CSpenceFLY

RW Bigway Skills Camp:Americus,Ga.:May 1st-3rd

Souther Field (http://www.southerfield.com/) in Americus is another well kept secret in Ga. Charles Lindbergh bought his first plane there and made his first solo flight on his way to becoming a great pioneer in aviation. The runway was extended to accommodate Air Force One for President Carter. The airport is next to South Ga Technical Collage (http://www.southgatech.edu/) and has plenty of open landing space.

Also I believe the camp is part of Americus' Lindbergy Days celebration.

Interstate 75 to Ga highway 26 west. Ga 26 west to GA highway 49 south, turn left onto Ga 49 south it will take you through Andersonville (another worthy stop in the area http://www.andersonvillegeorgia.com/) and to Souther Field.:ph34r:

The State record has been a long time coming. It will be neat to see Ga skydiving coming alive and together for the attempts later in the fall.

Is anyone planning other camps yet?

Chris

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

I will be holding a similar camp at The Farm for those who, for whatever reason, cannot make it down to Americus.

I will be focusing on SKILLS using 4-way drills and put together a larger one at the end of the day for those who demonstrate and practice good bigway habits during the sessions.

No charge by the organizer.

To those who are considering going to Americus...GO.
My session is ONLY for those who cannot make it to Spence's event.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I will be holding a similar camp at The Farm for those who, for whatever reason, cannot make it down to Americus.

I will be focusing on SKILLS using 4-way drills and put together a larger one at the end of the day for those who demonstrate and practice good bigway habits during the sessions.

No charge by the organizer.

To those who are considering going to Americus...GO.
My session is ONLY for those who cannot make it to Spence's event.

Andy, this is not a shot at you,just a general observation.:)
This struck me as amusing this morning. I'm trying to set up a chance for people to jump with world class skydivers then ultimately a chance to get on the largest formation skydive in the state since the mid 90s, give people a chance to learn and get noticed without traveling across the country and there may be people that can't be bothered to travel a couple of hours to an event. :D:D Let me know how that works out for you.:)
My advise to those of you with no bigway experience is to get to know some of these people, find out how they got where they are,jump with them and learn from them. In short be ready to put in some effort.

I have talked to Hans about bringing a second plane in sometime to help us get some formation experience.We will also probably plan a trip to Deland sometime as they always have the aircraft for formations.

This struck me as amusing this morning. I'm trying to set up a chance for people to jump with world class skydivers then ultimately a chance to get on the largest formation skydive in the state since the mid 90s, give people a chance to learn and get noticed without traveling across the country and there may be people that can't be bothered to travel a couple of hours to an event. :D:D Let me know how that works out for you.:)

Exactly my thoughts...the secret plan was to catch them anyway even if they passed up this great opportunity at Americus. The hope is that nobody shows up here because they took advantage of your event.

Please don't think I'm stepping on your toes. No way. I had hoped that I made that clear in my original post.

The reality is that not everybody can or will make it. I hoped to fill a gap.

I can see what's going to happen, though. Nobody shows up here and I wind up feeling like shit for not being there myself even though work is keeping me here anyway.
[:/]

AMERICUS! AMERICUS!

Sorry Andy :P

Maybe you could sneak in some bigway work at the good vibes boogie.

Spence, it looks like you've already drawn some farmies. Discounted jumps and badass LO's is quite the draw :)

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

The basic idea is very laid back “camp” to say the least. The actual jumps will be on Saturday and then Sunday if there is interest. Depending on skill levels and number of people that are interested we may split the group up. We’ll be working on:

· Radials
· Red zones
· Sheep dogging
· Stair stepping
· Break off plans
· And my all time favorite no contact skydives.

Although the “organizers” of this “camp” may be suspect, this may be a good time to come see the basic of big ways. We will have video on each jump for debriefing – provided we can find a TV. The price is right, a jump ticket and perhaps a tip for the video guy, and a beer for me :P

If you know your interested please drop me a PM with your name, number of jumps, largest completed formation, and any questions you may have.

Be safe.

fr

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

The basic idea is very laid back “camp” to say the least. The actual jumps will be on Saturday and then Sunday if there is interest.

Sounds like a good starting point to me!

So will there be any "camp" stuff going on Friday during the day? Would it benefit me to drive the whole 7 hours Thursday night after work or should I just plan to be there bright & early Saturday morning??

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

The “official” camp will start Saturday morning. How’s 9:00 in your r.w. suit with jump tickets? Plan on 5 – 7 jumps. If you have more than one r.w. suit bring it, if you have weights bring them to!

Maybe Chris was on to something, this thing is growing faster than I thought it would. If your interested in a slot please PM me and let me know.

If anybody needs a weight vest with weights, just let me know. I have not used mine in a long time, and I may never need them again.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It's been a couple of weeks since the last post on the Big Way camp. Just curious, how's the participation level looking so far? I, for one, am very excited about the camp. (Even if I do have to get up at 2:30 a.m. to make it.)
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

The “official” camp will start Saturday morning. How’s 9:00 in your r.w. suit with jump tickets? Plan on 5 – 7 jumps. If you have more than one r.w. suit bring it, if you have weights bring them to!

reply]

Worth repeating I think. Looks like I'll be leaving early Saturday morning to get there. Real early Saturday morning.

Skymama's #2 stalker -

Sounds like there's gonna be a lot of early morning drives to the event. I guess I could bring a 24 pack of Red Bulls from Sams Club :)

That stuff is piss!!!! i gots my own stuff that won't have me up and then down.
to each his own. :P

At least early in the morning there isn't much traffic. Gotta watch those cops though on 75 south below the city, they like to hide just on the other side of the hills.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Back from the 160 ways and catching up I'll send the details out shortly. I'll also be PM'ing the people that have indicated that they wanted to play.

Again, this will be a very laid back "camp" I'd like to get an idea of how many jumps everyone would like to do 5-7 seems to be a bit for some. PM me your thoughts and I'll try and get as much in as the group wants.

We are around 10-12 now and I don't want it to go any higher - got to save room for the tandems ;)

That stuff is piss!!!! i gots my own stuff that won't have me up and then down.
to each his own. :P

At least early in the morning there isn't much traffic. Gotta watch those cops though on 75 south below the city, they like to hide just on the other side of the hills.

Hmmmm....there seems to be an unsaid tie-in there, eh Paul?

OK....Count me in. I've been a lazy-fuck all too long. Time to get off my ass.