Antigua

Skydive Carolina presents CarolinaFest 2009 June 2-7

Skydive Carolina is pleased to announce CarolinaFest 2009 to DZ.com! CaroilnaFest will be a staple in the Carolinas for years to come and we are excited to announce this event which will combine the annual Rodriguez Brothers boogie with much, much more! There is something for everyone, so join us for a great week of fun!

Here are the details:

http://www.carolinafestboogie.com
June 2-7, 2009

CarolinaFest Blog - Learn about continuous updates for CarolinaFest at:
http://www.carolinafestboogie.com/Blog/Blog.html

Facebook Group Page - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=34102458099

ORGANIZERS:

Kirk Verner (FS)
Luigi Cani (wingsuit & fun)
Amy Chmelecki (freefly & VFS)
Eric Deren (freefly & VFS)
The Brothers Gray (wingsuit)
Joey Freeman (FS)
Jan Lane (FS)
Dave Colucci (freefly)
Chris Wagner (FS)
Pepe Rodriguez (zoo - who are the Rodriguez Brothers!!)
Arizona Divewerkz

AIRCRAFT

Hot Air Balloons
Helicopter
Twin Otter
Casa
King Air

FREE JUMPS
They're back!!!!! We introduced and executed this at SkyFest last year
and we are bringing it back this year - FREE SPONSORED
TWIN OTTER LOADS...not a few jumps here or there.....HUNDREDS OF JUMPS!!!!! This was unprecedented and we are working on bringing you more free jumps to add value to your boogie registration (Last year we gave away 572 free slots).

Many thanks to our current load sponsors:

CaroNet
Dilworth Billiards
Florence Honda
Hendrick Honda
Freefall Photo
Olde English District (2 Loads)
Skydive Carolina
Sunshine Recycling
Sunshine Steel

Great vendors will be present! Organizing and complimentary canopy skills camps for all collegiates participating in the University of South Carolina Flying Gamecocks Skydiving invitational.

EVENING ENTERTAINMENT EVERY NIGHT
VIDEO CONTEST- Winning video wins a FREE Cypres 2!
SPORT ACCURACY CONTEST - FREE L&B altimeter!

TRAINING CAMPS
Training camps will be offered thru the week including:
Canopy Skills Camp with Luigi Cani
Freefly Training with Dave Colucci
Wingsuit Training with The Brothers Gray

JUMP FOR THE CAUSE
Proceeds from EVERY sport skydive made will benefit JUMP FOR THE CAUSE! Come out and jump! You'll be supporting the ladies!

HELP THEM CALL HOME
PLEASE bring your used cell phones to this event! All cell phones donated will be used to purchase phone cards for the troops to be able to call home! For more info on this visit: http://www.helpthemcallhome.org

SUNSET TRACKING DIVES Join Dave Colucci at the end of every day for sunset tracking dives and the Brothers Gray for sunset Flocking Dives!

RODRIGUEZ BROTHERS REUNION
Want new parents? Looking to reunite with old family? Jump with the Rodriguez Brothers at the home of the Rodriguez Brothers and meet your new brethren at the witching hour on Saturday night.....NAAAAAAAAA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA.........NA-NA-NA-NA-NA......NA-NA-NA-NA-NA............NA-NA-NA-NA-NA............HEY!!!!! WHO ARE THE RODRIGUEZ BROTHERS?!!!!! Jump with the infamous Pepe and Delfina Rodriguez!

The event is building and we have a few major announcements to make in the coming weeks! We are stoked and are looking forward to a great quality event!

I have been corrected. Free loads idea by Carolina James, free jumps by Skyfest J as he has done for years.

I don't know about everybody else, but I had a kick-ass time at Skyfest08. J and Carolina both did a great job.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

ORGANIZERS:

Kirk Verner (FS)
Luigi Cani (wingsuit & fun)
Amy Chmelecki (freefly & VFS)
Eric Deren (freefly & VFS)
The Brothers Gray (wingsuit)
Joey Freeman (FS)
Jan Lane (FS)
Dave Colucci (freefly)
Chris Wagner (FS)
Pepe Rodriguez (zoo - who are the Rodriguez Brothers!!)
Arizona Divewerkz

-------------------------------------------------------

WOW!!!! what a lineup of organizers!!!!

it sucks that my company moved me to Arizona, would have enjoyed being there for the entire boogie but I will at least be there for the weekend!!!

See you there!!!!!

Ok so I will be going to skyfest .... but i do need to say that this is some serious shistiness...

I mean that is something maybe you do to your uncle that molested you your whole life but not to the man that showed you how to throw a real boogie...

and further more --- ok your going to steal J's boogie (yes you are stealing his boogie, and if you think otherwise you need to go back to common sense school) i mean come on now the two weeks before his....i mean that to me is just flat out disrespectful

did J steal your wife for a weekend or run over your dog...because he is a pretty cool guy and what you are doing is about the lowest of the low...i hope you lose money and i hope a lot of people realize what is going on and decide to attend the real "....fest"

as always blueskies to all except for those who bring the 'Dark Cloud'

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

ok .... i will take out the lose money portion of my reply...after reading the post you put up i became quite irate, and responded with anger...

everything else stays the same --- i just dont wish that you lose money as you are still part of the skydiving community...

but obviously you dont care about etiquette

hope you guys have a good time...you def have some great organizers, some great events, and some great ideas (maybe not yours orignially) but that is how the skydiving community has grown to where it is now by sharing ideas .....

blueskies

i mean come on now the two weeks before his....i mean that to me is just flat out disrespectful

James and Skydive Carolina were already throwing an event every year around this date before he joined up with Skyfest last year. He had the Family Reunion Boogie on June 16-18, 2006 and again on June 8-10, 2007. When he combined with Skyfest in 2008, it was originally told to us, as a combination of the two events. So now that they have separated again, you are saying that he can't run a boogie around the time that he always did in the past year?
I'm sure that there is a lot in the background of what's going on, but that should not affect us from going to one or the other, or even both. There are always boogies happening within weeks of each other, while some are on the same days.
--
Andy Ussach
Team Dirty Sanchez Ex-Vice President #38
Explosivo Rodriguez #1385, Muff Brother #3503, "Woody" Hellfish #646

I'm trying to figure out getting there. Had a blast with you guys last year! I'm guessing that Charlotte is the best airport to fly into? Any kind of carpooling ideas yet for to/from airport if anyone ele is flying in?
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Not sure how many of you know me, but I'm Ben Lee and I started and run CollegeSkydiving.com. To offer as much as possible to college skydivers from all over, I also work with Event promoters to enable more jumping with more people!

The tough thing to swallow here is that part of my trade in help with people throwing boogies is that I do some website work for them. James seems to be lurking around the SkyFestBoogie.com website and taking every idea I use. This is frustrating because had he just wanted to listen to me months ago to begin with, he would have already had the info.

It's not very cool to step on toes within the skydiving community and to pass over organizations looking to help out then rip off their ideas.

Now with overwhelming feedback from users of CollegeSkydiving.com, I'm having to pull back support of this event.

I hope everyone attending has a fun and safe time, but CollegeSkydiving.com will not be attending this event.
Ben Lee
www.CollegeSkydiving.com

Ben that is a bold statement that you are making and i appreciate what you are doing....the skydiving community needs to realize that we are all brothers and sisters of one big family here and quite frankly we only have eachother to rely on ... and when one stabs the other in the back --- no bueno ---

***leave your problems and that door and jump

blue skies!!!

if you will be at skyfest i will see you there

Hi Simon, Charlotte is definitely the best location to fly into directly. If you need help with carpooling, pm me your travel arrangements and we'll see about getting you hooked up with a ride from the airport.

Happy to announce that another load has been sponsored by Doggy Styles Mobile Grooming, putting us up to 231 free skydives sponsored thusfar. We are pushing forward for much more and we are excited as more is added to this event.

In terms of some of the negativity expressed on this post....all are welcome to their own opinions as is the trend on DZ.com. Much has happened behind the scenes and there are two sides to every story. Much of what has been expressed here has been based on a lot of misinformation that we will not respond to, as it only adds fuel to a fire that shouldn't even be burning. Both events will be fun. If you can go to both, go to both, if you have to choose one, then choose one, but at the end of the day.....have fun, that's why we skydive. Whether 50 or 100 or 500 people show up to this event, we are focused on quality, having fun and keeping a positive vibe throughout.
Don't Miss CarolinaFest 2012!
http://www.carolinafestboogie.com
May 29 - June 3, 2012

hope you guys have a good time...you def have some great organizers, some great events, and some great ideas (maybe not yours orignially) but that is how the skydiving community has grown to where it is now by sharing ideas .....

blueskies

thus the reason why i stated the above.....i thank you for understanding the opinion aspect but in the end we are all a bunch of adrenaline junkies that love falling at high speeds and coasting the clear blue skies under our canopies...have fun and be safe

blue skies!!!

I just spent (too much) time trying to clean up this thread. So, if you notice posts out of sequence, that is why.

From now on, if you want to post about CarolinaFest, post here. If you want to post about SkyFest, post in that thread. Don't spent your time fussing, appreciate that you now have the option of going to another boogie in June if you so choose.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You deleted a lot of posts that didn't break any forum rules (even rules specific to this section). If an organization had been listed as attending and wanted to make it clear that they are NOT in fact attending due to the dishonest, immoral nature of this organizer's event, how is that not ok to post that here? :S

If people are only allowed to make happy-go-lucky posts about an event and aren't allowed to actually discuss it, what's the point of having a forum? If an organizer simply wants to state that their event is taking place and not have it discussed, then they can just have it put on the calendar and leave it at that.

Celebrate we will because life is short but sweet for certain

You deleted a lot of posts that didn't break any forum rules (even rules specific to this section).

It should be understood that we try to treat everyone equally, there shouldn't have to be a rule for that.

Usually, there are two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in between. This forum is here so people can learn about events and then plan and organize their attendance with their friends. If you want to bicker with someone, take it to Speaker's Corner. If you want to complain to me or Sangiro, send us a pm. Any further complaint posts by anyone will be deleted.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

60 days away for the first big boogie of the summer, June 2nd at Skydive Carolina

hopefully hit the Farm in April, Florabama in May and then Skydive Carolina in June:)
then pay for it all in July and August :|

Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

people who are "in the skydiving business" are to be thanked for what is a 24-7 type of job, and for all their "off-season" efforts,, which MUST be accomplished in order for ANY event to run smoothly..:|

I travel much less than I would like to,, but my 14 hour drive to Skydive Carolina , last june, was simply One of the BEST times,,,, I've EVER had at a DZ...B|;) ( we even got to drive accross the New River Gorge Bridge, which i had Never yet seen...:S:|[:/] )

and I have HAD some FINE FINE times , over the years...B|;)

I was impressed with The staff, the volunteers, the regulars, and the visitors....
SD Carolina handled logistics so well that they could be a template.... for how it's done...
Huge crowds of jumpers, great on - the - spot decision making.. handling everything from registration, to manifest, to hot HOT HOT daytime air temps,, ( over 100 F.. for days... ) ,[:/] Refueling of aircraft, AND skydivers.. Food concessions,,, Ice water filled coolers, available in 4 or 5 locations, clean up after 4 or 500 jumpers,, on a daily basis...UNflappable organization and communication....Air Conditioned Shower Trailers,,,,,,,,

I saw Nothing but smiling faces,, from All,, inlcuding J from Skyfest.....:)
NOt sure just why or who decided that Skyfest would relocate further east for this year... BUT that does not require that SD Carolina must forego hosting their OWN Boogie during the early June time frame....:|

as skymama said,, there ARE 2 sides,, sometimes 3 or 4 sides to everything... but ya' know What???? i don't really care about that,, and don't wanna have to deal with it...
regardless , Both events merit attention from the jumping community, and hell YES.. both merit Our support......
I do wish they were still partnered Up...... but that's not my call......

Sooooo.. I DO hope i can attend both....
as a show of support for EACH group, since I am like Switzerland.....
I stay Neutral....
If one is looking for fun, good organization, new skydivers to meet and to befriend, GREAT aircraft, and Top-notch "behind the scenes " efforts.....
then you can't miss,,, with BOTH of these events...:|;)

I'll be setting my sights on Chester, out of gratitude to that staff, for alllll they did last year, and then, full of joy and good memories, i hope to make the same sorta drive again later in the month to support Jay....and the entire Skyfest concept
why?????
'cause i'm just a nobody and therefore do NOT have "to choose sides".... the joys of being a nomad...
with a few hundred bucks available for lift tickets....
and a smile on my face..:D
Why Not work together to make June memorable this year,,, by supporting both these fine events..
Just MHO.....
peace

jimmyTavino
POPS 3935
scr 6190
scs 4876
nscr 1817

All I know is that I'm looking forward to getting some pretty wild ass fun time freeflying going on :)
Once that is all settled for the day, then we'll get some wild ass fun time beer and nekkidness going :o

There should be a sign up list going around soon for big way streaking.

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Hey Antigua! Dave (Streaker, Raya Rodriguez) and Beth (MiniJefe Rodriguez) Hope that Raya is well enough that we can travel that far to be with all of our RR bros and bummpy bros for another GREAT family reunion! We had such a terrific time in 07 and we hope to see a couple of hundred of you again this year! Somewhere I have fabulous pictures of the goings on in 07. If we can figure out how to do it, we will post a few. Man that was a great time!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

:)
Here are a few pics from 2007. Snowwhite & I had a great time.

We miss all our Skydive Carolina friends and I'm hoping to be well enough to jump again soon.

Our best wishes for nothing but bright blue skies for 2009.

Warmly welcome all new brothers and bumpy brothers into the family.

Raya Rodriquez (Streaker)B|
Have a yippee ki ya day!