW skills are a little rusty. 15 teams were assembled last year and this year should be just as great!

The Format:
- Show up at Skydive City/Zhills at 8am SHARP, Sunday morning
- Register with Oren & hand over your tickets & $25 (exact change would be great) as soon as possible.
- You will be assigned a team according to your experience level. Each team is comprised of an experienced 4-way competitor, 2 experienced/intermediate jumpers and 1 rookie. We try to distribute as evenly as possible to keep things fair.
- 4 rounds are jumped during the course of the day & judged. There will be video on every jump. Points are tallied on a score board.
- Sally Hathaway (former Team USA 4-way champion) will provide free coaching for the teams.
- No ringer teams EVER. The competition is very tight and last year 1 or 2 points separated second through ninth place.

Plenty of prizes as usual. Last year's top teams won 40% off Wings Certificates & Wings tee-shirts; 30% off any Aerodyne Canopy Certificates & a free pack job from Nylon City; 30% Michigan Suits Certificates & PD tee-shirts from Paragone Rigging; 20% off Michigan Suits Certificates; 50% off Michigan Suits Certificates and the random drawing was held for: 2 free pack jobs from Nylon City, a helmet bag from Paragone Rigging, 2 30% off Certificates with tee-shirts, tube stoes & lanyards from Sky Systems, and a L&B Solo, Optima & Viso. Aerodyne also sponsored goodie bags for every participant.

Karl Meyer dethroned Bu Klinge and is the current King of Scrambles. The team captain that defeats him gets to throw Karl in the swoop pond (I haven't told him this part yet, shhhhh). Come witness the drama!

Contact Oren at okalbATYahooDOTcom with any questions or if you'd like to register earl

All I gotta say is BRING IT ;-)

This is a great event for anyone wanting to have fun doing some cool 4-way.

Alas I still owe Bu a pond dunkin as he was no where to be seen after he had is crown taken from him ;-)

See you all there

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

All I gotta say is BRING IT ;-)

This is a great event for anyone wanting to have fun doing some cool 4-way.

Alas I still owe Bu a pond dunkin as he was no where to be seen after he had is crown taken from him ;-)

See you all there

It's a shame you can't be there to defend your title this year Karl. We will just have to have fun without you. :(
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

I'm in - I'll be there camping all weekend with the wife. (she's doing AFF this weekend, so I'll need something to keep me busy! B|) I just hope there are some people that can fall fast! :$

Fallrate shouldn't be a problem. You are like the 4th person who said the same thing :)
See you there. If you want to do something before then, find me on Saturday and I will make sure you have people to jump with. I am easy to find. Just ask any of the staff to point you in my direction.

Fallrate shouldn't be a problem. You are like the 4th person who said the same thing :)
See you there. If you want to do something before then, find me on Saturday and I will make sure you have people to jump with. I am easy to find. Just ask any of the staff to point you in my direction.

I got here yesterday and no jumpy so far. Can someone PLEASE order some sunshine in the Z-hills area???

Any rain date on this if the weather is crap this weekend or will I have to wait until next year?

We are discussing that right now. We are toying with the idea of a rain date for the 4th of July weekend.

Hey I vote for July 4 scrambles!

2nd!

I didn't get out there b/c I figured the weather would not cooperate. Almost right.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

NEVER try to predict the weather at Zhills! How will you know if we're jumping if you're not out there jumping?!

Just as an fyi, the dz generally doesn't call events until the morning of. The weather guys/gals here are notoriously vague..."temps in the 60s to 90s, sun, some clouds, possibility of rain & thunderstorms" every day from April through October.

;)

Is it going to be a whole year before you do this again? I had airline tickets to come to this one, but cancelled because of the poor weather forecast.

I've got an airline ticket credit that is burning holes in my pocket. :P

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Hey stranger!

Yes, this is a once a year event. People have asked us to hold Scrambles more frequently but we think it would lose quite a lot of the anticipation and fun that the event generates. Our sponsors are really generous and we don't want to abuse that in any way by hitting them up for donations again and again. Also, Oren's head would explode if he had to manage that kind of chaos more than once a year ;)

If we don't see you this summer, come on by around Thanksgiving. The Turkey Meet is a great time to compete as well. 10-way, 8-way & 16-way events dominated the holiday weekend & it's an awesome time. There are always organizers putting pick-up teams together so no need to show up with 7+ friends (although they'd be more than welcome).

Despite the dodgy weather all week (high winds, lots of rain & all kinds of related excitement), 13 teams were assembled for the 2009 Scrambles. There were a lot of new faces which we were happy to see and initial responses indicate everyone had a pretty good time :) Two rounds were completed before a huge storm rolled in and everyone hid out in the bunker to watch video & distribute prizes.

This year's King of Scrambles is Ari Perelman! His team, BuRod's Nightmare, crushed the competition and displayed some very nice flying. The team included: Janine Colombo, Daniel Hagerman & Yvonne Saa.

2nd Place was taken by Team Bling Bling with team captain Craig Sagalow, Brian Lieberman, Ben Foster and Steve Snow.

3rd Place was taken by Inflicting Pain with team captain Rodney Cruce, Quinn Lamb, Hooper & Sebastian

4th: SkyTaters
5th: SkyDogs
6th: Ruffells Have Ridges
7th: Meatbomb
8th: Full Retard
9th: Red-Headed Step-Children
10th: Easily Entertained
11th: Clusterf*@k
12th: Motley Crew
13th: Can't Remember S$#t

Thanks to our incredibly generous sponsors, this year's prizes were:

1st: 50% off Wings Certificates & $25 Certificates & T-Shirts from Sunshine Factory
2nd: 30% off Michigan Suits Certificates, a free jump from Skydive City & a free pack job from Nylon City
3rd: 20% off Michigan Suits Certificates, a free jump from Skydive City & a free pack job from Nylon City
4th: SkySystems T-shirts, baseball caps & beanies
5th: Performance Designs T-shirts
Last: 50% off Michigan Suits Certificates

SkySystems also provided reusable water bottles for teams 3 through 13, along with a huge bag of stickers, patches & notepads. Performance Designs furnished everyone & their mother with enough pull-up cords, stickers & lip balm to last until next year's Scrambles.

Random Drawing Prizes included:
- 30% off Certificate from SkySystems
- 2 $45 gift cards from Bonefish Grill
- and last but certainly not least, Larsen & Brusgaard generously donated 2 Visos, 2 ProTracks and 1 AltiTrack.

An awesome pork tenderloin & chicken dinner was provided for the Scrambles participants by the dz, TK, Janine & Oren.

The whole shebang is organized every year by Oren Kalb but this event can't happen without the help of:
- Skydive City
- Manager TK Hayes
- Manifest Chicks Debbie Dellibac & Laurie Clark
- Pilot Marko Jakkola
- Video Jockeys Scotty Pratt, Martin Scrzypczak, Igor Mazia & Pip Redvers

Thanks again to everyone at Skydive City, our wonderful sponsors and our local jumpers. Skydive City hosts numerous events during the winter season for all visitors to enjoy but this particular event is mostly composed of locals. It's a great way for everyone to re-group after a busy season, meet the new jumpers and get some fun skydives in together.

Stay tuned for next year's meet!

http://www.skydivecity.com
http://www.l-and-b.dk/
http://www.skydivewings.com
http://www.sunshine-factory.com
http://www.michigansuits.com
http://www.skysystemsusa.com
http://www.performancedesigns.com
http://www.bonefishgrill.com

EDIT TO ADD: Ari, as this year's King Of Scrambles, you get to push Karl into the swoop pond the next time you see him. :)