Gato

Midwest Jumpers - PAC 750 Coming to MRVS!! March 28 - 29

For anyone interested:

Have you been cooped-up all winter? Do you long to jump your ass off? How about something old-school?

Not necessarily a boogie, but you can bet your collective asses we're going to throw down. This is the information I have received from the honorable Tommy Dolphin himself:

Saturday, March 28 through March 29 we'll have a PAC 750 for jumps to 13.5k at Missouri River Valley Skydivers in Henrietta, MO. We're located between Lexington and Richmond.

This will absolutely be a no-nonsense, no-politics, no registration fee, no free beer, no t-shirts, no bar-b-que unless you bring it yourself event - in fact, let's just call it the "Not Really A Boogie Boogie". It doesn't matter who you are, what your home DZ is, whether you like Tommy or not, or if you agree with anything he says or does. If you'd like to get in a shitload of jumps, fill your pockets with cash, and let's get it on!

Jump tickets will be $26, and we can take 8-14 jumpers per load. The pilot is looking to make about 3 loads per hour, for a total of 15 loads per day, so this will be a prime opportunity to make a lot of jumps in a short amount of time. For those of us in the midwest, this is like crack.

My understanding is that there will be no ferry fee for the plane, and the DZ isn't taking any profit - Tommy's having the fuel brought in, but that's it.

Being a fairly new jumper, I haven't been around long enough to become entrenched in the supposed "DZ politics" turmoil of the past, so I don't really give a rat's ass about what's happened before. I just want to make some new friends and get some high-altitude jumps.

Anyone with any questions is welcome to send me a PM. If you've never been to MRVS, you need to come out and hang with us! Plenty of packing areas, camping area with a bonfire pit, hot showers, master rigger on-site, and a huge landing field. Oh, and no adult supervision after hours.

I'll post more details as I receive them, i.e. first load of the day, pattern briefings, etc.

Let's get it on!!!!!
T.I.N.S.

Oh, the hell you say.

We already have ONE load. Looking for 3 more.

You KNOW we're turbine whores here in the midwest - I personally know 3 or 4 skydivers who would mortgage their own mothers to jump above 10k.

Also, farts are less volatile in a larger aircraft!!! ;)

T.I.N.S.

It's rare to have the PAC - this is a special arrangement Tommy has made with the pilot.

Come on out. It's not every day that we get to trade up from a VW with wings (182!) to a - well, I'm not sure - a really fast minivan with wings???
T.I.N.S.

Since most local jumpers despise Dolphin you'll be lucky to get enough to fill up one load. Maybe Dolphin and Chris Hall can pass out some flyers in Harrisonville to drum up a little business?

Hummmm? do we still have our "panties" in a wad for the Harrisonville thing? If you were more than completely incompetent, you could have pulled the deal off! But status quote for your kind, complaining to the public, and reassigning blame to someone else as an explanation for your failures!

Please except this as a personal invite to come out and jump the PAC!
I'll personally take the time to teach you the proper method of how to "Pass Out" fliers!

Tom Dolphin

Since most local jumpers despise Dolphin you'll be lucky to get enough to fill up one load. Maybe Dolphin and Chris Hall can pass out some flyers in Harrisonville to drum up a little business?

If you want to jump, go jump. If you don't want to, don't go. There's no reason to be so snarky. Any more posts of this type won't be tolerated.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hummmm? do we still have our "panties" in a wad for the Harrisonville thing? If you were more than completely incompetent, you could have pulled the deal off! But status quote for your kind, complaining to the public, and reassigning blame to someone else as an explanation for your failures!

Please except this as a personal invite to come out and jump the PAC!
I'll personally take the time to teach you the proper method of how to "Pass Out" fliers!

Tom Dolphin[/reply

"status quote" or "status quo"??...."please except" vs "please accept"?? Maybe you should take the time to learn some standard english you illiterate moron.

This is actually my first visit to dropzone.com, but when I heard about this particular posting, and a PAC 750XL might be coming, I had to chime in! This sounds like a fun time and I hope it works! I got to jump a PAC 750 in Hawaii, and I really liked the plane A LOT. I'll be in the Seattle area, so I will not be able to attend. (Sorry to disappoint my fan club!)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the plane is able to make it, and the weather holds out for everyone. It's been a long winter and KC could use a little turbine action!

Chris Crawford (aka Nimbus)
D-16351

Attached are photos of the aircraft that will be here. It is coming from Skydive Spaceland in Texas on its way back to Wisconsin. I know the pilot and he will basically be "stopping by" here on way home so that is why no ferry fee BUT make it worth his while. He's wayyyy cool dude and excellent pilot!;)

I might be in with shootin over there after I get back from StPattys... This old body will just have to see how its doing. Will it be ok if I still wear my green hawk?:P

WooHoo....... trying to make the circut before we vamoose from this area of the country!

I might be in with shootin over there after I get back from StPattys. This old body will just have to see how its doing. Will it be ok if I still wear my green hawk?

My understanding is that we just have to keep the bare asses off the benches. Wear whatever you like beyond that!!

Hope you can make it out. B|
T.I.N.S.

OK!! To confirm to all whom have phoned and ask the same question the last several days!!!!!!!!!!!

PAC 750 SKYDIVEMRVS, LEXINGTON MISSOURI

MARCH 28 - 29 RAIN OR SHINE!!! THE PLANE WILL BE HERE!

There is a chance it may even be here friday, if the weather cooperates? I'll post when I know more!! Be there!!!

TomB|

ATTENTION MID WEST SKYDIVER
Today I received an anonymous phone call for some guy threatening to sabotage the PAC 750XL if we took it to MRVS this weekend. I do not know anything about the local politics and don’t want to know. But this LOW LIFE is threatening me, my aircraft and every skydiver that gets in it.

I am making this public because every skydiver in the Mid West should be enraged by this. The local Sheriff’s department has been notified as has the FAA. I am asking you all to step up and see that nothing happens to the airplane and in turn the skydivers jumping from it. And if anyone knows about this, tell the authorities. Help us ensure that whoever this low life is he is stopped.

My goal is and has always been to provide fast, efficient and safe jump planes for skydivers. If you have any information please contact the authorities or me at [email protected]
AAP